For starters any bad reviews of this resort I can say are due to exceptional chance and bad luck. This resort was beautiful. The staff was all friendly. We didn't encounter anyone who wasn't smiling and helpful from the staff which is very hard to find. I stayed there with my husband and two kids (2 1/2 years old and 5 1/2 months old). I will break it down for you.We stayed there 6 days in July 2013 during peak season. Room 165.
Resort...One of the few that was not smack dab on the main road. You need to drive up a scenic driveway to get to it. Other hotels were right on the main street and even worse their pools were there too. This hotel is was beautifully maintained. nice flowers, clean, etc They had a cute mini golf, a nice game room, a playground for kids, very clean indoor pool etc.
Rooms...average room. Very spacious. nice view from any room. balcony old but again enjoyable view. overall clean. We needed to call reception to clean something in the bathroom for us that was there before we arrived and not only did they send housekeeping in under 5minutes the manager was by their side to make sure we were ok with everything and that it was cleaned. I have NEVER had such a fast response by staff at a hotel EVER When I needed something and we stayed their during peak season while they were very busy. That really impressed me. Oh and rooms did not have musty smell but I'm guessing after all the reviews they figured to air out the rooms because we saw them airing out rooms for almost the whole day after guests had checked out.
Reception...check in took 5 minutes. Check out took 5 minutes. They were very helpful for directions, attractions, safety deposit box, responding to our calls and our requests. Never waited more than a minute at front desk. Friendly. They even explained that our room was chosen to suit our situation. they explained since we had kids they conveniently placed us on the first floor and near the playground. I was very grateful for that.
Manager Chuck and another manager I think it wasn't him only but not sure. Very friendly,thoughtful and did a great job. He seemed to be part of the furniture there cause we always saw him around somewhere. When we had an incident with our oldest child puking in the room he was there with housekeeping and as they cleaned he made sure our son was ok.He even went and brought him a ginger ale to settle his stomach.
The location is wonderful. It is close to so many convenient things. Rite-Aid, walgreens, mcdonalds, dollar tree, dunkins, etc. We didn't have to drive far for anything. We went to the railroad to see Thomas the train and that was close too. Not very far from storyland either maybe 20 minutes with traffic and lights.It was also very close to its sister esort the red jacket. We profited during one rainy day to our 50% discount at their Kahuna Laguna water park being guests of fox ridge. Staff (life guards) at kahuna NOT so friendly or helpful.
Breakfast buffet...was very nice and tasty. They tried to vary it by changing up the bacon to sausage a couple times. They had lots of choices. Coffee, tea, juices, milk, yogurt, fruits, cereals, muffins, bagels, toast, potatoes,eggs, pancakes, French toast type of thing, etc. It all tasted good, it was always full and fresh. They had crayons and special placemats to entertain children. This saved us a lot of money eating a big breakfast.
My only complaint (not much fault of the hotel) the guests above us were so loud. It seemed like we had pro wrestlers practicing above us. they stomped not walked. I guess if it were more soundproofed between the two floors that would have ben great.
Another thing greatly appreciated were all the activities they would have daily. Marshmallow roasting at fire pit and lemonade. Tis allowed us to mingle with other guests. My son loved it.
Overall this was a wonderful experience.I would only stay there again if in new hampshire for the beauty of the resort, the location of the resort, the friendly helpful staff, the breakfast buffet and so much more. Thank you guys truly for making our stay enjoyable and you shall see us again!!!
Maria and Petros!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On 35 scenic acres overlooking the Moat Mountains, Puddin' Pond, and Green Hill Nature Conservancy, Fox Ridge boasts 136 spacious guest rooms with either two queen beds or a king. Families will enjoy the extra-roomy loft and alcove rooms, and couples the peaceful mountain view rooms with a king sized bed. Most rooms open onto a patio or balcony and provide spectacular views of the surrounding mountains. A complimentary hot buffet breakfast is served daily. Poolside luncheon and family cookouts are offered in summer season. On-property amenities include large indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools, whirlpool spa, tennis, miniature golf, hiking trails, playground, and supervised children's program in July and August. Fox Ridge offers a panoramic and private mountain setting, yet is convenient to attractions including Story Land, the Conway Scenic Railroad, and tax-free outlet shopping. And, guests of Fox Ridge have use of Kahuna Laguna, the 40,000 square foot indoor water park located at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort (one-half mile away). Kahuna Laguna features four 300 foot slides, giant wave pool, water activity tower with 150 gallon tipping bucket, kiddies center, 25 person spa, and game arcade. Please inquire about our Kahuna Laguna packages. Open from mid May through late October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Fox Ridge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fox Ridge Hotel North Conway
- Fox Ridge Resort North Conway