“Love Fox Ridge Resort!”
Review of Fox Ridge Resort

Fox Ridge Resort
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was our 3rd time staying in this hotel.
The location is great, right in the middle of everything. The staff is super friendly. The grounds of the resort were clean and very nicely taken care of. The rooms were good and the beds comfortable.
The views are amazing and you really feel in the mountains. The outdoor pool is perfect and I love you can still use the indoor pool if the weather is not the best. Jacuzzi is good, but it looked a little dirty this last time we went there.
The breakfast buffet is included and really good. A lot of options and plenty of food for the whole family.
Everyday they have different activities for the family and for kids. We roasted marshmallows, went on carriage rides, enjoyed outdoor cookout, game/movie night, etc. They also offer ceramic painting for the kids.
It is right next to the outlet mall and if you want to go to Kahuna water park, the transportation between the hotels is free.
We found out that they have some rooms that are pet friendly, something it didn't list on their website. You can only book these rooms by calling the hotel. Definitely bringing our pup next time!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
FoxRidgeNorthConway, Manager at Fox Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

3 year's returning! Our "super friendly staff" thank's you. Chef Crystal and her kitchen team were thrilled to read your comments about the breakfast buffet. Our Kahuna shuttle makes it easy to use all the amenities at both resorts. Hope to see you again soon.
Chuck and Fox Ridge team

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I posted another review of this hotel from my stay last summer. However, I just have to post again since I love this place so much. First of all, I was well taken care of by Bobbi upon check in. She was set to give us a room with a beautiful view of the mountains on the second floor but then my wife thought we'd be better off with a garden level view near the play ground so we could let our kids go run over there while we watch from as far as possible. So Bobbi gave us the other room. Also, she gave me a very good price which she does every time I call. The room includes a breakfast buffet and it was a very good value. Plus, when you stay at one of these Red Jackets in North Conway, you get a reduced price on the water park and there some park hours that are limited to hotel guests only. Plus, when you buy one ticket, you get two hours the next morning for free. But my favorite thing is the big pool. My kids love it. Also, so many other families stay at this hotel that there were always new kids for them to play with and I could relax in the jacuzzi. Next there's a fridge in the room which is very handy. Finally, they had fun activities like a bon fire and movies. I give 5 stars, only because I can't give 6. Will be here again next year.

Room Tip: Second floor has some mountain views. The bottom floors have some space to let the kids go running...
1  Thank APJ2101

Wow! What a review! 6 stars. Thank you for your comments about our super front desk supervisor "bobbi"she is amazing! I was happy to hear that once again you had such a nice stay it makes us smile to read about it. We look forward to your next stay with us. Call Bobbi directly.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We love going to North Conway every summer... Fox Ridge is a fun place where there is plenty to do during the day or in the evening after a day out. We like that Fox Ridge offers a decent breakfast buffet, and the cookouts on the lawn. While it is not "gourmet" it is fine for families and saves some $ eating out.. The outdoor pool is great and I don't think you can beat the views! While the room decor is a little outdated my family really likes the loft style rooms for the older kids because its like they have their own private area. The beds were pretty comfortable, the rooms were clean but a little stuffy, and the staff was always very pleasant and helpful. We actually spotted foxes playing on the lawn at dusk! The game room cool, and stays open late and we roasted marshmellows one night! We rented a cottage last year and decided it was way too much work between cooking, cleaning, and shopping for all the groceries... We like being able to pack light and enjoy the fun of the White Mountains (day out with Thomas, Echo lake, tubing down the saco, a visit to Zebs and Horsefeathes makes for a great time for us). The hot tub was murky, but most are in public places, right?...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

What a great review! Your right the views from our outdoor pool are the best in the whole Mt. Washington valley. The team thanks you for the pleasent and helpful comment. From your review it seems like you had an active vacation, I hope you got to relax too! Hope to see you back here at the Fox Ridge soon.
Chuck and Fox Ridge team.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I and our two children (ages 3 and 5) stayed here one night on 7/13 as part of the Thomas the Train package. We stayed in a room with two queen beds and then a separate children's bedroom with twin beds. We found all of the employees to be great, especially Chuck, the Gernal Manager, who was there both Saturday and Sunday. We arrived early on Saturday to get to the water park at Red Jacket that was included in our package. We were pleasantly surprised to find our room ready While this was a plus, the only negative comment I have is that the room wasn't cleaned thoroughly. All of the surfaces were very dusty and there were things in the freezer part of the refrigerator/freezer unit. The room set up was great for kids and the balcony was awesome, with a nice view that my husband and I could enjoy after putting the kids to bed. My husband also left his iPhone charger in the room and we are waiting to hear if they found it. No return call back from housekeeping yet. The amenities at these 2 resorts are great (Fox Ridge and Red Jacket). We used the pool and water park at Red Jacket and they were great. Our resort, the Fox Ridge, had a much nicer playground, a nine hole mini golf course that my kids enjoyed, a wonderful wagon ride pulled by Belgium draft horses on Saturday evening and a bonfire Saturday night so that we could toast marshmallows. My kids reslly loved all of these activites that were included. Had dinner Saturday night at Muddy Moose, which is a great place for a fmiky with kids - the food is very good!!! We did Thomas the Train event on Sunday and it was wonderful. Tons of stuff to do. Plan 3 hours there. The best "Day out with Thomas" that we have been to (chicken pita lunch there was awesome!), although we havent been to Edaville yet. Sunday morning we were able to go pack to water park from 8:30 AM to 10 AM and this was great. The included brunch was nothing special, but the hot food was hot and the cold food was cold and I thought it was just fine for being free. They do have a wonderful breakfast at the Red Jacket, if you want something nicer. All in all, I would absolutely recommend this resort, especially being a more reasonably priced alternative to the Red Jacket (the Thomas the Train package was $200 or more at the Red Jacket for the rooms they had available and we were really just there to sleep). Thank you, Chuck, for making our weekend getaway to NH a memorable and fun experience. It was a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for checking on us throughout our stay. You are a wonderful asset to the hotel. Hope to be back next year with some friends and their children and go to Story Land and Santa's Village.

Room Tip: Rooms with a mountain view, separate kids room, and balcony are wonderful for a family of 4 with 2 k...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for such a nice review. I've asked Deb our executive housekeep to contact you about the safe return of your i-phone charger. Seems like you enjoyed all the activities at both resorts, it's nice to be able to shuttle between both resorts. We look forward to seeing you next summer here at the Fox Ridge.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Before booking a hotel for our trip I did my research and read many reviews. Fox Ridge got a lot of great reviews, so I was very disappointed to discover that this hotel was not all it was cracked up to be. We are a regular middle-class family who usually only travel 1-2 times per year and usually stay in mid-range hotels like Comfort Inns or Holiday Inn Expresses, so I was expecting this to be just as good, if not better than those types of hotels. Unfortunately that was not the case.

First off, they don't tell you that when you book online, there's an extra $10/night "resort fee" that you have to pay when you arrive, so that was a bit of a shock. The person who checked us in seemed like she did not know what she was doing and made a few mistakes checking us in. I did speak with the front desk supervisor about this the next morning and she was very pleasant.

I had read other reviews that the rooms were dated, which I wouldn't have minded, except for the fact that the room was not very clean at all. The carpet seemed like it hadn't been vacuumed, the bathroom floor seemed like it hadn't been washed in who knows how long, and there was mold on the shower curtain. The room had a horrible musty smell that actually stayed on everything we had packed, so much so that when we got home, I had to wash everything - even the clean clothes - to get the smell out. There was also no vent in the bathroom.

We weren't expecting too much from the breakfast, since it was free, but I would have at least thought that the "hot" food would be at least warm. Everything was cold both mornings, even when they brought out a new batch of pancakes they were still cold! The fruit tasted horrible, like a canned fruit-cocktail, that even my 1 & 2 year olds who usually love fruit wouldn't eat it! The first morning they ran out of cups, and when I asked if they had more, the staff member rolled his eyes, then the second morning they didn't have lids that matched the cups (anyone with toddlers knows how important it is to have a lid on a cup) and when i asked if they had lids that matched the cups, again I got an eye-roll and was told to use a coffee cup!

On the positive side, the grounds were very nice, and the location was great- right in town close to everything. They seemed to have a lot of activities for families throughout the day, however we didn't do any of them as we were out during the day, and the one night we were going to go to the bonfire, it ended up raining.

Overall, we would not stay here again. In the future we'll stick with the chain hotels that have standards their properties must meet and where I know what to expect.

Room Tip: A "Garden View" room really should be called a "Parking Lot view" room - there i...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

I'm glad Bobbie our front office supervisor could help you, she is wonderful! I'm sorry we didnt get to talk in person during your stay if you would like you contact me please call 603-356-3151. I hope you have a great summer.
Chuck

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at the Fox Ridge Resort over the July 4th weekend while visiting family. We made our reservations online via Travelocity at a pretty reasonable rate that included breakfast. The check-in process was quick and easy. We were booked into room 101, way down at the end of the hotel and very quiet. Our room was supposed to be a garden view king but instead, we were in a Jacuzzi room with a full sized bed. Had it been the middle of winter, we would have been excited to have a Jacuzzi but it was in the mid-90s and too hot for that. I use a cpap machine and when I tried to plug my machine in, I discovered that there were no outlets anywhere near the bed. We called the front desk and were brought an extension cord. The next morning, we decided to ask to be moved into the room we reserved, with a king sized bed. The hotel was able to accommodate us and we moved to room 123. This room was nice, too and had outlets on both sides of the bed! It was also very close to the swimming pool and surprisingly, not loud with pool noise.

The breakfast buffet went until 10:30 on weekdays and 11:00 on weekends. There is a large dining room and you are seated like in a restaurant. They had juice and coffee, cereal, toast, muffins, fruit, eggs, bacon or sausage, pancakes and potatoes. It was pretty crowded with families and kids but I was able to be seated pretty quickly.

The hotel does not have a restaurant but they do offer poolside food during the summer and family barbeques. There are several restaurants within walking and driving distance, too, and the room has a fridge for leftovers!

We decided we wanted to stay another night beyond our reservation so we went to the front desk and were quoted a rate $40 higher than what we paid online and $30 higher than the hotel’s OWN website! My partner was willing to pay this but I wasn’t. I contacted management via email (listed on the website) and within 24 hours, the rate had been adjusted AND we received a voicemail on our room phone about the reduced room rate. This really impressed me for several reasons – one being the manager responded to me on a Sunday.

Sometimes I think when a business makes a mistake and fixes it, I’m more impressed with them than if they’d done everything perfect in the first place. It says that the business values customers and wants to provide a good service to their patrons.

When we go back to North Conway to visit family, we will probably stay at the Fox Ridge again – in part, because when they made a mistake, they admitted it, fixed it and were easy and pleasant to work with – but also because the room was comfortable, the pool was nice, and the breakfast buffet was a great add-on.

Room Tip: Room 101 was very quiet - all the way on the end of the hotel so perfect if you want to be alone and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Our front office manager Dan wasglad to hear your feedback on his quick room move and rate adjustment, he is a valued team member.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here at Fox Ridge Resort and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Chuck and Fox RidgeTeam

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our family has been going to North Conway since my sons were 4 and 5, they are now 10 & 11. We have always stayed at the Foxridge and always had a wonderful experience. The Alcove room is perfect, the twin beds and tv in the little cozy room off the main room gives them and us some privacy. The first floor rooms open right up to the rolling lawn facing the outdoor pool and allows the kids to run and play while you sit on the patio. The staff is so friendly, the indoor pool is perfect for all weather, and the outdoor pool is awesome too. The mini golf is simple but always fun. We love going to North Conway as the things to do grow with the kids. Storyland and Santa's village when they were little and now Cranmore Mt Adventures and tubing on the Saco river as they've grown up. We love our little tradition of coming to the Foxridge and would recommend it to all families! Oh, and the breakfast included is nice too...

Room Tip: We like the Alcove room facing the outdoor pool on the ground level for the kids!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
FoxRidgeNorthConway, Manager at Fox Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

What a nice review. Thank you for returning year after year. Children seem to grow up so fast. You are making lifelong memories of their summer vacation to New Hampshire. My parents brought me here years ago too! Thank you and hope to see you soon.