“Great food and a view few places can come close to.”
Review of 1785 Inn - CLOSED

1785 Inn
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The restaurant at the 1785 Inn is located in a historic building overlooking famous mountain scenery (the 7th most photographed nature scene in the U.S.) A travel guide newsletter recently called it "One of the top 15 views in the world from a hotel or inn." All meals are cooked to order with the freshest possible ingredients (in spring/summer/fall the vegetables & herbs come from their own gardens or local farms). The service is friendly and the wine list is extensive (has received the "Award of Excellence" for 25 consecutive years from the Wine Spectator magazine). The desserts are all made at the Inn (including some that are flambed tableside). The critics have called it "an amazing value" and "the best place to stay or eat in North Conway." A relaxing luonge is also avilable for drinks, some lighter food, or one of their desserts.
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My wife and I got married in the back yard with every plant they had in full bloom and the mountains as a backdrop. Our photographer asked if he could use some of our pictures for his folio as it was so amazingly beautiful it almost looked fake. We then followed the wedding ceremony with a amazing meal in the main dining room. The food was as good as we have ever had and the service made it an incredible experience that we'll never forget. On a clear day I think you can see parts of heaven!

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were traveling around Maine and NH, and needed a place to eat at the last minute. We read some reviews on TripAdvisor and decided to try this place based on the reviews and the varied menu. We were not disappointed. The food was fresh and delicious. We were really pleased.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Awesome!! You will not be disappointed with this restaurant. Excellent liquor selection and the food is incredible.

1  Thank Jim L
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband and i went here for dinner. The service, view, and food were all great, however, the reason we will be going back is the homemade blueberry pie. We are native New Englanders, and this is hands fown the best pie we have ever had!! The maitre'd came by to check on our satisfaction andd we told him how much we liked the pie. He promptly got us the recipe!! This place is great!!

2  Thank Marni R
Reviewed July 11, 2014

The Inn keeper and our waiter were just super nice! We went on a weekend and had no reservations but that was not an issue when we arrived. The waiter had a great knowledge of the menu and helped make this a great experience. To start we split a goat cheese and asparagus risotto that was really good…For dinner I had the duckling and my husband had the elk tenderloin- both just melted in your mouth and had amazing flavor…for dessert we had the bake less blueberry pie and the chocolate mousse…The food was absolutely spectacular across the board. The chocolate mousse was just like eating a gourmet raspberry chocolate truffle and the blueberry pie had the biggest, sweetest, juiciest blueberries! I would definitely recommend The 1785 Inn for a nice, relaxing, and amazing meal!