“Top Notch”
Review of 1785 Inn - CLOSED

1785 Inn
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The restaurant at the 1785 Inn is located in a historic building overlooking famous mountain scenery (the 7th most photographed nature scene in the U.S.) A travel guide newsletter recently called it "One of the top 15 views in the world from a hotel or inn." All meals are cooked to order with the freshest possible ingredients (in spring/summer/fall the vegetables & herbs come from their own gardens or local farms). The service is friendly and the wine list is extensive (has received the "Award of Excellence" for 25 consecutive years from the Wine Spectator magazine). The desserts are all made at the Inn (including some that are flambed tableside). The critics have called it "an amazing value" and "the best place to stay or eat in North Conway." A relaxing luonge is also avilable for drinks, some lighter food, or one of their desserts.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have been to the 1785 numerous times and have never been disappointed.
Wether solo, with a date or a group of 8+ I have always been treated to a truly great experience.
To say the food is great is like saying the view is OK...both are magnificent.
A wine list that continuously has won awards since I don't know when (see Wine Spectator),
A service staff that will go above and beyond your every expectation, and the atmosphere...you really couldn't ask for more. I highly recommend letting you server know your likes n dislikes and your budget and leaving the meal in his hands. I have done this and was amazed, I actually ate and enjoyed things I normally wouldn't...the sign of a great place and chef.

1  Thank SBP69
There are newer reviews for 1785 Inn

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The food is top notch -a bit pricy but the quality and service make this a most worthwhile experience.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The views at this place are unique. Time did not permit us to lunch or dine here. We simply got a drink at the glass-enclosed porch and enjoyed it with the magnuficent view. Service was excellent.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Being from the Boston area, I had my snobby side showing and wasn't expecting much. They sure showed me! We had an open ravioli as an appetizer that was a bit on the bland side, but the buffalo tenderloin was amazing. Amazing! Did I say amazing? It melted in our mouths. The demi glaze was perfect - I usually find them too salty, but this sauce was flavorful and nuanced.

We had a chocolate mousse served on a chocolate scallop shell with a raspberry coulis for dessert. Another masterful dish!

Yes, I would go back!

Okay, the service was a bit slow, but it was friendly and we were on vacation. Taking in the view made up,for the slow service. And at least the food was fantastic when we got it! Worth the wait!

1  Thank AnnChristine_125
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Very good food and drink menu, but the best part is the view of Mount Washington as you dine. Probably one of the most spectacular views I've had at a restaurant. Go before sunset so you have time to view the mountain and then watch the sunset over it. Phenomenal! Make sure to get a window seat. The inn has a rich and interesting history. The dining room is in the original house built in 1785.