“Wonderful B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Conway
Wyatt House Country Inn
Ranked #11 of 21 North Conway B&B and Inns
San Luis Obispo, CA
“Wonderful B&B”
Reviewed October 14, 2008

My husband and I spent two nights up in Susan's Loft on the third. It's not as "Victorian" in decor as the rest of the Inn, but we loved our little space up there! The recent addition of a very nice shower in the bathroom - especially for men like my husband who might not enjoy spraying themselves in an antique tub - was a much appreciated touch. (I tried out the tub and it was good for a soak in a piece of history!)

The Inn is beautiful and well-decorated. Some of the carpets look a little old, but everything is very clean and comfortable. The Inn is a little close to the road, but we are used to hearing a fan run all night long at home. So we asked for a fan in the room, and it was there waiting for us. We slept very well. (We stayed in 4 other B&Bs this trip and most were near busy streets. Perhaps that was the reason they were built there 100-200 years ago.)

Trish and Elaine are great hostesses. They made us feel welcome and gave us some recommendations that we'll have to try during our next visit since I had our itinerary full.

Elaine's breakfast is as good as all the reviews say. Her cheese blitz is amazing! And the yogurt/fruit cups she prepares are so yummy...local yogurt that is the best ever!

When my husband and I take another New England Fall Foliage Tour, we'll stay in the room on the second floor with the jacuzzi, fireplace and balcony for an even nicer stay at Wyatt House.

• Liked — The innkeepers, location and value for the bed and breakfast :-)
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
boston
Reviewed September 9, 2008

We returned not too long ago from a very romantic few days at the Wyatt House. We have stayed here before and absolutely loved it. The property is in a beautiful location overlooking the river and mountains. The rooms are very spacious and are kept very clean. They have private cottages (2) and I would highly recommend them for a romantic getaway. The breakfast is delicious and filling! (Ask for the yummy french toast)!! The afternoon tea and home baked cookies are an added treat as well.
By far, the best thing about the Wyatt House is the innkeepers. They are both extremely accomodating and a pleasure to sit and talk to. We got engaged here and I have to say my fiance could not of done it without all the help the innkeepers gave him!!

• Liked — The view AND the innkeepers!
  • Disliked — Loved everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
worcester
Reviewed August 19, 2008

My new husband and I stayed at the Wyatt House for our honeymoon, and I am so glad we did! It is a beautiful location, with gorgeous views of white horse ledge and the saco river, and it is conveniently located on Rt. 16 1/2 mile from loads of great shops and restaurants! The inn is set far enough away from the road to allow privacy, especially in the Raphael room, which is where we stayed. The owners were more than accomadating, and did everything they could to make us comfortable during our stay. They were readily available to answer all of our questions about the area, but also respected our "alone" time. The innkeepers live on-site, and do have a dog that was a small, old, and sweet, and he did not bother us one bit. I didn't hear him bark once and I was there for 5 nights! My husband is a late sleeper, but they made breakfast for him anyway, and put it in the refridgerator, so could eat it when convenient for him. Breakfast was different every morning, and every meal was fresh, delicious, and inventive! The room was so clean, and when I stepped into the shower, I thought I died and went to honeymoon heaven!!! I took baths every single night. Elaine was thoughtful enough to give me some bath salt to make my bath even better! I would recommend this to anyone who wants a quiet getaway, but does not want to be stuck in the woods for the entire time. The Wyatt house gives one a tranquil, serene effect, and I was sad to leave! We will definetily be back :)

Stayed August 2008
Winnnipesaukee
Reviewed August 7, 2008

First impressions were that it needs a coat of paint- not quite as spiffy as their web site would lead you to believe. And it is directly on the side of the road, which leads to lots of road noise. The "Angel Wing", however, is far enough back so noise is not a problem, and the view of the Saco river (50 feet below) is very nice.

We stayed in the Gabriel Chamber, which was clean, quiet and comfortable. Their web site says: "Pets cannot be accepted at our New Hampshire bed and breakfast.", so we were surprised when a yapper dog barked at us from one of the rooms as we were going to ours. Since it also says "Due to the adult ambiance and antiques, the Inn is appropriate for children 12 or older.", imagine our surprise when the couple in the next room appeared with their 6 month old baby!

The owners/hosts were very nice, and very helpful, but managed to provide only a mediocre breakfast.

Overall, it's an OK place to stay, but somewhat overpriced for what you get, and not quite as described. We would not stay there again.

• Liked — Comfortable beds, clean rooms.
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WinniGuy
Silver Lake N.H.
Reviewed August 5, 2008

We had the most wonderful stay at The Wyatt House, our hosts Trish and Elaine were very attentive without invading our privacy. The Inn is just perfect, great views wonderfully comfortable beds, ( yes as good as at home), great farmers porch, it is incredibly clean (better than home) . We enjoyed the fact it is in walking distance to the village and to a great Irish Pub ( Mae Kelly's Cottage) next door. Waking up to a most wonderful breakfast cooked by Eaine, her granola is the best and that was just a tease to a fabulous filling hot meal. Frittata, bacon, muffin , melon and toast with delicous coffee, we didn't even think about eating until dinner time. We have traveled alot and this is the best place yet. We would recommend the Wyatt house to everyone . Thanks Trish and Elaine.
Kate Walker
Elaine Shackford
Silver Lake N.H.

• Liked — Besides our host , the comfort and cleanliness of the room.
  • Disliked — The rain !
  • Stayed August 2003, traveled as a couple
connecticut
Reviewed August 2, 2008

We stayed 3 nights at the Wyatt House in Stacie's room (the Deluxe room) on the second floor and absolutely enjoyed our stay although any of the rooms would have been fine. Ours had a deck which overlooked the river. Elaine and Trish were exceptional hosts and Elaine's breakfasts were out of this world! She shared some of her recipes with us. They went out of their way to make our vacation memorable. There was wine waiting for us in our room when we arrived to begin our vacation. Elaine and Trish recommended places to see and restaurants in the area they knew we would enjoy. We felt like we knew them for many years and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The Wyatt is central in North Conway and easy to get to many surrounding areas, including Weirs Beach and Wolfeboro. which was very quaint. We can't wait to go back! Thanks Elaine and Trish!!!

Stayed July 2008
Coventry
Reviewed July 29, 2008

If you like to visit North Conway, NH - this is the bed and breakfast for you! My husband and I stayed in the Angel's Wing with a beautiful view of Catherdral Ledge and the Saco River. It was quiet and peaceful and the decor was not only rich with beauty and charm, but the entire room was neat and clean. We had wine waiting for us! Our hosts were friendly serving savory meals each morning around a community guest table in the main house. We had so much fun with all the other guests that we even met for after dinner drinks! Situated a few minutes from the main part of town, we had easy access to the fun shops. But what was really nice was that we could walk to two fabulous restaurants/ pubs! We would definitely stay in this place again and highly recommend it! Paul and Maria Duquette - Coventry, R.I.

• Liked — location and atmosphere
  • Disliked — difficult path to get down to the river, but it was walkable
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple