“Excellent!”

Red Elephant Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 21 North Conway B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 19, 2010

My girlfriend and I wanted a weekend away from everything to relax and recharge. This was absolutely the place for it. Friendliest service you could ask for, excellent 3 course breakfast, and gorgeous rooms. HIGHLY recommend, I will be back.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Red Elephant Inn Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed April 16, 2010

We had a fantastic time in North Conway! I had been before by my fiancee had not. We hiked and shopped and ate and played. Red Elephant Inn was right in the location we wanted and don't be surprised at your 4 star breakfast. Get a room with the jacuzzi for 2!
Thanks

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2010

We had a great time in the Red Elephant Inn. Rob is awesome. Since my wife is a vegetarian we asked for simple breakfasts (expecting simple cereal). But we got way better: three-course very special breakfasts tailored to our tastes, needs, and wishes. The courses were different every day (except when we requested favorites), very good and very surprising. The inn is very cosy and welcoming. There are always snacks on the table during the day and sometimes wine during the evening.

Reviewed March 16, 2010

Who would have thought that traveling to North Conway during a horendous storm that we'd find such a haven in a little bed and breakfast called the Red Elephant Inn. My daughter and son-in-law had given my husband and I a 2 night stay at the Red Elephant for Christmas and it was with some trepidation that we left RI in a torrential rain/wind storm . When we arrived during a cold down pour we were greeted warmly by the Inn keeper. He showed us the place, gave us the rules "Anything left on this table is yours for the taking!" (showing us at the time fresh fruit and CHOCOLATE). He showed us were the tea, coffee, bottled water and brought us to our room. Aka previously called the "Domestic Cat' I just called it the Paris room. It was lovely decorated, with a big brass bed and lots of pillows and wonderful Paris inspired pictures and little Eiffel Towers. The gas fire place was just what we needed coming in from the cold rain. Our whole stay was wonderful. At night Rob left us some cookies and some Red Elephant wine (made and bottled down the street). The first breakfast Rob fed us started with warm donuts, (sorry Rob, I know you gave me the name....but my brain is soaked with relaxation and I can't' remember) served in a martini glass and drizzled with some yummy luce-de lece sauce and powdered sugar. Spa course was some lovely honeydew with a warm honey/ginger sauce. Then came the eggs! Oh my, probably the lightest, fluffiest, creamiest, yummiest eggs I'd ever had, with bacon and some lovely rosemary home fries and english muffins. Rob kept the coffee and conversation going the whole time. It was delightful. We were bummed that he needed to run to New York but he left a 'guest chef' for our breakfast the second morning, and she was wonderful too. She made us lovely apple nut muffins as our first course followed by Rob's famous rum soaked pineapple with coconut and cream! My husband had blueberry pancakes that he LOVED with maple syrup and I opted for the quiche with ham, onions and swiss cheese that was wonderful. Sides icluded some lovely CRISP bacon (just the way I like it) and delicous homefries. I seriously could not find a bad thing to say about this lovely Inn and it's host and it's guest hostess was just as warm and friendly. I hope to visit again, and will recomend it to anyone. If I had to absolutely make one complaint, and it's not a complaint, but a suggestion, it would be that more restaurant menus are needed for guests to check out.

Reviewed March 12, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed here one weekend this past January. We arrived very late, but the proprietor, was nice enough to accommodate our late arrival, and even upgraded our room. The room was nice, with a jacuzzi tub and a fireplace. It was very comfortable. We woke up the next morning for breakfast and headed to the dining room. The proprietor was cooking in the kitchen, so we decided to sit at the barstools at the counter and join him while he cooked. The food was great. He made classic American breakfast staples as well as more inspired items as well. For example: Belgian waffles, breakfast potatoes, Italian donut fritters with a berry reduction, chunk pineapple served in a martini glass with a liqueur infused whipped cream. The food surpassed all expectations. You could tell that he hadn’t just experimented, but rather, was well adept in a kitchen. He was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. In the end, we will definitely be back. Loved the place.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2010

This was our 4th stay at the Inn. Rob is fantastic! We are always welcomed back like family. The Inn is always welcoming to us as soon as we walk through the door. The smells from the kitchen, the snack and coffee available throughout the day and snacks and wine in the evening, the beautifully decorated and comfortable rooms and beds, all make us want to return soon. Rob is a wonderful cook!! His breakfasts are always creative and delicious! He remembered after our first stay that I cannot eat eggs (though I love them) and he has eggbeaters on hand for me when he knows we are coming. He is very knowledgable about the area and offers us suggestions on dining, shopping and skiing. We have found some wonderful places to eat and shop that we otherwise would not have known about. It is very obvious that Rob loves people! We can't wait to go back and would highly recommend this wonderful place!

Reviewed March 8, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Red Elephant this past weekend, and we had such an amazing time! Even though we surprised Diane, the hostess, upon our arrival (we were accidentally down to arrive Saturday instead of Friday), she was welcoming and friendly, and showed us around without any hesitation. The inn is beautiful, clean, and home-y! We stayed in the New York room, which is a spacious room has windows on three sides (looking out to one of the mountain ranges), a king-sized bed, gas fireplace, and jacuzzi tub. Diane served a delicious, three-course breakfast every morning, and even made dinner reservations for us. The inn is located right off of Rt. 16, which is a main road (not super busy though) that has lots of restaurants and shops, and there were so many activities in the area that were available for us.
Some reviews that I read before mentioned the rooms not being cleaned each day. Our experience was the complete opposite! Our room was freshened up while we were out on Saturday, and we received new towels, face clothes, bath mats, and even a wine bucket and glasses for a bottle of wine that we left out!
We couldn't ask for anything better, and we can't wait to go back to the Red Elephant! :)