“Can't wait to return!”

Red Elephant Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 21 North Conway B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 11, 2010

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the Red Elephant. This charming inn seems to have it all: beautiful rooms, great location, amazing breakfast and an inn keeper who made us feel very comfortable roaming throughout the inn and helping ourselves to coffee, tea and movies from the large collection.

When we arrived, we were greeted with a bottle of wine and chocolate chip cookies in the entry way.... what a perfect way to start a weekend!

Other reviews mention the breakfast and it really was wonderful! It was delicious and we were served so much that there was no need to stop for lunch on either day.

Can't say enough about the Red Elephant and hope to return soon.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 10, 2010

I wanted to have a quiet New England get away with my boyfriend before he was deployed to the Middle East and I could not be any happier with my choice to stay at the Red Elephant. We both have done nothing but tell everyone we know about how amazing and generous the staff is and how beautiful the Inn was. We are already planning to go back for a long weekend when he returns this fall!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2010

Rob and Brodie(his dog) at the Red Elephant Inn made our 3 day stay in north conway, NH around new years memorable and an affectionate memory. We were celebrating our first holiday as a married couple and this was the perfect place to stay: our room was always clean and very comfortable, the breakfasts each morning were fantastic with multiple courses (rob even took into account my multiple dietary issues), and the advice for things to do were great. We even hung out with Rob and other guests staying there around the fireplace in the downstairs living room. It was a lovely experience and we'll be back!

Reviewed January 7, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Red Elephant for what was our 3rd time during Christmas time. I must say it would be a hard sell for us to stay at hotel after our enjoyable times at this B&B. Rob the owner has gone above and beyond what most places are willing to do. Our rooms were always clean, food was always good, the complimentary wine/cheese/cookies/fruits, and discounted lift tickets to the local ski area makes this place a great stay. I read the 2 somewhat negative reviews previous to mine and i have to disagree with them 100%. I stayed there the same week as them and their reviews are what prompted me to write one. It's too bad that a few bad apples have to spoil such raving reviews. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Reviewed January 6, 2010

Everyone says that the people and the service offered is what makes an experience memorable and for me this was by far an experience that exceeded any and all expectations. For starters, the breakfast was gourmet each morning. We stayed for 4 nights and of the 5 mornings breakfast was never an ordinary breakfast. Martha Stewart would have certainly been impressed easily! The special touches such as leaving fresh fruit adorned on a decorated holiday table with freshly baked muffins each morning and each evening.
The rooms were so beautiful, warm and amazingly cozy considering how windy and cold it was outdoors.
There were so many personal touches that made our experience comfortable and worthwhile. Thank you, Rob, Diane and Brody for a memorable experience!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2010

Our stay at the Red Elephant Inn was outstanding. Rob and his wife Diane were gracious hosts to say the least. Breakfast was outstanding, the rooms clean, the Inn and the bathrooms were spotless. All we can say is our 4 day stay was great. We met several other excellent guests and had a great time with them as well. North Conway is a nice place to be. There is so much to do: skiing, tubing, skating, dinning out and scenic drives are the beginning. I would highly recommend a stay here. Thank you Rob, Diane and Brodie.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2010

We came to The Red Elephant Inn for a relaxed Christmas break. I was won over by the place in an instant - well who couldn't when you walk into the Christmasy smell of cinnamon!

The whole place is well designed and decorated and has a warm and friendly feeling to it. The rooms were gorgeous (loved the kitchen!) and kicking back in the lounge/library with a glass of wine was a great pre-dinner indulgence - especially when we had to fight through the snow to get to dinner in the town!

It's nicely situated between the two 'halves' of North Conway - one side is very quaint and has some excellent shops, cafés and restaurants, while the other has larger 'outlet' type places. My first stop was the Bavarian Chocolate shop for peanut butter fudge - OUT OF THIS WORLD!

The last couple of reviews had a couple of genuine points to make about rooms not being made up, but I was a bit worried that they left out some of the good stuff. Don't get me wrong, I was very surprised that rooms as wonderfully designed as these weren't given the once over every day, but it certainly didn't ruin my holiday. OK, I wouldn't send my parents there because I'd never hear the end of it, but I'd certainly be excited to return.

Rob was a great host, and it looks like he and his family are dedicated to making The Red Elephant Inn the friendliest place in North Conway.