“An amazing time!”

Red Elephant Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 21 North Conway B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 5 days at the beginning of July in the NY room. The room was spacious with a fireplace and Jacuzzi tub. Rob gave us great advice about what to see in the area and places to eat. His breakfasts were wonderful!! We enjoyed our stay immensely and would highly recommend this B&B

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was our first time in a B and B as they are not very common in our area. It was a beautiful place with a very nice room. Comfortable bed and nice furnishings, along with a very nice host.
Really loved our breakfast! My husband had his eggs and bacon and I had delicious French toast, all with special trimmings. This was our favorite place to stay on our whole trip! And the price was less than we paid for mediocre hotel rooms.

Room Tip: We booked this through hotels.com
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the New Yorker room this past weekend. The room was exactly as described. We enjoyed the views, the king sized bed and the jetted tub after a long day hiking. Everything was updated and looked freshly painted. I'm a breakfast person and was not disappointed by the three course homemade breakfasts. Rob was very friendly and knowledgable, suggesting a great place for dinner when told what we were looking for. We highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Considering the Red Elephant was the first place I'd ever stayed at in America, I couldn't have done much better.

Just after we arrived, Rob, the owner, laid out the ground rules. These are the main two:

• There might be a bottle of wine left out in the evenings. If there is, you should drink it before someone else does. There'll probably be chocolate and popcorn too.

• The porch has a stunning sunset view over the mountains. You should muscle your way in on the outdoor sofa before anyone else does.

Rob's cooking was incredible. Not your usual miniscule B&B breakfast, he cooks up a three-course feast with a choice for your main course. I had delicious apple fritters with Italian cream, orange pancakes with delicious berries and too many other bits to remember. His incredibly cute dog, Brody, will quietly keep you company while you eat - adding to the inn's really homely atmosphere.

The room we stayed in (the Hippie room, I think) was lovely. A nice wood-burning fire in the corner, old skis propped up in the corner and one of the most comfortable beds I've slept on in a B&B.

Rob catered for all our needs; he let us borrow a bottle of mosquito repellent for our day's hiking up nearby Mount Kearsarge (we still nearly stepped on a snake, mind...), and he gave us some excellent recommendations for dinner and things to see nearby.

I've not even mentioned that the building itself is beautiful, packed full of local information and away from the main North Conway street. I've probably gushed enough - but I think all that's left to say is that if you want a nice homely stay in North Conway, make the Red Elephant your first choice. I'll stick some photos of a breakfast and our room up on here once I've posted this review.

Thanks for a brilliant welcome, Rob!

Tim

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TimfromEssex
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is our second time at the Red Elephant Bed and Breakfast. We stayed for four night in May as part of a longer road trip to Nova Scotia. We stayed again in the New York room, which was lovely, as it has a fireplace that came in handy on a couple of chilly night. For the last couple of nights we were the only guests at the Inn. We received very personal service and Rob even lent us his hiking guide and maps for one of our excursions to Pinkham notch for some hiking. As other reviewers have said and I have said before, the food is GREAT. Rob makes one heck of a breakfast, all from scratch! I can't wait until our trip next year to stay here again!

Room Tip: The New York room is huge, lots of room to spread out!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JellybeanandBug
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We travelled from Thailand and spent 2nights there.. This place is very impressive and really make us fell at home. The foods are also very good. We may not be able to write as much as we can to express our great feeling while staying there.. However highly recommend to everyone who visit White Mountain....

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tewtip V
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Red Elephant Inn for 6 days. It was extremely comfortable and very relaxing. The innkeeper, Rob, made us feel right at home and was very helpful with dinner suggestions and hikes. He is also an amazing chef. His 3 course breakfasts were delicious. The location of the Inn was perfect and the back porch with a glass of wine after hiking was wonderful. Rob's attention to detail was very much appreciated.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple