“Best NH Bed and Breakfast”

Red Elephant Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 21 North Conway B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I must say the Red Elephant over exceeded our expectations. The room we stayed in (Paris room) was so pretty and comfortable. Rob, the owner, makes a killer breakfast and worked around my dietary needs ask am gluten intolerant. It was nice that he cared enough to go out of his way and make our experience a great one. Brody (the mascot) is by far the most friendly dog and loves you a bit more if some food accidentally falls on the floor for him! All in all it was a pleasant experience and we look forward to going back again soon!

Laura and Dave

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I've always been weary of bedand breakfasts, so when my fiancee suggested we stay here I was mildly skeptical. I could not have been more pleased with the stay however. The innkeeper was an incredibly accomodating man, with a sweetheart of a dog. He cooked an incredible honey wheat pancake breakfast, and opened a bottle of wine for the tennants to share at night. The room was gorgeous with a king sized bed, and a jacuzzi style bathtub that was enormous and comfortable. I reccomend anyone in the area to stay there. One night isn't enough, and it's close to many activities, trails, and shops in the area. We absolutely loved our stay and plan on returning soo.

Room Tip: We stayed in the New York room.... absolutely phenomenal
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nick C
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed at the Red Elephant B&B for three nights in August as the first part of our two week holiday. I booked this property based on the tripadvisor reviews that I read and because we wanted to try a B&B for the first time. We have stayed at three other hotels in the North Conway area and I would not go back to any of them after our experience here.

We don't have much to add beyond reiterating what many others have said: Rob is a great innkeeper, the breakfasts are creative and delicious, the end of day wine and chocolates are a wonderful touch, Brody the canine ambassador likes to sit and watch you eat, the rooms are a great value and sunsets on the porch are incredible.

We stayed in the New York room, which was wonderful and spacious with a king sized bed, fireplace, nice furnishings and lots of floor space. As stated by another reviewer, the internet IS a little weak, but we found that it improved throughout the day to the point where we were able to stream a netflix show at night.

The only thing that could improve an otherwise wonderful stay would be to replace the air conditioning unit in the room which is a little on the loud side and has seen better days.

We look forward to staying here next year when we come through the area again! Thanks again, Rob!

Room Tip: The New York room is awesome
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JellybeanandBug
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I recently went to North Conway to do some kayaking/hiking and was extremely satisfied with my decision to stay here. Rob greeted us as soon as we walked into the Inn and he was very helpful throughout our stay. Breakfast was a great way to start each day because it was absolutely delicious every time. After our long days of hiking, my girlfriend and I sat on the porch with some complimentary wine that Rob left out for everyone. We will definitely be back again soon for Ski season.

1  Thank John S
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed in the New York room for several nights in July & had no regrets about our choice-lovely views of the White Mountains, large & roomy. The location is close to town & we enjoyed the generous portions & good breakfasts! Rob was friendly & helpful in recommending hikes & other places of interest in the area. We enjoyed the wine provided each evening, too!
Would've liked a few more bathroom amenities, but that's looking hard to find much lacking. All in all, a really good choice!

Room Tip: New York room is large & roomy with a great view!
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My first experience at a Bed & Breakfast was at the Red Elephant Inn, a beautifully well preserved stately house with lots of historic charm. The location is right in the heart of North Conway but it is set away a bit from the hustle and bustle of main street. We spent a night in the Paris theme room, tastefully decorated and furnished. My husband and I slept like a baby and we woke up to the sweet and savory smell of breakfast. Ahhh breakfast...it was delicious! The french toast was melt in your mouth goodness along with the peanut butter yogurt and cream puff like confection. As for the inn keeper and his dog, Brody. They were so warm and welcoming, I felt like I was at home - away from home.

The only con - well wifi was weak and reception was terrible but hey we went to NH to get away from it all. So no biggie.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2012

First off, the reports are true: breakfast is wonderful! (Although if you're avoiding alcohol, you might want to mention it to the Rob the innkeeper--many dishes are boozy.) Rob is a friendly host and the rooms are fairly comfortable and clean. The location is very convenient.

The one big drawback of this inn is the noise. There is quite a bit of traffic noise from the road (the inn is not far off of Route 16) as well as noise from other guest rooms. The inn dog, while very sweet, is also rather barky, especially at breakfast time. I love dogs, but definitely don't find being barked at while I eat relaxing! Plan on bringing a white noise machine or earplugs to allow for a good night's sleep.