“Very nice experience!”

Ranked #10 of 21 North Conway B&B and Inns
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
“Very nice experience!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We loved our stay at the Eastman Inn. The location was great and was only surpassed by the delicious breakfast and cordial service of the owner - Arthur, who couldn't have been nicer. The front living room, where we relaxed and drank some herbal tea was fantastic. Our room (#7), was a little noisy as it is in the front of the house facing the street, but was beautiful with a wide jacuzzi. We kept the AC fan on to drown out the noise so that helped out greatly as I'm a light sleeper. We loved our stay and will definitely be back when we want to get away again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you will want a room not facing the street or just sleep with the AC'...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Frank P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Montreal
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was the second day of our little B&B road trip. We were warmly greeted by our host and after a briefing about morning coffee, breakfast times and general amenities we were brought to our room, a very sweetly decorated and thoughtfully furnished place of peace. :)
There is plenty of parking on the premises although not in front of your room. The owners and general atmosphere are veeeeery laid back, lots of places to just sit, read and relax. Walking distance to town and yet far enough away so you don't need to deal with the city "noises". each room has it's own rocking chair on the porch and there are comfy sofas all over the place. You can just sit and watch the world go by if you like....
My wife had a mild vertigo attack in the morning and breakfast was brought to our room...very impressive and thoughtful! Breakfast itself was very nice and I ended up sacrificing my self to eat part of my wife' s, since she wasn't feeling well. :)
A couple of things I should mention:
1. North Conway is a busy town and early (5am) morning traffic starts; you WILL hear traffic sounds regardless of which room you have.
2. When we were there the grounds looked as if needed some attention; the grass was noticeably long and older clippings were lying all over the staircases, nothing a little sweeping couldn't take care of.

Would definitely recommend this B&B!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wolf55
Tel Aviv
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Amazing experience. Clean, beautiful and cozy rooms and a special living room. Would definitely recommend this place! The breakfast is daily and personally prepared by the owner and is just delicious. In the living room are hundreds of books from the owner's collection and some nice games donated by previous visitors. You can help youtself to coffee and a snack all day long. Most of all, this place is fairly priced.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Guilford, Connecticut
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had a great experience here. Went in November to plan our quiet wedding. Booked same room for May to return for our wedding. They cancelled our reservation 1 month before because of a schedule conflict!!!! Referred us to another inn we have not even seen! No thankS!!!!

Room Tip: Don't make any actual plans!
Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sara G
NorthConwayArthur, Owner at Eastman Inn, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
As a small business/inn with just 1 housekeeper employee it is impossible to have someone else cover for me My niece is getting married that same day in California....she just changed her date to be the same weekend as this guest was reserved on. It is very unfortunate indeed, but I am committed to walking her down the aisle as her father just passed away and she is like a daughter to me. I spoke with the writers fiancé and recommended the #1 rated Inn in North Conway as an alternative. The Red Elephant was going to give them their best room with a King Sized bed, Jacuzzi tub for 2 and I was going to make sure a great bottle of wine or champagne was there for their stay. In my 7 years of Inn keeping I have never had to do this before and was not mentally prepared for this review. We strive to give the best personal service to every guest and I hope this couple have a wonderful wedding and find an outstanding place to stay on their special day.
Salem, NH
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed at this resort two times, and we always leave very satisfied. The place is very cozy, and the decoration is nice. A very good ambience also, if all you want is just relax in the premises or read a book. If you want things to do, this B&B is located right in the middle of N.Conway. Just a couple of minutes to the outlets, or to the downtown area.

Although the place is located in a main road, it's very quite to sleep in the morning. Although, if noise is a concern for you, then I would recommend a room facing the back. The innkeeper is super pleasant, and the attentions are just phenomenal. Never mind the beds... SUPER COMFORTABLE!!!

Overall, if you have stayed at other B&B's in the past, this one is by far one that you need to check out.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jgkvcruz
Medford, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Booked a one night stay at this place in February 2013. The inn is cozy and kind of cute, the host was welcoming and had good knowledge of the area. Our room was in the main house on the second floor. The room was average size, w/outdated decor, which some may find charming. The bathroom had several toiletries samples, and even a free deodorant which is a nice touch.
Now once in the bathroom, I found a lady bug on the window and initially thought nothing of it. Then, I found one more and was a little surprised. Needless to say, 7(!) lady bugs later we were somewhat turned off and decided to check the whole room, including the bed and all around the area. After finding 4 more lady bugs in the room, including 2 right next to the nightstand and in the closet, we packed our bags and left. Now, to give credit, I must say that the owner refunded us immediately, however I was more than a little surprised that he didn't even go up to our room to see the lady bugs... Just think he knew about the infestation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travels718
We are so sorry that we had a ladybug invasion that sunny winter day. I immediately refunded the guests the full amount of the reservation and apologized immediately. I took them for their word and did not ask them to 'prove' the allegation of bugs. We strive to keep our inn clean and spotless but we missed this. We hope they found suitable accomodations elsewhere in North Conway. We have contracted this spring to have regular exterior spraying for pest control and believe this will prevent further problems.
North Dighton, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a little "babymoon" last weekend and had a great experience. It was my second time staying there and the first time for my husband. We went during a little more of the"off" season up there so it was nice and quiet, which we enjoyed a lot. There were only two other couples staying at the Inn which gave the weekend an overall layed back vibe...which was perfect! Arthur the innkeeper was very hospitable and friendly. We stayed in one of the king suites which was very homey and comfortable. Everything was very clean and the breakfasts were great! We will absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple