“2 visits in 1 trip”

May Kelly's Cottage Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #1 of 95 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We really enjoyed both our visits and meals to Mary Kelly's. The traditional Irish meals are the best - Shepherd's pie and meatloaf in particular were wonderful. The atmosphere is fun and upbeat, and the service is very good. On Sundays they have an Irish "jam session" (can't remember the Irish name) which is great. I had thought I left my cell phone there and the Irish hostess?/owner? really went out of her way to look for it and take my name in case they found it. We absolutely highly recommend this great restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,309)

Reviewed October 14, 2013

When in North Conway you just have to treat yourself to at least one meal at this fantastic quirky restaurant. Being of Irish decent, i don't really recognise the Ireland it represents but perhaps that's an American thing! We enjoyed the experience so much we ate there twice in our four day stay and were welcomed back like family. The food is excellent & the atmosphere was great. Despite being a busy holiday weekend the service by our waitress, Meredith, was superb. Both times we were greeted by Marie/Mary who knew exactly what was happening at all times, was friendly and made you feel at home. As mentioned in the 2013 lonely planet (New England's best trips), this is the real deal & make it your top choice!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I liked the friendliness of the staff at this place and the atmosphere. I also liked its proximity to the middle of North Conway. And if I am ever in North Conway on a Sunday, I will really want to go there the the weekly Celtic session there.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Relaxing, comfortable, welcoming. This place had it all! The food was excellent! The owner walked us right to our table and checked on us during our meal! Seriously, who does that anymore! She also gave my daughter who was up there putting the final touches on her destination wedding at the Red Jacket Resort, names of local florist, dog watchers and photographers. Sunday afternoon we were treated to live Irish music, it was awesome!!
Will made this our destination restaurant whenever we go north now. We revisited after the wedding with our friends and they loved it too!!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great variety of food in a very unique building that creates a lot of charm. The food choices are wide we ate ther twice in 1 week and both times enjoyed our meals and service.