This is our fourth adventure to the red jacket in North Conway. The grandkids refer to here as their "vacation place!" The water park is the big attraction. Next, it is the breakfast buffet that catches their attention. Small set back this year in that out of all the amazing choices-- scrambled eggs were no where to be found......... unless you waited in the special order omelette line for twenty minutes. My granddaughter wanted me to hold her plate because it was getting heavy!
I could tell that the amazing and outstanding food manager, Christy Mackie, was off this day because she would have had them fire up a quick supply of their fantastic eggs in a flash! The young girl in charge that day seemed to care less about the long line backup.
The rooms are ok, reading at night to fall asleep is hard because you must almost get up to reach the light switch above your head. Why the previous switches are all disconnected and covered up, I am not sure?
Little silly things, I know, like walking down the halls and left out food trays and piles of dirty towels are sitting there from one morning trip to the next. Plus, in times past, the hotel associates were all in their red jackets and had a customer caring attitude which was missing on this year's trip. The gals at the check in office are all fantastic. And we love the dining room staff, especially Chris Wood, our AM server and the man that makes our trip memorable---
the one and only Chris Randall whose happy and fun nature and attention to detail makes our dinner really special! He truly cares and none of that foney stuff like "enjoy" .
The kids love toasting the marshmallows at night over the open fire. A great place for all and I am sure we will be back next year! To Chris 1, and Chris 2, (not the ones above, but the chefs)
I truly appreciate your never ending hard effort to make the best tasting meals in all the world!!
Thanks red jacket, for another fantastic visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort is located on 40 acres overlooking the Moat Mountain Range and Saco Valley, nestled in the heart of the Mount Washington Valley. Red Jacket Mountain View is home of Kahuna Laguna Indoor Water Park. It's 40,000 square feet of splash-tacular fun! Zoom through one of four high-speed tubes before splashing into the landing pool below. Body surf in the swirling wave pool. The whole family will enjoy the activity pool, water cannons and play tower, and your smallest kahunas will have a great time in the shallow pool, an area designed with them in mind. Water park admission is additional. Deluxe accommodations (some pet-friendly) feature 1 or two beds while our family accommodations include spacious family lofts, alcoves or two-bedroom townhouses. Our new four-bedroom homes have full kitchens and decks, offering privacy yet easily walkable to all our amenities! Our front desk is at your service for all the arrangements you will need for activities such as skiing, hiking,shopping the outlets of North Conway or visiting Story Land and Santa's Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Jacket Mountain View Hotel North Conway
- Best Western North Conway
- Red Jacket North Conway
- North Conway Best Western