Our family chose the Red Jacket because of Kahuna Laguna (which we had been to on a day pass), but our expectations of the lodge weren't real high. We were very impressed with everything and will definitely be back.
The lodge is much better than I thought it was going to be. Our room had an alcove and was on the top floor. It was a great private balcony overlooking the mountains. The room was clean and up to date. We barely heard our neighbors (although maybe that was just dumb luck). The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. Lastly, the outdoor pool was great! It was warm, large, and even had noodles, beach balls, and water toys for the kids. It was a very festive, fun environment. We didn't get a chance to take part in some of the activities, but the fact that they offered them was great.
Kahuna Laguna was great and our kids loved it. It wasn't too crowded, and the lifeguards were attentive. The bathrooms were clean and there were fresh towels available at all times.
We ate at the restaurant on the 2nd floor for dinner one night. It has an amazing view of the mountains and a balcony to hang out on while waiting. They even loaned us binoculars to check out the mountains. The service was great. If there were any complaints it would be that I wish they had a few more "lighter" options on the menu and a couple more beers options on tap.
Breakfast was included in our package and it was great. The service was amazing and the food even better. Not your typical buffet. They had eggs benedict, omelet bar, waffles, pancakes, etc. Very good. My only minor complaint was the coffee wasn't good. They serve it in those big carafes, which are convenient when you need it, however I'd rather have less coffee of higher quality.
Overall, we were completely impressed with the whole experience. We'll make this trip an annual trip back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort is located on 40 acres overlooking the Moat Mountain Range and Saco Valley, nestled in the heart of the Mount Washington Valley. Red Jacket Mountain View is home of Kahuna Laguna Indoor Water Park. It's 40,000 square feet of splash-tacular fun! Zoom through one of four high-speed tubes before splashing into the landing pool below. The whole family will enjoy the activity pool, water cannons and play tower, and your smallest kahunas will have a great time in the shallow pool. Water park admission is additional. Deluxe accommodations that feature 1 or two beds while our family accommodations include spacious family lofts, alcoves or two-bedroom townhouses. Our four-bedroom Presidential homes have full kitchens and decks, offering privacy yet easily walkable to all our amenities! Our front desk is at your service for all the arrangements you will need for activities such as skiing, hiking,shopping the outlets of North Conway or visiting Story Land and Santa's Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Jacket Mountain View Hotel North Conway
- Best Western North Conway
- Red Jacket North Conway
- North Conway Best Western