It just may be that we are staying on the wrong side of the building but the room that we are staying in is not as clean as one would hope.
We arrived earlier than check in so we hung out at the pool which is great..the slides are fun but the kids in charge of them appear to be more concerned chatting on their phone giving you the occasional nod to advance. Keep in mind that the wave pool can be a bit much for the little ones. If your child does dead his or her knee on the ground plan on bringing some ointment with pain relief. Scrapes are going to happen.
The arcade was a nice distraction but a few of the games were not functioning correctly such as Tekken which my kids waisted some money on.
My biggest gripe is the parking set up because parking can be a big issue. They do have some nice employees working around the perimeter to help you but parking is at a premium.
I don't think we will come this way again and have a day and a half left for this trip. I was upset to hear the a friend and his family stayed in a room with a loft and their room appears to be in better condition. I'm in the 200 rooms and this room certainly needs some updating. I didn't like the idea of having to put a shower mat down before showering and some of the walpaper is starting to peel of in the sink area.
I would like to enjoy the ace more but just not wowed overall.
It's also absurd why they would not leave directions in the room for wifi but rather you have to check or call the front desk. I have a simple suggestion which is to exain the wifi to folks when checking in first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort is located on 40 acres overlooking the Moat Mountain Range and Saco Valley, nestled in the heart of the Mount Washington Valley. Red Jacket Mountain View is home of Kahuna Laguna Indoor Water Park. It's 40,000 square feet of splash-tacular fun! Zoom through one of four high-speed tubes before splashing into the landing pool below. Body surf in the swirling wave pool. The whole family will enjoy the activity pool, water cannons and play tower, and your smallest kahunas will have a great time in the shallow pool, an area designed with them in mind. Water park admission is additional. Deluxe accommodations (some pet-friendly) feature 1 or two beds while our family accommodations include spacious family lofts, alcoves or two-bedroom townhouses. Our new four-bedroom homes have full kitchens and decks, offering privacy yet easily walkable to all our amenities! Our front desk is at your service for all the arrangements you will need for activities such as skiing, hiking,shopping the outlets of North Conway or visiting Story Land and Santa's Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Jacket Mountain View Hotel North Conway
- Best Western North Conway
- Red Jacket North Conway
- North Conway Best Western