“Get what you pay for...”

Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
North Conway, New Hampshire
“Get what you pay for...”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

It just may be that we are staying on the wrong side of the building but the room that we are staying in is not as clean as one would hope.

We arrived earlier than check in so we hung out at the pool which is great..the slides are fun but the kids in charge of them appear to be more concerned chatting on their phone giving you the occasional nod to advance. Keep in mind that the wave pool can be a bit much for the little ones. If your child does dead his or her knee on the ground plan on bringing some ointment with pain relief. Scrapes are going to happen.

The arcade was a nice distraction but a few of the games were not functioning correctly such as Tekken which my kids waisted some money on.

My biggest gripe is the parking set up because parking can be a big issue. They do have some nice employees working around the perimeter to help you but parking is at a premium.

I don't think we will come this way again and have a day and a half left for this trip. I was upset to hear the a friend and his family stayed in a room with a loft and their room appears to be in better condition. I'm in the 200 rooms and this room certainly needs some updating. I didn't like the idea of having to put a shower mat down before showering and some of the walpaper is starting to peel of in the sink area.

I would like to enjoy the ace more but just not wowed overall.

It's also absurd why they would not leave directions in the room for wifi but rather you have to check or call the front desk. I have a simple suggestion which is to exain the wifi to folks when checking in first.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Robbyandjake
Jon S, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Robbyandjake,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your most recent visit. We apologize for missing the mark on your stay and not providing the wow that we strive to deliver. Anytime one of the arcade games malfunctions we refund any money that was lost. All of the games in the arcade are token operated. Even with the signs posted some of our guests still try to put quarters in the machine that cause the games to stop working. Parking was a challenge on Saturday as we hosted a local fundraiser for the community. Even with the 7 employees managing the parking and making every attempt to save spaces for hotel guests, it was still a challenge from 6:30-10:00 and in the future functions like that will not be held when we are sold out.
I apologize for the lack of communication with WIFI instructions. Part of the check in process is to explain login instructions and point out the user/pass on the key packet. We strive to have 100% satisfaction with all aspects of the resort and your feedback will help us improve in areas that we fell short.

When you are back in the area call me directly to see if any of the loft rooms are available.

Jon and The Red Jacket Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
Barrington, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Hotels only saving grace is the waterpark. Hotel needs upgrades. Staff not knowledgeable in other aspects of hotel areas (dining, pool, etc). Walls paper thin, although staff immediately talked to the room next to us about the WWF wrestling and screaming at midnight (kids not adults). Food was very good. Service one evening was very slow due to understaffing and a lot of in room orders. Waterpark food good, but way overpriced.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Nicholai630
Jon S, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Nicholai630,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback of your most recent visit. We are glad that you enjoyed Kahuna Laguna and the food we have to offer. Thank you for your constructive criticism on the rest of the property and we will take that into consideration as we move forward. We will look forward to seeing you in the future and please stop by and say hello.

Gloucester, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Loved this hotel. We checked in early,no problem. Our room was cozy, clean. and not overwhelming, the view was beautiful. My husband and I truly enjoyed sitting on the balcony in the morning with a cup of coffee, before the kids got up. My two children ages 9 and 12, were very comfortable, and had no problem going to the arcade, or asking the staff for help with the wifi. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. The breakfast buffet was awesome. The food was fresh, and very tasty. My husband and son went to the bond fire, had marshmallows and hot chocolate, and did enjoy that time together. Finally, the water park. It was clean, warm and we'll thought out. We had so much fun! We will most definitely plan another vacation there.

1 Thank Holly A
Jon S, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Holly A,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience of your last visit. We are glad that the entire family had a fun relaxing visit. Coffee from the balcony is a great way to start or end a day and looking over the Moat Mountain Range makes it that much better. We look forward to seeing the entire family again soon.

Acushnet, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Usually we stay at a different hotel when we come up here, but we decided since we were bringing the kids this place would be great between the arcade & water park. I gave this hotel an average rating because of a couple of things 1st thing very poor visibility of signs on where to enter off the main road. My husband and I passed it because there was such a small sign we missed it will all the snow covering it.

Checking-In was great and easy getting to our room was a process being only 1 elevator an having to cross through the main "dinning" area was awkward. When we got to our room I looked it over I found a hair on my bed which grossed me out a bit, The beds were very uncomfortable and way to bouncy. I couldn't wait to get home and sleep in my own bed. Also there was makeup on the shower curtain. This hotel needs to update from VHS players to DVD I have brought DVD for my 7 & 3 year old to watch and couldn't. I wish the lady at the front desk told us how to go about getting the WIFI instead I had to figure it out on my own. The water park was a huge hit with my kids totally worth it there. The View was great I could wake up to that every morning I had a Mountain view room. Also, Breakfast was great tons to choose from won't be disappointed. All and All I will choose a different hotel and come visit the water park with a day pass.

Room Tip: Mountain room view was good.
2 Thank BOpozda
Jon S, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
BOpozda,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments from you most recent stay. We apologize that we fell short meeting your expectations. Your feedback will be utilized as a training tool to help us improve. When you return to North Conway please call me directly so I can assist in regaining your confidence in our Resort.

Clinton, Maine
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Just wanted to place a quick review of a great hotel, the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort and Kahuna Laguna waterpark. The entire facility was above our expectations where cleanliness and service were concerned. We made use of the waterpark package which included an incredible breakfast buffet. We had no negative experiences, and the staff were incredibly friendly and courteous. We plan to return.

Room Tip: You cant beat the mountain views!!
1 Thank Mark804
Mark804,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your most recent visit. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed Kahuna Laguna and the breakfast buffet in Champney's. On a daily basis we work extremely hard to provide excellent service, well maintained and clean facility. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Salisbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 3, 2014

To anyone reading reviews to make up their mind whether or not to stay in this hotel - book it. You will not be disappointed. We were a family of 15, 8 adults and 7 children. The staff was friendly, attentive, thoughtful and nothing was too much trouble - everything done with a smile. They could not do enough to make our stay perfect. The breakfast AND dinner buffets were first class. The pristine water park was an exciting mix of rides, slides, spouts along with a hot tub and plenty of lifequards. Tthe wave pool was the kids' favorite. The "overlook" gave us spectacular views of the surrounding mountains. This hotel exceeded our expectations and gave us a wonderful experience we won't forget.

Room Tip: If you have children, the rooms in the 300's (320-326) were not far from water park and dining...
2 Thank GrammyBeach
Jon S, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
GrammyBeach,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback to your most recent stay. How does The Red Jacket react to compliments from a family of 15? With a smile and sense of accomplishment!!! We try our best to offer great service to all and activities and amenities for all to enjoy. We can't wait to see your family again and thanks again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I recently stayed at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort in the Jefferson presidential house. The house itself as far as I have been told is realistically new, which explains the unfinished basement.

So here are some Pros about the Jefferson house.
• The house is big enough for twelve people to sleep in it comfortably
• It has a full kitchen and full size fridge so you save money on food if you cook
• it has a laundry room
• House keeping comes when you leave and makes it spotless
• It is private due to it being separated from the main Resort
• If you call the front desk for anything someone will be there in 4 minutes max

Here are some Cons
• The path from the house to the resort was was covered in ice so it's hard to get to the resort
• There are about 4 doors in the house that don't close fully
• The so called "High-speed Wi-Fi" doesn't allow more then 5 devices on at once before it kicks someone off
• The tv's (excluding the downstairs living room and master bedroom) are from early 2000's
• Telemarketers called atleast 20 times in the 4 days I stayed there
• the Jefferson house has a 2 car parking space and the house next to it has a 4 car parking space

Overall the House was a good stay but some of the small things needed fixing. I would defiantly stay again.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Aaronfig
Aaronfig,

Thank you very much for taking the time to highlight the pros and cons of your stay. I am glad to hear that you are going to come back and I personally apology for the problems you encountered during your stay. By you telling us we never have an opportunity to correct the issues that you experienced. When your back stop by and say hello as I would like to meet you and your family.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Conway
Omni Mount Washington Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,346 reviews

Been to Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park? Share your experiences!