Stayed here for a long weekend mid Feb in 2013 on a family ski trip. It wasn't quite what I'd expected when I booked, but we had a nice stay and the staff really was friendly and helpful.
The Pros: I chose Red Jacket primarily because of the waterpark, giving our 2 kids something to get excited about, as the skiiing thing is mostly for my wife & I. The waterpark was clean and well maintained, and suprisingly not very crowded, although the big snowstorm that weekend may have kept the crowds down. The larger waterslides were alot of fun for the whole family. When the room they gave us turned out to be right next to the very noisy lobby, I asked if they perhaps had another room and Stephanie upgraded us to a mountain view room with a loft. That unexpected (and unrequested) upgrade showed me that the management and staff really do walk the walk when it comes to trying to please their guests. The location of Red Jacket is excellent for both getting quickly to several ski resorts and also close to lots of dining and shopping options, it made a great 'base of operations'. The loft room we stayed in was very spacious and the mountain view was nice.
The cons: The waterpark is much smaller than I expected and aside from the large waterslides, has very little to offer older children, I would say it's really best for kids 9 and under. While very clean, the hotel is older and shows some wear. I understand it's tough for smaller chains like Red Jacket to remodel their properties as frequently as the big guys, but for what Red Jacket charges they're going to have to start renovating to justify it. The VHS (!) player in the room made me laugh out loud. The mattresses seem like they're towards the end of their useful life and weren't a good rest. Red Jacket bills this property as a resort, but that would imply that there are surrounding grounds, there really isn't. There is a steep hill leading up from the state highway in front of the hotel, that is the only open area. The outdoor pool and small outdoor play area are I guess what they would consider the resort grounds, but I wouldn't call it worthy of the term resort. Pretty much every inch of the property is covered with buildings and parking lot, like any other hotel.
Overview: If you've got younger kids, this is the place for you and it's worth the money. There is clearly a family focus with activities geared towards keeping them entertained, plus the waterpark. If you've got kids over 10, it's not. If you're a couple looking for a nice romantic getaway, there are much better options in the area, at a price that is comparable and sometimes lower. The staff was awesome, but I don't think I'd stay again unless the owners invested more into the property to make it a little nicer and justify the room rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort is located on 40 acres overlooking the Moat Mountain Range and Saco Valley, nestled in the heart of the Mount Washington Valley. Red Jacket Mountain View is home of Kahuna Laguna Indoor Water Park. It's 40,000 square feet of splash-tacular fun! Zoom through one of four high-speed tubes before splashing into the landing pool below. Body surf in the swirling wave pool. The whole family will enjoy the activity pool, water cannons and play tower, and your smallest kahunas will have a great time in the shallow pool, an area designed with them in mind. Water park admission is additional. Deluxe accommodations that feature 1 or two beds while our family accommodations include spacious family lofts, alcoves or two-bedroom townhouses. Our new four-bedroom homes have full kitchens and decks, offering privacy yet easily walkable to all our amenities! Our front desk is at your service for all the arrangements you will need for activities such as skiing, hiking,shopping the outlets of North Conway or visiting Story Land and Santa's Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Jacket Mountain View Hotel North Conway
- Best Western North Conway
- Red Jacket North Conway
- North Conway Best Western