“Wonderful weekend experience!”

Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Wells, Maine, United States
“Wonderful weekend experience!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My family and I just spent our third annual weekend at the Red Jacket that I use as a group Christmas gift for my grown son and daughter, daughterinlaw, and 3 grandchildren. They absolutely love it!! The Kahuna Laguna water park is over the top!! They have bonfires in the evening, wagon rides,other children's activities,a great arcade, and the best breakfast bufftet on the planet! the desk staff is so nice and helpful and alwasy have a smile.We will be going agin next year and know it will be equally fabulous.
The only reason I did not rate it as EXCELLENT is because the rooms are a bit tired. They are roomy and clean.
Otherwise, I can't say enough good things!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Adrienne A
SteveLambert, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Welcome from Wells Maine! We appreciated your review and the mentions of our activities. Your mention of just about every aspect of the resort was breakfast of Champions for the staff this morning. We have unveiled some brand new accommodations this winter and hope you'll be back to experience those as well, earning a five star rating from your family would be outstanding to us!

Come back soon, and if you make it up for School vacation week in February you will be able to add one more activity to the list which is our Make-your-own-jump rope and jump rope with some celebrities from South Africa! If you don't make it then, shoot me an email and let me know your plans, we will be able to retain a great rating everytime you visit for sure!

Thank you again and enjoy a Wells Winter until then...

Steve Lambert & Super Star Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
lincoln ri
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I am a repeat visitor to this property for many reasons. Not once have I ever had a bad experience. The front desk is always well staffed, especially during the peak check in check out times, I am never standing around waiting to check in/out or to have a ? answered. Although I did not leave the property this time, I know they are knowledgable about the area as well. Just let them know what it is you'd like to do and they know where to send you and who to see. This stay there had so much going on like sledding, sleigh rides, indoor water park, ceramics, bonfires at night, I had no reason to leave with so much going on for us. While the property caters to families and has many wonderful activities all day long, I found a little me time right there at their spa. Melissa is the mgr there, she is very accomodating and pleasant. We arrived somewhat early for our appointments. She called up to the restaurant and had drinks delivered to us. Although I tried having "me" time, I told my friends while some in our group went to enjoy the waterpark, I was going to the spa. The men said spa? Hey we wanna try it, so they came with me and were not disappointed. They enjoyed atheir first ever massage, while I treated myself to a very relaxing facial. We had 3 rooms booked, I got to see the handicap accessible room which is great and located centrally on the first floor with a tiled seat in shower and hand held shower option. My friend did say though that the tiles did get a little slippery when they were wet and had extra towels by his side to put down. He said he enjoyed his room very much especially the deck with seats outside to enjoy his morning coffee =) My room was the loft which consists of 1 bathroom, 2 dble beds on one floor, and 2 twin beds sink and tv upstairs. there is a curtain that can get pulled for privacy upstairs. Everyone had a wonderful experience, played, ate, drank and slept well! Thank you Red Jacket staff for yet another wonderful memory, My friends now are Red Jacket enthusiasts and have said this group trip is a must do again!

Room Tip: spend a little more and enjoy the mountain view with patio deck
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
SteveLambert, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Your review made our New Year's week...Thank you for the choice in staying with us yet again, your a great guest in our eyes and we hope to continue to be your escape resort of choice.

Your many trips and advanced status on Tripadvisor shows you're travel savvy - reviews are a source of both adjustments in our playbook and accolades to our staff! Thank you for the kind words and know that Malissa in our Spa was tickled pink with her being acknowledged for the star she is in our resort constellation!

Have a great winter and come back soon to keep that tradition strong...

Steve Lambert & Malissa with the Unsung Heroes supporting her
Montreal
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Exceeded my expectations by far!!! Travelled from January 2nd to January 5th.
Travelled with children ages 12, 9 and 7. We had fantastic fun at the Kahuna Laguna. Just amazing. Arcade was a bonus.
The room accomodations were super. Very big room with 2 double beds and a loft with 2 twin beds. Beds very, very comfortable. Beautiful views and lovely foyer/restaurants.
If there is anything negative to say the bathrooms somewhat outdated, small baths; chlorine smelling a little in the lobby because the Kahuna Laguna is on site, however nothing to damper our wonderful time, not at all.
Mt Cranmore a hop, skip, and jump away for fun skiing, tubing, etc. Beautiful. Shopping galore.
A wonderful lunch/breakfast restaurant in the area: Stairway Café (looks like not much from the outside but the food is unique and fresh and excellent).
Beautiful Area and we loved the Red Jacket Inn - we will most definitely return.
Stephanie at the front desk - AMAZING, we got the best service from her!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SteveLambert, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Happy New Year: Thank you for visiting your southern neighbors from Canada recently! It was nice to read of how much fun & shopping your family of five were able to have...we did give Miss Stephanie a big Thank You for being mentioned in your nice review. We have alot to be thankful for with a team such as herself at the resort...

Cranmore Mountain has continued to be a 'Must do' for our guests and as we help them celebrate 75 Years as our resort neighbor we will be sure to pass along your compliments!

Have a great winter and come back with the kids soon where we pledge to keep them engaged and enthralled with North Conway's Water Park & attractions...

Steve Lambert & Shining Resort Stars
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We just did a long weekend and had a great time at the red jacket. My 14 month old daughter had the time of her life! The staff was super friendly and they made my daughter feel like a princess giving her so much attention.

Convenient hotel to stay at with kids. Plenty to do and stuff to keep them occupied with.

The hotel staff really makes this place worth staying at!

• Stayed January 2013
Turner, Maine
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We recently stayed one night at your hotel. We were able to take advantage of the Facebook deal with the free water park passes. Between myself and my friends we had 3 rooms. I had 4 children with me, ages 10,11, 12, 13. I called the day prior to our stay to inquire about a free room upgrade that was listed on the Facebook deal. Since there would be 5 of us in a room, I asked about the loft rooms. I was informed that you had one available that we could upgrade to. I was very pleased to know the room was ready for check-in when we arrived around noon time on Jan 1. We stayed in room 349, and it was perfect for our group. It had a king bed, loft with 2 twin beds, and a seperate alcove room with a double bed. We had to call for new batteries for a remote, but this was fixed promptly. One issue we did have, was the alarm was set on the clock and it went off at 6 AM waking the kids up. ( They had stayed up late the night prior).

Despite the hotel being older, it was clean.

I would stay again and suggest to friends for the deal we got with the free water park passes. I would not stay at the full price. That is just not in my budget.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 434Farmkids
Dear Friends from Maine: You were fun to have stay and we are grateful for your finding a Facebook campaign that allowed for your holiday vacation to be with us! Thank you for the mention of our resort being clean and the quick response you received...we aim to please and having great staff serving great guests is what we do best!

Come back soon and keep an eye out for other deals - we are always trying to match values up with special packages so I am sure you'll have more fun with us before the kids know it!

Steve Lambert & Resort Super Stars
Barrington, New Hampshire
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have to say that this resort beyond exceeded my expectations! Weekend before last, my husband and I decided to surprise our kids ages 7 and 10 with a trip to the resort to spend the night and spend Christmas eve at the water park. That morning, my daughter came down with a stomach bug. I figured we were out the $200 we spent on the room and didn’t give it much of a second thought. However, my kids were MORE than disappointed, so I decided to call and reschedule figuring I would have to rebook and spend another $200. Not only was the woman I spoke to on the phone extremely pleasant, but she genuinely felt bad that my daughter was sick and not able to make the trip. She rescheduled me for the following Friday and to my surprise, I wasn’t out my original $200 but was able to just reschedule. I didn’t even ask her to do this, she just did it.

When I arrived late on Friday (this past weekend, the 28th) I was met by an even more pleasant woman at the front desk. She immediately asked how my daughter was feeling and expressed how glad she was to hear that she was better and that we were still able to make it. She had a gentleman even bring my kids free t-shirts from the waterpark since they weren’t able to come the weekend before. They were SUPER excited and slept in their shirts that night.

The next day was all we hoped for. We enjoyed a fabulous breakfast at Champney’s, hit the arcade until the park opened, enjoyed many many hours in the water park, and then had sleeping children for the drive home. The staff even helped us by directing us to a local retailer who would have bathing suits this time of year as an additional child we brought didn’t have one that fit at the last minute. It was refreshing to experience a place that exceeded our expectations in many ways.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SteveLambert, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Happy New Year and Thank you for choosing us as well as writing your note! We appreciated that illness delayed the kids getting to our mountains and as you noted: ask how high to jump when a guest needs something! 7 and 10 year olds fall in love with Kahuna Laguna and parents relish that the kids can explore to their hearts content in 82 degree jungle air even in the winter!

Arcade fun and great food were mentioned as well, thank you from our unsung heroes: we promise not to change the great things your kids will always remember. We pay close attention to missteps and ensure we keep getting better overtime as your kids grow up too!

Again, thank you for writing and see you this Spring!

Steve Lambert and Outstanding team
Burlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed at the Red Jacket for two nights. We had a fun the indoor pool and nice restaurant and good service from hotel. When I born second baby, I want to visit here again. The proximity to the outlet malls is also a plus.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Happy Holidays and congratulations on your second baby coming! We hope you get a nice respite to visit and relax once you've bundled your little one up to come up and play too.
Thank you for the mention of our friendly staff - it means alot to us actually, welcoming and helping guests are what we do best!

Enjoy your newborn and growing family and stay in touch: we will always welcome you with outstanding hospitality!

Steve Lambert & activities team stars