We viseted the RJMVR for a day excursion. There were 8 adults & 10 children. We had an incredible lunch at the hotel before spending the afternoon in the waterpark. Initially I was very impressed by the restaurant, from its gorgeous views that overlook the surrounding mountains to the stately & formal decor that wasn't casual but still managed to feel inviting, family-friendly & intimate. There were boardgames on various tables, couches & comfortable seating.
The food was magnificant! Several of us ordered the French Onion soup as well as Clam Chowder; both got rave reviews. I ordered the Lobster Grilled Cheese sandwich with a bit of reluctance, only because I thought it may contain mere minced meat and a slice of cheese, not amounting to anything unordinary. Boy was I wrong! It was stuffed with huge claws with a wonderful array of cheeses grilled among what turned out to be only the best multi-grain bread I've ever had! The other lunches on our table included Chicken Parm sliders & Pastrami Ruebens, also cooked to perfection.
The kids all enjoyed the Water Park & gave it rave reviews (the water slides were the big hit!) The indoor park also offers a nice menu of snacks & meals that are not only kid-friendly but appealing to adults as well. We all agreed how impressive the amount of lifeguards were, and how attentive they really were. (Our kids ranged in ages from 6 - 15).
I can't wait to go back & stay at the resort. It's location is within proximity to about anything one could want to do, at any age. My husband & I discussed celebrating our next anniversary there next month. I've already gotten the info on the spa & specials they offer (spa happy hour!). I can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort is located on 40 acres overlooking the Moat Mountain Range and Saco Valley, nestled in the heart of the Mount Washington Valley. Red Jacket Mountain View is home of Kahuna Laguna Indoor Water Park. It's 40,000 square feet of splash-tacular fun! Zoom through one of four high-speed tubes before splashing into the landing pool below. Body surf in the swirling wave pool. The whole family will enjoy the activity pool, water cannons and play tower, and your smallest kahunas will have a great time in the shallow pool, an area designed with them in mind. Water park admission is additional. Deluxe accommodations (some pet-friendly) feature 1 or two beds while our family accommodations include spacious family lofts, alcoves or two-bedroom townhouses. Our new four-bedroom homes have full kitchens and decks, offering privacy yet easily walkable to all our amenities! Our front desk is at your service for all the arrangements you will need for activities such as skiing, hiking,shopping the outlets of North Conway or visiting Story Land and Santa's Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Jacket Mountain View Hotel North Conway
- Best Western North Conway
- Red Jacket North Conway
- North Conway Best Western