“Kids & Adults had a blast! Can't wait to get back up there!”

Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Newton, MA
“Kids & Adults had a blast! Can't wait to get back up there!”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We viseted the RJMVR for a day excursion. There were 8 adults & 10 children. We had an incredible lunch at the hotel before spending the afternoon in the waterpark. Initially I was very impressed by the restaurant, from its gorgeous views that overlook the surrounding mountains to the stately & formal decor that wasn't casual but still managed to feel inviting, family-friendly & intimate. There were boardgames on various tables, couches & comfortable seating.
The food was magnificant! Several of us ordered the French Onion soup as well as Clam Chowder; both got rave reviews. I ordered the Lobster Grilled Cheese sandwich with a bit of reluctance, only because I thought it may contain mere minced meat and a slice of cheese, not amounting to anything unordinary. Boy was I wrong! It was stuffed with huge claws with a wonderful array of cheeses grilled among what turned out to be only the best multi-grain bread I've ever had! The other lunches on our table included Chicken Parm sliders & Pastrami Ruebens, also cooked to perfection.
The kids all enjoyed the Water Park & gave it rave reviews (the water slides were the big hit!) The indoor park also offers a nice menu of snacks & meals that are not only kid-friendly but appealing to adults as well. We all agreed how impressive the amount of lifeguards were, and how attentive they really were. (Our kids ranged in ages from 6 - 15).
I can't wait to go back & stay at the resort. It's location is within proximity to about anything one could want to do, at any age. My husband & I discussed celebrating our next anniversary there next month. I've already gotten the info on the spa & specials they offer (spa happy hour!). I can't wait!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
SteveLambert, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Spoiler alert: We read your awesome review on our food and got hungry ourselves! The lobster roll and summer menu is a hit this summer and your write up makes our kitchen proud! Thank you for enjoying the pool, food and resort amenities.

The Spa awaits your visit soon too - thank you again for bringing in your families and book direct with me on your next entourage into the White Mountains - ---------------

Steve Lambert & Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
Litchfield, Connecticut
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I was a little skeptical about the rooms prior to arriving, having read reviews about uncomfortable beds and outdated decor. When we arrived I was really impressed by the people at the front desk and our room was great! Nice, big, new king sized bed, great view, nice sized fridge, etc. We loved the water park and the buffet breakfast was unbelievable. We even roasted marshmallows at night. Can't wait to come back next year!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Great review and thank you for touching upon the Marshmallow Bonfire nightly! While not every guest stops by, it is one of our enhancements this summer that guests are raving about like yourselves! Did you notice our waterpark was rated in top 10 in USA? Your family is an example of happy guests who we enjoy hosting each and everyday!

Thank you again; see you back soon.

Steve Lambert & Cast of Stars
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Arrived on a Friday , for 2 nights. This is our third year staying here. we are never disappointed. Many families come here for the amazing indoor waterpark recently built.
We come for the peace and quiet and the beautiful view. We ask for a mountain view with a balcony. The check -in is fast and the staff could not be more pleasant and helpful. Every staff has a smile, a "good day" and do all to make your stay a real "Vacation ".The rooms have 2 double beds, coffee maker,fridge, separate small bath/toilet area and sink area. Room was spotless. We did order room service for breakfast and ate on our balcony with the view of Mount Washington.Room service was 5 stars. Saturday morning I went to the front desk for information on Farmer Markets in the area . I was in line with other guests and waited less than 1 min.I was helped at another desk window by a very helpful, smiling and kind employee who I only later found out was the manager, himself. It's easy to see why all the staff care about giving the guests the best vacation experience when the manager is up front and is such a role model. I did want some tea in my room. There was only Green Mountain coffee supplies. I went to the front desk to ask. The young lady was so help and friendly. She walked over the the hotel restaurant with me and asked for tea bags. I was given my choice from the tea box. NO charge. That was appreciated. There was the occasional noise of kids running in the halls or rooms but I can overlook that. Everyone was having a great vacation. If you need to stay over in North Conway, this hotel is more than a hotel. It is a Resort- as stated in the name. I did notice activity boards all around with hourly events for the kids and their families. There is a great outdoor pool, also. After check-in I drove my car around back up to the parking lot at the top of the resort and easily found my room. Another good feature is that you need your room key to get in the outside doors.
There are other room choices that open on a patio /pool view.
restaurant nearby in Glen - Good Tail Lobster Pound- we go yearly and enjoy steamed lobster , steamed clams on a bench outside
attraction nearby- Drive up Mount Washington- OMG what a drive up, stressful but worth it when you reach the top.
Of course the shopping- all tax-free.

Room Tip: ask when you reserve for a mountain view, garden view and balcony-whatever you prefer
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sandy99
Your well rounded review made our day! Thank you for the compliments to our housekeeping, activities and food/beverage and front desk teams ! They are proud to have read your feedback and we note your appreciation for the smiles and helpfulness. Some good advice in your review mentioning all parts of the resort and a promise to come back!

I look forward to having your family visit maybe for Polar Express? Either way, come back soon and thanks for the personal mention!

Steve Lambert and Team
Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We just had the most amazizng vacation at the Red Jacket resort. Our kids range from 8 months to 13 years old and they all loved it. Restaurants playground pools etc. all clean and great service. Kahuna Laguna was the Best waterpark around. The GM was so personal and fun, he made us feel like family. Thanks for the best vacation every.

CT
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stayed here as part of a visit to Storyland. Adequate accommodations considering the cost paid for the living social voucher, which included admission to the adjoining water park. The beds were full/double beds and were not comfortable. Our room had a mountain view and a small patio. The front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. For kids, there are swings and a playset. Overall, our stay was decent, but the hotel is not a resort in the true sense and appears to be in need of renovation.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank BeekCt
Peabody, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My family and I stayed only one night at the hotel and we will be back the next time we plan a trip to North Conway. We were greeted by the front desk who was cheerful and friendly. Our room was nicely decorated and looked to be recently updated with decor and the hotel was clean.
The daily activities for families is such a nice bonus. We enjoyed marshmallows by the fire in the evening while the kids also played at the playground. They did have other activities planned such as movie night and olympics however we could not get the kids away from the waterpark. The kids played for hours and had a great time. I did think the waterpark was a bit on the cold side but not no enough to complain.
My son and I were walking in the lobby and he made a comment to me that he was cold. Immediately the front desk clerk offered a complimentary hotel sweatshirt. He felt special. What a nice touch!
We only ate breakfast in the hotel which was great. There was a buffet which had something to please everyone. It is always a nice treat to have an made to order omlette and the kids had waffles with all the fixings. The waitstaff was friendly and fast. Kids never want to sit long and they did not have it. The mascot Monkey even came to visit the tables.
I work at a hotel and always find it amazing when guests write about items that are specific to the individual such as the pillow type or they did not like the color of the room that is why there is no place like home. My bed is more comfortable and I like the color of my walls but when I am away what matters most is the employees are friendly, facilities are clean, and a place I would go back again and again. This hotel is just that and great for families looking to get away.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
SteveLambert, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this review, July 31, 2011
Thank you for writing a great review! We remember the visit your family had and the sweatshirt discussion, it turned out great that the kids loved them! Thank you for mentioning all aspects of our resort that helped your stay be the best you can get: I was proud to read that your hotel background is one that comes from an expert's rating too! Thank you and keep email for future reservation needs - until then, have a great summer!

Steve Lambert and Team
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 28, 2011

1) Staff---could not have been more helpful & kind, from the front desk to the restaurants to the indoor water park.
2)Room---clean, beds are comfortable, family loft slept six VERY spacious for kids & parents.
3) Food at the hotel is GREAT! You actually don't have to leave it's so good. You can toast marshmellows by the pool.....they handed out popcicles to the kids.....although we did walk down to the icecream place (across from the entrance --pricey, cash only, but great)
I can been quite fussy---love white sheets and comforters etc-----but I stay here year after year because they meet or exceed my high standards.

Room Tip: family lofts are a great value for families w/ 4+ children