“Wonderful restaurant with beautiful views and comfortable setting”
Review of Ledges Restaurant

Ledges Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 93 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Spectacular mountain views are offered in Ledges Restaurant and serves breakfast daily from 7 am to 10 am Monday through Saturday and 7 am to 9 am on Sunday. Serving dinner daily from 5:30 to 9 pm. Specialties include nightly specials, Friday Night Seafood Fest, and Grand Sunday Brunch are served every week. Lunch is served in the Tullamore Tavern daily from 11:30 am May through October. Panoramic mountain views, impeccable service, and award-winning cuisine are the highlights of Ledges dining room. Offering a family friendly menu that features homemade soups and salads, tasty appetizers and sandwiches, Lite Bites and Signature Entrees. Homemade desserts are not to be missed. Perfect for a romantic dinner for two or a family celebration. Piano entertainment on the weekends.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just had a delicious meal there--the whiskey maple pork tenderloin is to die for. Surf and turf is also excellent. A great place to have a fancier and quiet meal but can still dress rather casual. We had Andrea for a waitress and she was great with a refreshing personality (noticed the negative comment about her earlier which surprised me). Will definitely go back here on our next trip.

Carol S, Owner at Ledges Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thanks for your great comments. So happy to read that
You had a great experience.

There are newer reviews for Ledges Restaurant

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I made a reservation and was told that they needed to make it 7:00 instead of 6:30. We arrived at 6:45 and had a nice window table with an amazing view. There were about 6 vacant tables. Our waitress Andrea walked by us for about 15 - 20 minutes and then we finally called her over and she was very rude and complained about the amount of tables she had. She came back and asked if I wanted a drink but I ordered dinner instead. She was rather upset that I wasn't having a drink. The salad was good and so was the onion soup but the rolls were hard and crusty. The food finally came 1 hour later. My swordfish was overcooked and dry. My son's steak was good. I had asked her for the dinner about 45 minutes after ordering and she said it would be right out. I said, fine but would you bring the check with dinner. She tried to give the check to the table next to me.

The view is great but not worth the poor food and service.

Carol S, Owner at Ledges Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

I am so sorry to read that you did not enjoy your recent dining experience in Ledges. I can assure you that the service that you received is not an example of our usual high level of customer service and expertise. Please rest assured that your review has been brought to the Manager's attention, and I am certain that this was an isolated situation that would not be repeated. I do hope that you will give us another change to prove to you our high level of commitment to service, quality and culinary expertise. Regards, Carol Sullivan

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this beautiful hotel on a rainy day and decided to have a late dinner. We were seated right away with a window seat but the rain hid the supposedly beautiful view. The professional wait staff ( Non college students) were courteous and helpful. We are no longer big eaters and we split an entree and appetizer. There was no fuss or charge to do this and we were presented with a delicious cup of fish chowder and a excellent portion of pork loin with maple syrup. No one rushed us and we had a very pleasant evening. Cost was equal to any fine dining experience in the area. I recommend going, make reservations and ask for a window seat. However any seat supposedly has a view of the White Mountains.

I appreciate your review and was pleased to read that you enjoyed your dining experience along with the service that you received. I must say that you picked two winners with our chowder and the whiskey maple pork entree. This is the entree the our Executive Chef won with during his competition for "Chef of the Year". We look forward to serving you again. Carol Sullivan

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We understood Ledges to be a fine dining establishment, so we set our expectations and dress accordingly. When we arrived, the entrance to the restaurant was blocked-off with a sign that we were to enter through the cramped adjacent tavern. We went through the tavern and stood for nearly 10 minutes before someone came and seated us. As the evening progressed ... it seemed to us that this restaurant does not know what it wants to be. Some patrons were well-dressed while others were in shorts, tank tops and flip-flops. As it turned-out, this mix of patrons exactly matched the fine/casual mix that the restaurant seems to be going for.

With the menu, the restaurant combined fine dining with the casual tavern. Menu choices ranged from filet mignon on the finer side and the "fishwich" on the not-so-fine side. Honestly ... this was not a pleasing mixture. We ordered the "house favorite" (or some similar designation) which was a toasted english muffin covered in seemingly canned crab and cheese. It wasn't bad but definitely wasn't upscale (and my husband joked that it seemed like something out of his "A Man, A Can and a Plan" cookbook). My maple pork tenderloin was very dry but was almost rescued by the tasty maple sauce. My husband's filet was much more medium-well than medium-rare. Service was friendly but very slow.

Maybe our expectations were too high, but even if they'd been lower we probably wouldn't return. The food was not great and not worth the price. The view at this restaurant is truly wonderful, and we wish the dining experienced had matched it.

1  Thank g00dtrips

I appreciate you taking the time to write and express your disappointment in our menu and your dining experience. I am sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations. Several years ago we did move to a "one menu concept" rather than a separate Pub Menu and Dining Room Menu as we had in years past. As you mentioned you can still experience a 3 or 4 course dinner with our homemade soups and salads, Signature Entrees and homemade desserts. Although we did change our menu concept, we did not change our formal focus on Ledges and still offer china service, full linen service, candlelight on the tables and piano entertainment on the weekends. Iit is still very much our focus to offer a fine dining experience in Ledges. I do hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your dining expectation on a future date. Carol Sullivan

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I really wanted to love this place. We went for dinner on my birthday the last night of our vacation in NH. The place was challenging to find but was beautiful when we arrived! The place was empty when we arrived at 6 so we asked for a table by the window so we could enjoy the mountain views. The hostess grumbled and put us at a table on the far side of the restaurant saying all of the others were reserved. :( We ordered a variety of food to sample. My husband got a spinach salad that he enjoyed then lobster Mac n cheese that was so dry he couldn't eat it. I got shrimp cocktail that was hood and stuffed haddock with rice that was decent. My daughter got cheeseburger sliders & fries that she liked. My son ordered Mac & cheese and a hot dog and they brought out Kraft macaroni & cheese!!! I don't feed my kids that at home so I really wasn't expecting that at a fine dining restaurant! The waitress was nowhere to be found most of the time so it's good that we weren't in a hurry. We had to ask her twice for my son's side dish. When she finally returned I also had to let her know that my glass of wine had lipstick all over the rim of the glass which was not mine. :( For dessert we had pistachio gelato that was fab, a hot fudge brownie sundae that was yum and a strawberry shortcake that was eh. The waitress got me a new wine and removed my husband's dinner from the bill because it was so dry & barely eaten. Two other pluses to note: the mgr visited each table, and there was a nice piano being played in the background. Overall it was a nice experience, but it could have been great if they got their act together with the food quality & service. The ambiance saved them!

Carol S, Owner at Ledges Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

I appreciate your honest feedback and was happy to read that you enjoyed the ambiance and the food overall. I am sorry to read about the Lobster Mac and Cheese, as it is usually receives rave reviews. I will forward your comments about that to our Executive Chef. I am also disappointed to read that you did not enjoy the service, as it is usually the highlight of our diner's experience. I am certain the our Food and Beverage Director, Dennis Duprey has already addressed the situation, as he spoke with you that evening. Please give us another try to exceed your expectations, and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Carol Sullivan