“Great Hotel.... perfect for parents and kids!”

Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed December 2, 2009

We loved staying at Hampton Inn and Suites in North Conway. We went with another young family and had a fantastic time. The kids (and parents) had a blast on the waterslides and splashing around in the pool! The holiday season was just beginning and we loved being able to watch Polar Express by the fireplace in the living room as well as in the comfort of our own room! The breakfast in the morning was plentiful and offered a great variety for parents and kids alike! Great location close to so many great shops, restaurants and outdoor activities, really something around for everyone! The staff was great at check in as well as any other time we passed by throughout our stay! I recommend staying here and we will come back soon!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
tespaulding1, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2009

I am Tom Spaulding, General Manager at the Hampton Inn and Suites, North Conway, New Hampshire. Thank you for the positive feedback from your recent stay with us, I am delighted that you have a good time. The water park is enjoyed by all the many families that choose our hotel. This is also something about a warm fire and holiday decorations that just seem to add the finishing touch!

Thanks again for choosing our hotel as your preferred lodging location, when traveling to the Mount Washington Valley. We look forward to your return, perhaps next year you will join us on the Polare Express.

In the spirit of hospitality,

Tom and staff at the Hampton Inn & Suites, North Conway.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,555)

Reviewed November 24, 2009

My daughter and I stayed overnight, during a shopping weekend. We met friends in North Conway for the day. We visit every year, but this was our first stay at this hotel.
The hotel is very nice and the staff is great. The lobby has coffee, tea and juice 24 hours a day, we had coffee and tea in front of the fire before heading out for the night. The room was clean and spacious and the beds were very comfortable, we also liked the pillows. You get 4, both foam and feather, soft and firm. The bathroom was very clean, but I found it odd that the coffee maker and coffee was in the bathroom, feet from the toilet. The hotel was very noisy. I expected noise in the hallway, as I knew there was a waterpark. Waterpark=children, and there were plenty. The noise I didn't expect, however, was in the room, like hearing toilets flushing, drawers opening and closing in the room next door, the people upstairs walking, talking, we even heard the gentleman in the room next to us yawn when he woke up. This probably won't be a problem for people with children, as it was quiet around 9pm. But, you'd better be an early riser. Also, the "fitness center" is 1 treadmill, 1 stairclimber and 1 exercise bike. I had read that the breakfast is skimpy, but I was surprised by the variety and amount of food since it is a continental breakfast. My one pet peeve, if you will, and it doesn't sound like much, but there are no privacy curtains on the window. You either feel like your on display when the drapes are open (we were in the back of the hotel, the view was of the hotel next door) or you feel like you are in a cave, because it is so dark. I travel alot, and just found this odd. Overall, it was a nice, comfortable hotel, but too noisy for us. If you have questions about this or other hotels in the area, feel free to e-mail me.

3  Thank TraciNewHampshire
Reviewed November 16, 2009

The sole purpose for our trip was to get a change of scenery for my wife, 7-year-old son and I, and I think we accomplished this. The hotel was quite nice and the room comfortable. We opted to bring our two golden retrievers, so we stayed in the pet friendly King Suite. My son thoroughly enjoyed the water park, and I must admit, I had fun too. Overall it was nice, but I have a couple of minor criticisms related to the dogs.

When we checked in, we had to read and sign the pet agreement, which was fine, but as I read it there were a couple of things that surprised me. First, it said that we were required to pay a $50 cleaning fee upon check-in. When I questioned it, the front desk agent said, that shouldn't be in the agreement, so she crossed it off. As I read a little further, the agreement said the dogs could not be left alone AT ANY TIME. When I asked if it was okay to go down to the water park, the agent said, that was wrong too and she crossed that part off as well. At the same time, I asked where the dog walking area was and she said it was behind the building. When we walked the dogs behind the building, it was a narrow paved path with barely enough grassy area for the dogs to even get a scent. It was also very dark back there, so if you want to bring your dog out after dark (which this time of the year is around 6pm), you'd better bring a flashlight or your night vision goggles. There was one little light behind the building, but it didn't do a lot of good.

Inside, the room was comfortable and a good size for us. The set up was a little odd with the king size bed on one end of the room, the sleeper sofa on the opposite side and a the TV in between. It meant that if someone was on one of the beds watching TV, the people on the other bed couldn't see it. Also, we wanted to order take out food, but there was no phone book in the room, nor was there any kind of hotel directory, so either some other guest took it home with them, or they just don't supply it.

The water park was fun, but it was unfortunate that there was no swimming area. There was a great wading pool for little kids that was about a foot deep and had a couple of slides. Parents could sit on the edge as their children played in the water. The other pool was strictly for people coming down the two large water slides, and the staff was vigilant about making sure nobody lingered in that pool any longer than it took to land in the water and swim or walk out.

All in all it was a nice stay. The bed was comfortable, the building was clean and quiet and the breakfast was good, but if you're looking for an indoor pool to do some swimming, you won't find it here.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2009

I recently traveled with my girl friends to North Conway had a great stay. In the past, my family has used this hotel and the pool area with water slides is always a hit with the kids. Not surprising, it was also a pleasure to stay here on an adult only trip. The rooms are neat and clean and the service is solid . Its location is great, near all the outlets and just a quick ride downtown to the cute shops. Its my place to stay when in the area!

Reviewed November 11, 2009

Spent the weekend at this hotel with many friends. The service was great - and they made sure our group was comfortable. Discount coupons were offered at check in for a big shopping weekend going on in the area.

Reviewed November 11, 2009

A group of friends and I spent two nights at the Hampton and had a great experience. The people at the front desk were so friendly, really making us feel at home. We had an issue with our heat and it was taken care of right away, by a very friendly employee. In my opinion, the friendliness of the staff is one of the most important features of a hotel.

Reviewed October 31, 2009

Generic hotel with indifferent, generic room that was too expensive for what we got. Certainly adequate, but I wish we had looked a bit further, and got either better prices or more character. For the money, we could have done much better.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business