We just got back from NH after spending a long weekend at Story Land and Santa's Village. We stayed there Thursday and Friday night. We checked in Thursday around 6 and once we got settled we hit the water slide area. There isn't a pool to swim in, but has 2 water slides for adults and a 1.5 foot deep pool with small slides for toddlers. My daughter had a blast. Unfortunately...about 20 minutes after we got there there was "an accident in the pool" and they had to shut it down for the rest of the night. There were tears of course, but the staff was great and got out the arts and crafts in the "great room" and put in a movie for the kids. They also brought out pop corn for everyone. It was definately a situation beyond their control but they tried to compensate as best as they could. Later on that night, there was a fire alarm..of course now I think I'm cursed..but again, out of their control. The hotel was evacuated (a hotel full of kids) and after about 30 minutes we were allowed back in.
The next day we went down to the continental breakfast which was more that what I was expecting for sure. They had bagels, danish, toast, english muffins, cereal, oatmeal and also served were 2 hot items. One being scrambled eggs and they other sausage patty. My husband made an egg/sausage on a biscuit and we had plenty of juice and coffee.
We left and came back later on in the day to use the pool and slides priot to dinner. This time, no problem and we all had a blast using the slides. We attempted to go out to dinner, but the 2 laces we went to had hour and a half waits and with a two year old that wasn't happening. So, we ended up getting Chinese take-out and brought it back to the hotel and ate in the "great room". another movie was on, maybe they do one every night? Not sure, but we ate, and my daughter watched the movie and ate a bit. They also have some games, so we played a few rounds of Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders. We hit the sack early that night and slept great.
Next morning we checked out, but not before another great breakfast. The hot items that day were sausage patty's and french toast sticks.
I think this hotel knows who their target market is, (kids) and tries to cater to families with younger kids. The staff was wonderful. Everyone was very friendly and seemed to want everyone to have a nice stay. The only negatives I have are 2 things beyond their control, someone having an accident in the pool, and a fire alarm, so you really can't fault them for that. If we go back to Story Land next year, we're already talking about staying at this hotel again. Maybe even a ski trip this winter. GReat find.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the newest hotels in North Conway, and in the Mount Washington Valley. Located next to over 100 tax free outlet stores and local restaurants. Enjoy our 5000 square foot indoor water park. The park features two, three story slides, a toddlers section with two smaller slides, Fernando the Frog and the watering mushroom. Expanded wireless is complimentary throughout the building for all of our guests. Start your day we our FREE hot breakfast buffet, and get your family ready for a busy day. Enjoy many of the areas attractions and activities, during all seasons. Pets are welcomed, and there are never any additional fees when staying with Hampton Inns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway Hotel North Conway
- Hampton Inn And Suites North Conway
- Hampton Inn North Conway
- North Conway Hampton Inn