“Great hotel who knows their audience.”

Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We just got back from NH after spending a long weekend at Story Land and Santa's Village. We stayed there Thursday and Friday night. We checked in Thursday around 6 and once we got settled we hit the water slide area. There isn't a pool to swim in, but has 2 water slides for adults and a 1.5 foot deep pool with small slides for toddlers. My daughter had a blast. Unfortunately...about 20 minutes after we got there there was "an accident in the pool" and they had to shut it down for the rest of the night. There were tears of course, but the staff was great and got out the arts and crafts in the "great room" and put in a movie for the kids. They also brought out pop corn for everyone. It was definately a situation beyond their control but they tried to compensate as best as they could. Later on that night, there was a fire alarm..of course now I think I'm cursed..but again, out of their control. The hotel was evacuated (a hotel full of kids) and after about 30 minutes we were allowed back in.
The next day we went down to the continental breakfast which was more that what I was expecting for sure. They had bagels, danish, toast, english muffins, cereal, oatmeal and also served were 2 hot items. One being scrambled eggs and they other sausage patty. My husband made an egg/sausage on a biscuit and we had plenty of juice and coffee.
We left and came back later on in the day to use the pool and slides priot to dinner. This time, no problem and we all had a blast using the slides. We attempted to go out to dinner, but the 2 laces we went to had hour and a half waits and with a two year old that wasn't happening. So, we ended up getting Chinese take-out and brought it back to the hotel and ate in the "great room". another movie was on, maybe they do one every night? Not sure, but we ate, and my daughter watched the movie and ate a bit. They also have some games, so we played a few rounds of Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders. We hit the sack early that night and slept great.
Next morning we checked out, but not before another great breakfast. The hot items that day were sausage patty's and french toast sticks.
I think this hotel knows who their target market is, (kids) and tries to cater to families with younger kids. The staff was wonderful. Everyone was very friendly and seemed to want everyone to have a nice stay. The only negatives I have are 2 things beyond their control, someone having an accident in the pool, and a fire alarm, so you really can't fault them for that. If we go back to Story Land next year, we're already talking about staying at this hotel again. Maybe even a ski trip this winter. GReat find.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway

Reviewed August 16, 2009

our stay was nice here, everything was just what we expected of having stayed in hilton owned property's. The indoor water park is really nice but more geared twords small children.
we had a room near the water park entrance and that was very noisy when the park was open, our room was very clean the breakfast was great! we had a good time however we thought it was a bit on the pricey side.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2009

For years North Conway's only choices were just mom and pop run operations. Some were great, some not, so it was hit or miss. Now there are a few chain operations, and with that comes a certain amount of predictability of what you will get. This is pretty true of this Hampton Inn. Overall, it was a decent option. Pretty clean, good sized rooms, typical breakfast.

The one comment I have is about the "waterpark". It's not a waterpark, it's two big waterslides (and two little ones in a foot deep kiddie pool). They show pictures of them, but what's hard to tell is that the pool they empty into is about half the size of a typical residential backyard pool, and three and a half feet deep. So this pool is purely just a landing spot for the slides. The kids appear to love the slides, but the trade off is there is no pool for swimming. It's a nice option for kids to play on (I guess adults could use it, too, though I didn't see any do so), but certainly not the type of waterpark you would every buy a ticket to use. In fact, referring to this as a waterpark is about equivalent to me turning my lawn sprinklers and stereo on, and referring to it as something like the fountains at the Bellagio.

So overall, if you like a Hampton Inn, you'll find this one fits the bill.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2009

Have stayed her 5 times now. Hotel is great for families. Staff always excellent. Rooms are large, Hampton quilts and pillows, and very clean. Water Slide area is fantastic. At night they have a free movie on TV or in the Great Room. Breakfast, served until 10am, is typical Hampton, but clean and replenished quickly. Excellent shopping nearby. My wife went shopping in the evening alone (well deserved break) and I went with the kids to the water slides every night for a couple of hours. Kids had a ball. It's a family hotel. If you don't have kids, you might want to think twice, but we are extremely satisfied always with this hotel.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Brought my three nephews to this hotel (I like the five star hotels myself). My boyfriend and I drove past the hotel on a separate vacation when it was built and decided it was worth looking into. When I did, I realized it was perfect to try out with my nephews (at the time 3, 5, and 10). With the water park, it is definitely for families, but for families with "class". Staff was excellent, accommodations were practically five star (compared to what is offered it the area). Breakfast was included and beyond the usual expectations. Note to most... if you're willing to stick around to let your kids swim and use the slides, they get a great experience. Most families leave early in the AM for the area parks. Hang out a little longer, enjoy the breakfast and bring kids to park/pool, it will be well worth your stay! Beds were comfortable, rooms were huge, very much enjoyed my stay, will bring the kids back to enjoy this hotel! Huge plus, it is local to everything, in the middle of North Conway, Intervale, and very close to local attractions like Storyland, Clarks, Whales Tale, the Kanc, and Santa's Village (etc). Do not think twice about booking this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2009

We were in New England for a week. So it was nice to have this hotel as something for the kids to look forward to. The waterslides are not as big as some larger indoor waterparks. There were 2 large slides and then a small kids area with 2 smaller slides. My 6 and 10 year old girls loved it. They spent 2 hours there while my husband and I watched and relaxed.
We also loved the compimentary breakfast. The hostess came to everytable and discussed the area with us. We planned to drive the Mt. Washington Auto Road. She told us that that was the best trip in the area. We like to have advice from area people.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2009

Thanks to all the reviewers of this hotel. We spent a long weekend here, and had so much fun because of the waterslides, which are well maintained and strictly supervised. We spent time at Storyland and Santa's Village, which is always fun, but then we could come back and spend hours on the waterslides. What was nice about the setup was that there is a very large pool with small slides for toddlers and small children and then another pool with two adult sized waterslides for kids and adults. Families with kids of varying ages could all have fun. The rules and supervision are pretty strict, and as a result, everyone was well behaved and safe at all times. The hotel itself is a typical Hampton Inn with comfortable rooms, convenient location, good breakfast, and helpful staff.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family