“Clean, basic room”

The Yankee Clipper Inn
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed at the Clipper on May 16th. It was clean and was reasonably priced which is what we were looking for. They gave us a voucher for $3.79 towards breakfast or one person could get eggs,toast and coffee free. Nice restaurant called the Blueberry Muffin which is on site. If you are looking for more than that I wouldn't recommend staying. Nice staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 9, 2014

My stay here was excellent. The room was very clean and the housekeeping staff did a thorough job. Kelly McReel provided superior customer service and made my stay that much easier. This will the place I stay at, the next time I am in the area. Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ariel L
Reviewed March 15, 2014

so- at 3am after a long drive and our previous hotel reservations getting messed-up my husband and I ended up at the Yankee Clipper Inn.

We paid 75 dollars for the night (at least what was left of it) and jumped right in bed. One of the WORST sleeps I have ever had. The room was FREEZING! I don't even think the heat worked- my nose was so cold lol I woke up feeling like I was sleeping out side.

The next morning we couldnt wait to leave- we did get breakfast at the Blueberry Muffin which is one of the only thing this motel has going for them (but you can just stop there....)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Crystal D
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We were ten soggy motorcyclists arriving for check-in, after spending a few hours riding in the rain. As we entered the lobby there were only two other guests (who were together) being served. I don't really know (or care) what their issues were, but the clerk was clearly flustered and was not successfully resolving the issues. Not only that but she wasn't very pleasant either. It was at least a half hour before our party was finally checked-in. If we weren't tired and wet, and hadn't already made these reservations, we surely would have moved on to one of the other many hotels in this area. The hotel itself was nice enough, but they needed some extra help or extra training.

Room Tip: Arrive when the aforementioned clerk isn't on, HA!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank John K
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I love this place! The people are so friendly and the service is excellent. I've been staying at the Yankee Clipper for the last 8 years at all times of the year and never had a bad experience. It's centrally located and convenient to all the attractions in this area. I stay more frequently in the winter since I ski and ice climb.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank John D
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights with my teenager and his friend for a quick ski trip. Room was in the back on 2nd floor. It was a decent, clean enough room. Shower worked great, beds (2 queen) were comfortable. Pool and hot tub were both clean and enjoyable. Close to Settlers Green. Staff was great. Only complaint is the breakfast. You get a $3.46 voucher, which about covered coffee. Would recommend a $5 off voucher for each person because the breakfasts are pricy. But they were also very good! All in all it was a great trip to No. Conway and a very good stay at the Yankee Clipper.

Room Tip: I didn't think we would like a 2nd floor room, but it was not bad. Stairs were easy and we were...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at the Inn for one night and had a nice time. We checked in around 1:30 by a very nice woman. The room was small but clean and comfortable. There was not a closet but there was a rod to hang clothes/jackets and there was room under the sink to stash luggage. The bathroom area was split in two with the shower and toilet in a closed room and the sink in an alcove outside. Not much counter space but sufficient for toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.
The pool area was a nice temperature. The pool was chilly but the hot tub was great. Open until 11, so great after a night of skiing.
Lots of restuarants nearby. Enjoyed the Blueberry Muffin next door-we received a voucher towards breakfast. A few ski areas within 30 minutes or less.
Would definitely stay again. Great value for the area

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family