All reviewsblueberry muffinsattached restaurantfree breakfasthot tuboutdoor poolnight staythe room was nicelocation is greatking bedcouponoutlets
Reviewed February 9, 2012

It doesn't look like the smartest inn on 'the strip' but having stayed there, I wouldn't even think about staying anywhere else. The rooms were spacious and clean - we had a fire in ours which was lovely. But their biggest asset is their staff - they were SO friendly and so keen to help us in any way they could that we couldn't help but be disarmed by their warmth and enthusiasm.

The Blueberry Muffin was fantastic (although fellow Europeans beware: order the 'light' version of their irresistable blueberry pancakes or starve yourself for at least a week in advance. The light version? Not light but you will be able to move afterwards) with delicious pancakes, extraordinarily delicious muffins (we packed them for lunch on a hike) and red flannel hash that my fiance still wistfully mentions.

It was a wrench to leave but we'll be back for sure!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RedPeridot
Reviewed February 8, 2012

been going up to north conway now for 10 years and never stayed here untill last year as my regular spots kept going up in price. i stayed in a room with 2 full beds and it was a little cramped for me and my family as we used 2 blow up matresses for my 2 boys. but they have a block of rooms with 2 queen beds and a whole lotta room for 2 blow up matresses which i looked at while i was there and now i book the room with queen beds instead. pools both indoor and outdoor were fine and clean. standard breakfast comes for each person staying there which is fine and for anything else a minor charge is extra basically total cost after coupons used was about 5 to 10 dollars for 4 adults. i saved so much money staying here just to sleep that we had more to spend at the outlets at settlers green. people there are great also and make the stay enjoyable.going back this july and already reserved bigger room for my family. thanx kelly and staff at the yankee clipper.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Howard W
Reviewed January 3, 2012

First let me say that the Blueberry Muffin Restaurant and staff at the hotel are wonderful. I just wish the Inn was better so I could give them my business. My friend and I decided to go up to the White Mountains for some fun. Since I have always loved the Blueberry Muffin Restaurant we figured we would give the Inn a try. I wish we hadn't.

We reserved what they advertised as the "fireplace and jacuzzi" rooms. I was horrified from the second we opened the door. It was the kind of place where I felt weird about taking my shoes off. It looked like a crime scene with scuffs and gouges all over the walls. I know hotels experience some wear, but this place was unreal. To top it off, they randomly covered over some of them with a different color paint than the rest of the wall, and with brush strokes that completely went against the grain. I mean, brush strokes aren't necessarily a deal breaker, but it just added to the whole atmosphere of not giving a hoot how clean or done up the room is. The place had a kind of funk. Everything had a layer of dust and therei was a weird smell.

When it came to the hot tub, it wasn't a jacuzzi. It was a dingy bathtub with a couple of jets in the side. I wouldn't have been able to sit in it if I tried, and I am reasonably short. The jacuzzi wasn't the only thing that wasn't up to what was advertised. The indoor pool was tiny, and the whole area is surrounded by filthy, wet carpet. How disgusting is that!!! We were horrified.

Sadly enough, we had to leave. I felt TERRIBLE, because the front desk staff was SOOO nice. I wish their higher management would do something about the state of the rooms so we could give them our business. I still recommend the restaurant though, the food and prices are great.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for one of the rooms closer to the restaurant because they are used more often???
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2012

2nd time staying at this property while skiing in the white mountians. Clean,quiet and comfortable for one of the lowest rates around and it has an indoor pool. Included breakfast is actually just a coupon for eggs and (unfortunately this morning, cold) toast in the attached restaurant. Desk staff is friendly. Overall it is a place I'd send friends on a budget.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2011

I've stayed here 4 or 5 times over the past year and a half with my now 7 year old on Storyland excursions and the like and it's great for what you pay for. It's not the Ritz but it's clean, cheap and conveniently located.

It's more or less quiet, the Blueberry Muffin restaurant next door is a convenient place to have a quick bite before hitting the slopes, trails, or whatever activity you'll be spending the day doing. The pool and jacuzzi get the job done although like one reviewer pointed out, the pool is very small. I've never seen the outdoor pool but it could be because in the summer we usually stay at other places. One reviewer said they found this place "nasty" but this has never been my experience here and I have stayed here at different times of the year. It's always clean because believe me if it weren't I am uber-picky about cleanliness and wouldn't return.

Bottom line this is an excellent place to stay when you want to budget your money, or just be in town for a few days spend the majority of your time outdoors. If you are looking for a place to loll around in and feel luxurious this aint it. But when I don't care about luxury, this is the first place on my list and I will be definitely be returning again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family