“Ok service not great food!”

Abenaki Trail Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #5 of 93 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Opening in December 2013, we have climbed from number 60 of 60 restaurants to number 16 in 2 years! Now at number 11, we try hard to please, and if we did, we thank you, and if we didn't, call owner operator Peter Jones at the restaurant and he will help you. We are a family friendly restaurant and pub offering guests a relaxing lunch or dinner and friendly service. Unlike big corporate chains, we bring in our seafood, chicken, steaks, and burgers FRESH, not frozen. We also own Frank Jones Restaurant & Pub in Barrington, NH - home of Frank Jones Ale with wings and rings nominated the past 4 years running for Best Of NH!
Chatham, NH
“Ok service not great food!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Well, the waitress was nice and friendly. That was the highlight of the night. Went to check out the new place. Sat us in the bar area converted into an open space seating area. No real atmosphere. Read the menu and was impressed with the stated family history and Food service they advertised. Not so much when the food arrived it was very bland! No taste? $20.00 steak that had zero flavor. They could use a little salt and pepper in the cooking process at least. Hope it gets better but right now we will not return. Not worth the money.

Visited February 2014
Peter J, Owner at Abenaki Trail Restaurant & Pub, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Hello there,

I was dissapointed you didn't have a great steak, and as always l like to hear from our guests when they are here if there is a problem so we can fix it on the spot. We pay over $12 a pound for our sirloin and sell dozens a week, only with lots of compliments so I am not sure why it would have been bland, but I will address it with the staff. I would be happy to have you try another steak with my compliments, so please contact me at 603 356 6565 so we can take care of you.

Thanks,

Peter Jones

Conway New Hampshire
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Went here with my family and had a great meal with great service.Will deff go again. Everything was great

NH
“Horrible don't waste your $ or time”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Went there for dinner and was seated in a so called bar with screaming kids everywhere! Service at the bar was beyond horrible. We ordered and saw all the best of nh things on menu and they were the opposite the worst of nh. Onion rings can be made better at home! This used to be 2 other places and they should have stayed cause this is a joke for the area. Never again

3 Thank tripster12nh
Peter J, Owner at Abenaki Trail Restaurant & Pub, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hi,

This is Peter Jones, the owner of the Abenaki Trail. I am very sorry you had that experience in our restaurant. I would love more specifics as to when you were in and what you ordered, as we were closed Monday the day you reviewed us and I'd like to address any concerns about the service you received. We rely on guests such as yourself for feedback, and while it's been incredibly positive, we may have missed the boat with you. Our onion rings were nominated 2 years in a row for NH Magazine's Best Of NH, so I'm sorry they weren't up to par that night.

Please call me at the restaurant at 356 6565 so I can make it right.
Conway, New Hampshire
“Fantastic Food and Even Better Service”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Been in to this place twice since their opening. I was pleasantly surprised how they spruced up the bar area from the dull, dreary place it was before. When I entered the pub area I was greeted right away by a waitress and shown to my seat. The staff was very pleasant, and knowledgeable about the menu. I went with their wings which were some of the best I've had in the North Country. My second time in I had a burger and my wife had the fried haddock, both were delicious. As a local, I'm glad to see a quality family restaurant come to the Valley. We can't have enough. I can't wait to head back in to try some of their other dishes. Great food and phenomenal service is the best way to describe Abenaki Trail.

• Visited January 2014
Claremont, New Hampshire
“not so "great service"”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I are visiting North Conway on our honeymoon. We went into Abenaki Trail for dinner , the sign out front says "Great Service" and when you get inside there is a sign in the doorway saying something along the lines of " by the time you finish reading this sign we'll have you seated' . Well neither turned out to be true. We waited and waited, there were two people at the bar, the bar tender brought out their food. We were not acknowledged at all, he then went back into the back area and never returned. TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!! We left and found a better restaurant to eat at that had a wonderful happy smiley waitress who actually wanted us there :)

• Visited January 2014