“Value for money”
Review of Golden Gables Inn

Golden Gables Inn
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights during our ski trip to Mt Cranmore. They are located in heart of the North Conway city and surrounded with restaurants and grocey stores. Rooms are not at all expensive, cozy and clean. These rooms are really comfortable for couple of nights stay. We got what we wanted for what we paid. Totally happy with the rooms and will return for our next ski trips and fall time activities.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank apbTRaveller

Reviewed October 15, 2009

Loved our room, very clean, comfortabe, and quiet. We were on a color tour and didn't need the internet. A coffee pot would have been great along with the microwave & fridge, but there was coffee in the lobby. Price was right but the Fryeburg, Maine festival raised the price for the weekend. bummer! The price averaged out around $100 a night. They even had a guest laundry room which came in handy after traveling for 2 weeks, we needed clean clothes!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank duconinmich
Reviewed October 13, 2009

We stayed during this past Columbus Day Weekend, and it was a perfect experience. The people, Jan ("Yan") especially, at the front desk were more than helpful and polite. The room was spotless, and even included a roomy Jacuzzi tub and Fireplace! The bathroom was quite nice, with granite counterops and a nice shower/tub combo. There was also a nice flatscreen tv with DVD player so we could rent or watch a movie when we came back from dinner with the fireplace going. My only wish was that there was a dedicated desk for us to set up our laptop at, but there was plenty of places for us to set it, just not a dedicated desk. (Nitpicking, I know) The rate was extremely competitive for the time of year, especially with the imentities they offer. It is located right on the strip, next to the outlets, across from Pirates Cove Mini Golf, and within walking distance to a TON of restaurants. Really an all around great stay!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wags3813
Reviewed October 4, 2009

I would have given this place higher marks had their internet access actually worked. The rooms were very nice, with microwaves, refrigerators, and flat screen TVs. There was a nice back lawn behind our room, with a back door leading out there. The problems started when I tried to use the free wireless internet. The signal strength was so low in our room that it couldn't be used. I noticed that if I sat outside behind the building the signal was fine --- but that wasn't an option in 45 degree weather. I called the front office to complain, and was told she'd reboot the system --- but, being in the IT field, I knew that wasn't the issue. The issue was the signal strength in the rooms. 15 minutes later I called again to tell her it still wasn't working. An hour later I was told the owner had played with some wires, and to try it again. No go. So I ended up sitting in the office where the wireless signal was strong --- at least they tried to be helpful about it. Someone else came into the office while I was there to complain about the same thing. I eventually learned this is an ongoing problem the hotel has had, and the owner just spent $5,000 to have it fixed. Unfortunately, he must have been ripped off. It may work in other buildings on the hotel's property, but it wasn't working in the rooms in our building.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Gregs_out_West
Reviewed September 27, 2009

The first thing I noticed was how clean the place was. When I arrived, there was someone cleaning the parking lot with a blower. Another was wiping the outside of doors. The room was very clean and nicely furnished. The bed was very comfortable. The room had a refrigerator and microwave. There is no coffee pot in the room but I believe coffee is available in the lobby in the morning. It had a nice flat screen TV. There was a balcony that overlooked the huge back lawn where there are picnic tables, a swimming pool and hot tub and a very nice playground. The pool and the playground are set back quite far from the buildings so I imagine noise from them would never be a problem. There is also a washer and dryer for guests to use.

The room I was in was located at the front of the building near the street. There was a lot of street noise which could bother light sleepers. I imagine the rooms in the back are much quieter as they are away from the street. Another issue was the extremely bright outdoor lights. The curtains let in a lot of light at the top so even with the curtains drawn it seemed too bright in the room. The lights did go out sometime after 11pm.
The bathroom only had a shear curtain so a lot of light came in through there.

The location is perfect for enjoying all that the North Conway area has to enjoy. I would definitely stay at the Golden Gables Inn again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank NHmayflower
Reviewed September 23, 2009

We selected this hotel because of the TA ranking and the price. The hotel easily lived up to the ranking, especially when you factor in cost. The hotel was very spacious and clean, back door access to the outdoor pool. Very friendly staff and easy access to the outlet shopping.

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed September 23, 2009

We were suppose to stay at Golden Gables Inn in early October but we have experienced horrible flooding and torrential rains in our area. We did not know if or when the electricity, water and roads would be ready to use again so decided it would be best to cancel our reservations. The hosts were very helpful and wished us all the best in getting over the flood. If or when we are able to go to North Conway we will certainly put the Golden Gables Inn on our recommendations for hotels.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple