“We never wanted to leave!”
Review of Golden Gables Inn

and 1 more site!
Golden Gables Inn
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
RI
“We never wanted to leave!”
Reviewed August 29, 2009

My husband and I made reservations at another motel based on reviews and pics on line. When we arrived we were mortified and headed into North Conway to see what else we could find. We visited three different motels within our price range (we wanted to stay under $100/nt) and didn't bother to look further once we got to Golden Gables. The staff was wonderful (Thanks Deb!), the room was great, the grounds and pool were heaven and the location was perfect. We planned for three nights and added another night since we were having so much fun! We will be back!!! We're thinking about late fall and the more expensive fireplace & jacuzzi rooms! Why not? The Golden Gables are worth it!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 28, 2009

We had a wonderful time at the Golden Gables Inn this week! I took my two young boys (ages 6 and 8) for a last little getaway before school starts. My husband was staying home to work so I was a bit apprehensive about traveling with the boys alone. This property was perfect for us. We were able to pull our car right up to the room (#26) and then walk out the back door to the pool / playground! Everyone was extremely nice and the room was immaculate! Highly recommended!

Halifax, NS
Reviewed August 25, 2009

We booked 4 rooms for our family, including 2 small children, at Golden Gables Inn from Aug. 20th to the 24th. The accommodations were perfect for us. Clean, comfortable and convenient. We all agreed that we would most definitely stay there again. The owner was friendly, helpful and had a great sense of humor. The grounds, pool area, as well as the buildings, were perfectly maintained and in pristine condition. We prefer to support a locally run business rather than a chain. Do not hesitate to book at Golden Gables Inn. Thank you to Jan and his staff for a great trip!

Niki

Boston
Reviewed August 19, 2009

The Golden Gables is and has been for the past three years my favorite Hotel in North Conway, after staying in many this is now our home away from home. The Standard rooms are exceptionally large with fridge, microwave, two Queen Beds, table and two chairs along with a spacious and modern bathroom. The upper level rooms have spacious balconies where you can sit back relax and enjoy yourself while the lower level rooms are just steps away from the pool.

The outside areas are quiet and very well maintained. The pool and hot tub are very clean and kept at perfect temperature. The children including my Daughters also love the playground located on the property, the kids also wait for the North Conway train that goes by three times a day and blows its whistle.

I can’t say enough about the place, the owners or the grounds except that if your looking for that hidden gem this is the place, I might also add that my Daughter, hubby and two children usually rent a room that has a separate bedroom with a fold out sofa in the living area which is more then enough room for them, it also has a work area with its own separate faucet for preparing a sandwich or snack.

The place is located within minutes of restaurants, shopping and all the outdoor sports you can possibly want along with being very reasonable in price, what more could you possibly want?

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Wales
Reviewed August 14, 2009

My husband and I, together with teenage daughter and my mother and father stayed at the Golden Gables in July. We were very impressed - great location very clean, well equipped rooms with fridge and microwave. My room was exceptionaly large which was a great advantage as there were three of us. The outside areas were quiet and very well maintained. The pool was very clean and a perfect temperature. Fresh coffee was always available in the lobby and Jan the owner and his staff were very friendly and helpful. I would have no hesitation in returning to the Golden Gables Inn.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
MA
Reviewed August 12, 2009

It started with all kinds of traffic getting to North Conway. When I called, the gentleman answering the phone was kind and was not worried about what time we arrived at the hotel. His service throughout the weekend was fantastic. He greeted us everytime we went in, was easily approachable so my older child was comfortable walking over to get extra towels for the pool. My main issue with all the other lodgings I have stayed at in the area is customer service. This was not an issue at the Golden Gables Inn.
The room was not huge but plenty big enough for myself and my two daughters. The grounds were immaculate and the pool was clean as was the room. I never saw housekeeping. Somehow they got in and out without being seen even when we left only for a couple of hours.
My dtr best summed it up by saying - " I like the hotel, it feels like home". I had difficulty getting them off the grounds to see the attractions! My youngest daughter was in tears when we were checking out because she was going to miss the hotel. I am very picky when it comes to hotels with regard to customer service and cleanliness, I now will not use another hotel in the area. I look forward to returning to the hotel for my next trip to North Conway.

1 Thank MOM82
Derry, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I had previously stayed at a motel in North Conway that was dated but clean and comfortable and planned to return there with my husband and 2 year old daughter this summer. However, when I went to book, their rates were $30 higher per night than the Golden Gables Inn and based on the fantastic reviews here, I decided to take a chance. I'm so glad I did!

My experience began when I had trouble making reservations on the website and called to book. The lady I spoke to asked if I had AAA and offered a discount, which was nice since I hadn't even thought to ask about a AAA rate. We booked a standard queen room.

Upon arrival, we were given room 28 with two queen beds that had two doors, one that opened to the parking lot and the other that opened to the backyard area. The room itself was very spacious. My daughter is transitioning between a bed and crib and there was plenty of room for the two beds plus her pack and play and still lots of room to move around. There was a mini-fridge and a microwave, which was super convenient for keeping breakfast foods and cold drinks. Also, a large dresser, TV, and a table with 2 chairs. Instead of a closet, there was a shelf with hangers. The bathroom was spacious and modern. So many motels have old, dated bathrooms while this one was clean and new-looking. My husband and I normally stay in chains when we travel to bigger cities and we both commented that this hotel had all the ammenities of a chain, with the added bonus of the beautiful grounds of a non-branded property. We were both SO pleased with the room.

The front door faced the main road and there were 2 chairs and a little table out front, where my daughter and I drank our morning drinks and ate breakfast while my husband slept in. The back door opened up to another little sitting area with two chairs. The back door opened right up to the large backyard area with the warm heated swimming pool, hot tub, and playground. My daughter was THRILLED to see the playground and we spent a lot of time there! We also went swimming one evening and the pool was nice and warm, while the hot tub was hot but not uncomfortably so. Also, the hotel offers complimentary GOOD coffee in the mornings.

Overall, our stay here was perfect and we will definitely stay here again. My husband even said that even if we found a better rate elsewhere, he'd rather pay the extra to stay here. We checked out after 2 nights to spend another couple of nights in the mountains and while our 2nd hotel was okay, we greatly missed the Golden Gables.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family