“Price and quality can't be beat”
Review of Golden Gables Inn

Golden Gables Inn
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Whenever I make the trip up to North Conway, this is the place I stay and I make a point to recommend it to all my friends. The location is super convenient to all the attractions in the area and the rooms are good sized, spotless and a great value. The owners do an awesome job of keeping the property up, the pool and hot tub are great and the grounds are immaculate. The new(ish) patio with grill and fire pit are fantastic.

Staff is always super friendly. I've been staying here since I was little and have no plans to look anywhere else!

Room Tip: I prefer the building in the back, it's set farther back from the road so it's nice and quie...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We rentede this room for one night. We found the room to be large and clean. The pool was clean and well maintained. My son and I enjoyed it greatly.

The staff at check in was very helpful and polite, as they were at check out.

We would certainly stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Frank S
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This was my second visit to the Golden Gables. I was very pleased that you can check-in until midnight. Pulling in rather late, I checked in with no issues, and was given the room right beside the office. I had some trepidation about this, having stayed down below facing the pool my last visit combined with the fact that the hotel faces the 302, I was worried about noise. Once in my room, I found that while I could hear the traffic it was very low and easy to tune out. The single queen room was spacious and clean - including the bathroom. The balcony is a nice size and didn't feel crowded with the two chairs and a table. The Wi-Fi password is on the phone in the rooms, and I'd say the only negative for me this trip was the sometimes wonky wi-fi.

Room Tip: The ones overlooking the pool and greenspace are quieter. However - mine facing the highway was qui...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Adriel17
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Golden Gables was the hotel we stayed in when we first began job hunting and preparing to move to North Conway from Massachusetts. The rooms are very clean and spacious. We found the staff very helpful and informative when we asked many questions about the area and job prospects. The jacuzzi was relaxing after a day of searching for employment. There were picnic tables in back which allowed us to prepare some meals on site. Very nice place with reasonable prices

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We have stayed many times at the gables,it is very clean and inviting ,the rates are great,we stayed during bike week there were a lot of bikers there and they were all friendly,near all kind of shopping and tons of restaurants,have stayed in many places in the area in the 70's and 80's but you can't beat the Gables very nice,this was our 5th time

Room Tip: we always pick 2nd floor its quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2014

A friend and I were driving down to Portland and stopped in North Conway for a break - it was such a pretty town we decide to stay overnight and found the Golden Gables Inn. We loved GGI so much that we drove to Portland then back to the Golden Gables for two more nights - totally unplanned. We had a large, clean bedroom with two queen beds, and a balcony overlooking pristine grounds. I loved the pool, the hot tub, the BBQ and sitting area - very beautiful. And the very best staff. Definitely want to return.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Catherine K
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

This was our first stay in this hotel and I just wanna say that I was that this will be our go to place to stay from now on. For the amount of the room and the amenities for families offered it was completely worth it. The rates are more than reasonable, the room was very clean and adequate for a family of four with two young children, the staff was very friendly and the pool/activity area was very clean and well maintained. My only suggestions would be for them to offer more pillows without pillow shams and to have the staff assist with the firepit. Overall, this was one of our most relaxing amd enjoyable visits. Im glad we took a chance on this hotel!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family