“This is the best place to stay in North Conway.”
Review of Golden Gables Inn

and 1 more site!
Golden Gables Inn
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We just came back from our tenth stay at the Golden Gables. You cannot beat the price and you get a very clean room with plenty of space. The only issue is that the room is a bit warm but I guess that's not bad in the cold winter months.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Foxy0705
There are newer reviews for Golden Gables Inn

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised by both North Conway and this inn. The check in staff were friendly and efficient and my room quiet and more spacious than I had expected. North Conway had many more facilities than anticipated and it's location so close to the White Mountains National Forest was an added bonus. I had no trouble finding nice cafes in which to eat. I also apprciated access to a laundry and the avialability of a pool.

Room Tip: I was out the back and there was no noise at all from the highway.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Debbie_in_Sydney
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We chose the Golden Gables in large part due to the reviews on TripAdvisor and we weren't disappointed. The bed was super-comfy, the room incredibly clean, and the location worked well for us. It isn't located in the center of the quaint shopping area but it was an easy drive to get there and there are a number of businesses located in the immediate proximity. The only negative here is that there is a noise factor: if you get a noisy neighbor you are definitely going to hear them. Fortunately, we didn't find that to be a problem at night or in the mornings. And the cleanliness and comfort of the place significantly offset that concern. We would stay here again!

Room Tip: Given the the potential for noise from neighbors I would recommend a 2nd floor room.
2  Thank happytrailsNewYork
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Once again, I ran into a glitch with my plans to stay at Golden Gables and AGAIN the ultra friendly staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating. I cannot speak highly enough about them. If you have not stayed here, you should. It's so clean and nice, especially the king deluxe rooms. Thank you Golden Gables!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Chrissymilford
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Shopping weekend with my wife. On the "strip" in the heart of everything. Stayed in the back building, 2nd floor. Large king size bed in a huge room! Comfortable, quiet nights sleep. Desk attendants were smiling, pleasant and very responsive. (Check in and out) Bathroom was amazingly clean and up to date with plenty of fresh, clean linens. Even the coffee was great! No gym, continental breakfast but why bother? This is the best deal for a locally owned Inn, not the huge national chain. Count me in every time I visit!

Room Tip: The back building was nice and quiet. Not that the front is loud, just more traffic. Summer has the...
1  Thank Brad R
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Booked a king deluxe at this motel.Rooms are huge.Nice view of mountains.Lady at desk was great and got in earlier then check in time.Bed very comfortable,Coffee in hall way close to our room.I would book room 37 again second floor.Very very clean.No compaints.

Room Tip: Always go king deluxe rooms are bigger
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

We needed a place to stay while visiting schools for my son. I looked on this site for over 4 hours for a hotel in the right location at the lower end of the price spectrum, with no negative reviews, or as few as possible. VERY HARD TO COME BY! Then I found golden gables..no negative reviews!!...absolutley amazing value! We were there on the off season so our deluxe king room was $72. It was a fantastic size room, and simple, yet flawless! Remarkable clean, newer comfy beds with tons of amazing various pillows on them, a private back deck with seating, modern, flat screen tv with all the normal cable channels, free wifi (although slow), fridge & microwave. The bathroom was ultra modern, looked like one you'd see in a Sheraton or Marriot, and sooooo clean! Not one spot anywhere! Smelled very clean & fresh, & my son & I have terrible allergies so I'm alway nervous, but we slept amazing, so deeply, and woke up with no allergy symptoms at all, which indicates to me it was 100% free of dust, mold, mildew, cigarette smoke, or any of those other things that trigger us. There's a beautiful pool & patio area out back, although we didn't venture in in december :-o. There's also a fantastic play area which is in the back courtyard near the pool, with tons of room to run, like, more than a football sized lawn, and brand new pristine & safe play equipment. The lovely lady at the desk was fabulous, very friendly, and even helped us track down some of the best food in town at 9:15pm when most everything had closed. We ate at Delaney's Hole in the Wall, about 2 miles north on the same side of the road. We had a fantastic meal, and sleep, and showers, AND, the shampoo & soaps they have for guests is REAL shampoo!! I'm a hairdresser so am a product snob, and was sooooo exstatic to see Rusk products in the bathroom. Especially since I forgot to pack those things! :-o the professional products also don't leave that filmy residue behind which makes things easier to clean, and it is defiantly 'white glove' sanitized clean! A most excellent stay! We thank you Golden Gables! And will stay any time we're in the area! So thank you soooo much, we are so appreciative you take such good care of their facility. The pride for the business is evident at every turn! A scaled down, but still 5 satr hotel is what I would call this place!

Cheers!!