“A SCALED DOWN, BUT STILL 5 STAR HOTEL WHICH IS A MOST REMARKABLE PLACE TO STAY & VERY FINANCIALLY FRIENDLY!!!”
Review of Golden Gables Inn

Golden Gables Inn
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

We needed a place to stay while visiting schools for my son. I looked on this site for over 4 hours for a hotel in the right location at the lower end of the price spectrum, with no negative reviews, or as few as possible. VERY HARD TO COME BY! Then I found golden gables..no negative reviews!!...absolutley amazing value! We were there on the off season so our deluxe king room was $72. It was a fantastic size room, and simple, yet flawless! Remarkable clean, newer comfy beds with tons of amazing various pillows on them, a private back deck with seating, modern, flat screen tv with all the normal cable channels, free wifi (although slow), fridge & microwave. The bathroom was ultra modern, looked like one you'd see in a Sheraton or Marriot, and sooooo clean! Not one spot anywhere! Smelled very clean & fresh, & my son & I have terrible allergies so I'm alway nervous, but we slept amazing, so deeply, and woke up with no allergy symptoms at all, which indicates to me it was 100% free of dust, mold, mildew, cigarette smoke, or any of those other things that trigger us. There's a beautiful pool & patio area out back, although we didn't venture in in december :-o. There's also a fantastic play area which is in the back courtyard near the pool, with tons of room to run, like, more than a football sized lawn, and brand new pristine & safe play equipment. The lovely lady at the desk was fabulous, very friendly, and even helped us track down some of the best food in town at 9:15pm when most everything had closed. We ate at Delaney's Hole in the Wall, about 2 miles north on the same side of the road. We had a fantastic meal, and sleep, and showers, AND, the shampoo & soaps they have for guests is REAL shampoo!! I'm a hairdresser so am a product snob, and was sooooo exstatic to see Rusk products in the bathroom. Especially since I forgot to pack those things! :-o the professional products also don't leave that filmy residue behind which makes things easier to clean, and it is defiantly 'white glove' sanitized clean! A most excellent stay! We thank you Golden Gables! And will stay any time we're in the area! So thank you soooo much, we are so appreciative you take such good care of their facility. The pride for the business is evident at every turn! A scaled down, but still 5 satr hotel is what I would call this place!

Cheers!!

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank happychloee

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Now I know why tripadvisor rated this place #1. Check in was smooth & quick. The room was lovely. It had a fridge & microwave which came in handy. A large flat screen tv. One king bed, super comfy mattress. Exceptionally clean room. The bathroom was spotless with plenty of towels and very nice toiletries. They had a fire going outback at the firepit where we toasted marshmallows and mingled with other guests. Would definately go back.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Mlight58
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We visited Story Land over the summer and just needed a one night stay somewhere. I wanted to stay at one of the hotels with a water park but just couldn't justify the price. Although this was an average accommodation is was just what we needed. It was clean and bright and there was a pool and the layout of the motel was very appealing. They also had a playground and a barbecue and patio. I can see this being a great place for groups. It was in a great location and all the staff were friendly and accommodating. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Nicole C
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed for two nights in November and we were very satisfied with the hotel. The room was clean and updated. New rug in our room and bathroom was very clean and spacious. We have stayed in many of the area hotels and this is my favorite. There isn't anything negative to say about our stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the rear building. Very quiet,
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank fcl394
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I must have driven past this place a thousand times all the years I’ve been vacationing in North Conway. I’m so glad that this time I decided to spend a weekend at the Golden Gables Inn with my girlfriends to do some early Christmas shopping. Golden Gables Inn was by far the best place I’ve stayed at to date. The price was reasonable. The rooms were clean and well appointed. The toiletries were spa quality. The beds were comfortable. Having a microwave and fridge in the room are convenient. I like the easy access to the pool and patio with fire pit. The Inn is well-located to local shops and restaurants. The host/hostess was gracious. I guess I saved the best for last. I will definitely make this my Inn of choice for future trips to this area. Thank you for a wonderful weekend.

Room Tip: If you don't like road noice ask for a room in the back building.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank FIRSTBORNWONDER
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was the only budget option I was able to find at the last minute for a foliage trip in the beginning of October. I would stay elsewhere next time though because of the noise. The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything from the adjoining rooms and from outside where guests were hanging out and talking very late at night. Beds were not thoroughly cleaned as I saw hairs before getting into bed. Toiletries, TV, fridge, shower water pressure, and location of the hotel were all good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank traveler1065
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Great quality price rate compared to other places in town. We paid 59 plus taxes. The room has new and very nice furniture, it's spotless and with a balcony with a view. The bathroom i better than usual motels bathroom. Lady at the reception was superkind.

• Stayed: October 2012