“Great ski vacation”
Review of Colonial Motel

Colonial Motel
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed in here February for a long weekend. Excellent stay. Clean and very helpful employees. Loved the discounted ski and tubing passes. Will stay again. Coffee in morning a welcome treat. They did a fire one night with s'mores. Great family long weekend

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ct03
There are newer reviews for Colonial Motel

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I booked a room at the Colonial Motel based on the good reviews on TripAdvisor and I wasn't disappointed. My wife thought I had chosen a bad motel when we pulled in because it didn't look very good on the outside... There was a little peeling paint and a couple of the iron latticework pillars had been damaged. As soon as we walked into our room, however, she was happy.

I have stayed in a lot of hotels/motels, some expensive, some cheap, and I've never stayed in one that was cleaner than the Colonial Motel. It almost feels like going back in a time machine to when the motel was brand new. Everything was in excellent condition and the best word to describe the bathroom is "immaculate." It's obvious that the owners take great pride in this motel.

Everyone working there was very friendly and helpful. In the morning I overheard, on two separate occasions, cleaning staff talking about the damaged pillars. I got the feeling that they will be repaired as soon as possible.

My only complaint is the water temperature in the shower. They were at full capacity and the temperature would unexpectedly change from hot to cold to hot again when we took our showers in the morning. I'm assuming this was from all the guests using the bathrooms at the same time, because it wasn't a problem when I took a shower the afternoon before.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ji1963
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night in the jaccuzi room for valentines day close to shopping areas clean rooms kinda noisy i think it was the water heater whenever someone used the water. Staff was friendly and gave us some coupons for a couple meals. Would definetly stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at this motel over Super Bowl weekend. I am overly sensitive to smell and noticed an odor of - well - have you ever been to a thrift shop that sells used clothes and you get a whiff of other people's body odor? My husband didn't notice it and looked at me funny when I mentioned it so it might have been my overly sensitive nose. But of course I checked the linens - especially the pillow cases - but everything smelled okay. Then I went into the bathroom and realized that this was really a very clean place. It was spotless. I think maybe the room just needed to be aired out a bit from being closed up for a week or two without any guests in it. The next day the smell was almost gone, and the day after that it was totally gone. Next time I go there I'm going to tell them to open a couple windows before I get there! This is a reasonably priced motel in an excellent location with wonderful owners and average rooms. But very clean and functional. I would stay there again. There was a fridge in the room and for tea or coffee we walked a couple hundred feet to the office. They also had a bonfire on Sat night and made s'mores and had cookies. We didn't partake in it but I saw people standing around the fire. What a great thing to do on a Saturday night, especially if you have kids. I also got a recommendation from the owner on a masseuse, Robin Govoni (works with Ginger Rober at Restorative Health & Fitness in the village of North Conway). All I can say is - it was the BEST massage I ever had. Seriously. And please don't mind me about the smell of the room upon arrival. I'm only mentioning it to be totally honest about my impressions, but it would probably only bother 1 out of 100 people, so definitely give this place a try, especially if you're on a budget.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DianaTravel
Reviewed January 29, 2014

All in all a comfortable stay at a reasonable price. The Motels owners and staff are very personable and helpful. And, my hound was happy to learn that "For Your Paws Only" was just a minute away. I do recommend bringing along a crate for your four legged friend to sleep in if its known to jump up and sleep on the bed. The Motels pet policy discourages pets from being on the furniture. My Hound and I will be heading up to the Whites again soon and will include another stay at the Colonial Motel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I usually stay at the North Conway Grand Hotel, but this year, we decided to stay somewhere a bit cheaper. We were only staying one night, so we were trying to keep the cost down. The Colonial Motel staff were very friendly and helpful. We chose to stay in a room with a private jacuzzi tub. For the price, this place was great! The room was exceptionally clean. The bed wasn't the most comfortable, but it suited us just fine for the one night. We loved that the motel was close to everything in North Conway that we like to visit - The Muddy Moose restaurant and The Flatbread Pizza Company were very close by. We also like to visit the shops in town, and the motel was very close to the shops as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My family and I have stayed here several times. Whenever we visit North Conway this IS the place to stay!!! Their rates are reasonable, the rooms are very large, and extremely clean. The staff is fantastic, very helpful, and provides you with important tips. This is the place to stay!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family