“Very Clean!”
Review of Colonial Motel

Colonial Motel
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed at The Colonial Motel In North Conway, NH for Columbus Day weekend to attend the Fryeburg Fair. We had a 5 hour drive from Connecticut and wasn't sure what to expect. The hotel was booked but there is parking for one car per room. I have to say I was very impressed and pleasantly surprised with how clean our room was. Also very spaceous for our family of four, which includes an active five yr old boy and 8 month old. Two queen size beds are what made me book this hotel vs The Schoolhouse Motel, which is where we stayed 3 yrs ago. The room also has a good size fridge which came in handy since we stayed 4 nights. The decor is a bit dated but like I said earlier, its clean. The bathroom in our room looked remodeled recently. Good size tub/shower and there was an air conditioner in the room, which also had Wi-Fi. There is an outdoor pool out back that i'm sure would have been refreshing since it was about 80 degrees although it was the middle of October! Very family oriented. Although I didnt meet the owners, my husband went and had coffee every morning. They also provided a pack n play for our son which helped us by saving some room in our car for other things. Next time we head to North Conway, I will be sure to book with the Colonial Motel again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ChrisLongoDavis
There are newer reviews for Colonial Motel

Reviewed October 8, 2011

Stayed 4 nights in Sept.Good basic motel in a good location close to the centre of North Conway.No coffee making facilites or telephone in the rooms but drinks and payphone available at reception.Owners have numerous dogs as pets and a couple of them didn't seem too friendly although I never saw them outside of the reception area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank PeterWigan_England
Reviewed October 6, 2011

The "old" Colonial Motel had a reputation for being substandard and the motel of last resort. The new owners have definitely changed that: the rooms are clean, the beds comfortable, and the bathrooms and facilities spotless and modern (and there is in-room wi-fi). They are also centrally located--a real plus during busy seasons. I will certainly stay here again without hesitation: the price, convenience, and high quality of the rooms make up for the lack of "upscale" amenities such as a swimming pool and on-site dining room.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I suspect we had one of the cheaper rooms and it was perfectly acceptable. Where this motel wins is the service and location. The front desk is great, Jerry was really helpful and even removed the lock on our suitcase for which we'd lost the key. The complimentary coffee every morning was great, it would have been nice to have some in the evening as well when we returned from a days hiking. Location is also excellent, a short walk every morning to Peaches for a great breakfast and 2 minutes drive to the shopping centre. My wife also loved the dogs. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2011

after decided to take a last minute vaca up ti north conway, i couldn't get a room in one of my usual hotels for they were all booked up, i went on trip advisor to look up some hotels. when i seen the reviews for this place i was surprised on how good they were and decided to give it a chance. I'm not the "motel type" girl, but this place changed my mind. when we arrived the first thing i noticed was how upkept the outside was. We were greated by jeanine at the front desk who was super nice, friendly, and helpful. The room was alot bigger then i had expected and very clean. the decor was a little outdated in the "main room" but it also gave you that nostalgic feelings. i'm very picky on bathrooms and this one seemed like it was recently updated and had the country -modern feeling. It was also spotless, i didn't see one speck of dirt or mold. This motel is within walking distance of downtown intervale, and a short car ride to the outlets. they did have a pool out back which again I was not expected, but it was closed for the season so we didn't get a chance to use it, but it also looked well maintained. with the money i saved staying here compared to my "other hotel" i was able to spend more at the outlets which was good for me:) i will definetly stay here again. thanks for a wonderful weekend.

Room Tip: back rooms are right across from pool
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kprincess925
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Our stay was the best, clean room,friendly host.will be back for shure

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Stayed here for a nearby wedding. They were very accommodating. My friend’s car’s tire actually went flat during this trip, and no tire places within 50 miles were open because it was the weekend, and the owner of the hotel was calling personal friends, trying to find someone who might get us a tire. Very customer-focused service. I would definitely stay here again. Also, North Conway is a beautiful vacation town with a lot to do, a great time.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends