“Pretty Cool”
Review of Adventure Suites

Adventure Suites
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed January 28, 2009

I stayed there with my boyfriend back in 2007. We enjoyed our stay very much. We stayed in the Roman spa room. The hot tub was awesome, the only thing we disliked was the bed. We both left there with horrible backaches. We should have mentioned it but I am never one to complain but I must say I would be shocked if nobody ever has said anything. The breakfast each morning was terrific. They had these blueberry muffins the first morning that I smelled from my room and they tasted awesome. The make your own waffles were fun and very good. I would stay there again just in a different room and would hope the bed was more comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
advntre-seeker, Manager at Adventure Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2009

Thank you for writing a review for us! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here. We had heard from other guests as well that the bed in the Roman Spa felt too hard. This is a round, horsehair mattress. Though it is of top quality, after inspecting it myself I do agree it was hard. We believe we have fixed the problem by placing ergonomic foam and a cushioned mattress pad on the bed. We have not had any complaint since then. Thank you again for your comments, we find them very helpful and we look forward to seeing you here again!

There are newer reviews for Adventure Suites

Reviewed December 12, 2008

Absolutely ABSOLUTELY loved our stay at Adventure Suites!!!! (this is long but well worth the read)

RESERVATIONS: VERY easy to book on their website online. They include packages etc.. could also have called. They are very helpful.

LOCATION: Excellent location. Right on Rte 16 in North Conway. Not far from downtown shopping.

BUILDING: The exterior looks like a typical quaint New England town. Done to perfection! I absolutely love it! (I had seen it transformed from what it was previously and they have done an OUTSTANDING job!).

LOBBY/HOTEL: The lobby is a perfect Victorian replica! The tiled floor is gorgeous. The details are fantastic. Since it is right before Christmas it was decorated beautifully!!!! We plan on staying right before Christmas again next year just because it was so very festive!!! We played pool as well and had a blast. Even had help from the 'First Lady' (the resident cat) who laid on the sofa next to it! The 50s diner setup for breakfast is a lot of fun! A great way to start the day. Outside of each room is decor that befits the room. It makes it fun and interesting to walk down the hall. Someone else mentioned the lobby was small... I have NO idea what they are talking about. It is big and there is even a huge fireplace!

ROOMS: We stayed in 'the Cave' and 'Show Time'. Got to see the Penthouse, Motorcycle Madness, the Log Cabin and a peek at the Jungle.

The CAVE: We booked 2 nights for the Cave room. It truly is a cave! Fantastic atmosphere - loved the cd they had in the player - made it even more 'realistic'. The waterfall shower was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd stay in that room again JUST for that!!! It was neat with the tunnels - kids would love it! They even had a PS2 in one of them. Plus 'windows' aka cave holes to look out of. The decor in the room was great. A couple of sort of 'silly' things like a t-rex and 'halloween bat' (but again.. kids probably love that stuff and there were only 2 small ones by the door). The sculpted bats on the stalactites were fantastic!!! The fireplace is awesome (love the bone in front of it!). The hot tub was nice and VERY clean! The entire place was very clean!!! The king size bed was very comfy. LOVED the heated floors!!! The doors to the bathroom/shower were simply beautiful (over 100 years old!). The furntiture was a bit odd (all 'hand's... LOL.. but definitely funky!)

SHOW TIME: We took a tour of some of the rooms after our first night and immediately asked if we could switch to Show Time. NOT because we didn't like the Cave but because it was a totally different room! Your own 10 foot screen theatre set up! The windows are the shape of Mickey Mouse. The bistro style table is in the shape of Mickey Mouse. Full fridge and a real popcorn maker (they supply the popcorn). Awesome bright red heart-shaped jacuzzi in the 'projection room'. You can watch the big screen ANYWHERE in the room (never watched TV while taking a shower before!). We watched 'War of the Worlds' as one of our movies (which are all free to borrow). We had seen this movie in the theatres and also at home.. but NEVER experienced it like in Show Time!!! My mouth DROPPED when we could 'feel' the bass. Absolutely fantastic experience!!! The furniture is sooooo very comfortable!!! King size bed again.. very comfortable!!! This room has a deck outside and view of the mountain. Awesome views. There is a gas fireplace in the tiled wall... definitely heats of the room nicely (besides looking nice). Double shower heads in the shower as well.. so definitely nicer than a 'normal' shower experience (although... the waterfall in the Cave is the end all be all for showers.. lol).

PENTHOUSE: Beautiful room. They really did a great job re-creating a NYC Penthouse - very chic and professional - black granite floors and even a mini-putting green! Gorgeous jacuzzi overlooking the mountain. Full kitchen in this room. Also french doors leading out to a deck and views of the mountain.

MOTORCYCLE MADNESS: What a crazy Harley room!!! Very large room. Poker table (and you can borrow chips and cards). HUGE sunken 7 person hot tub!!! (we want to stay in this room once just for the hot tub! HA) Bar with Harley bar stools. The shower head is like the one from a Seinfeld episode (the elephant showerhead). I can't wait to try this out also!

JUNGLE ROOM: I just got a quick peek but the hot tub/jacuzzi looks really cool! This room also has a mountain view and a very cool looking round bed! They even had two wooden elephants in the grass outside of the room (very large sculptures!).

STAFF: ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! Very helpful, very informative! Everyone was sooo very nice. I cannot say enough about them! They helped make our stay even better!

DIDN'T LIKE: One thing I didn't like was that there were no 'hotel locks' on the doors. The kind that swing over so that when you are in the room you have that 'extra' feeling of protection. The doors just all had normal locks on them. I don't know if there is a reason for this or not but I would have preferred to have that swing lock (I probably watch too many horror/psycho movies!).

We WILL be staying here again and again and again. There are 16 rooms right now and they will be creating even more. I LOVE that we can book different rooms during our stay as well.

And how could I forget 'Scrappy' - the resident dog that is an absolute blast to play with!!! Such a good girl!!!!!! I looked forward to seeing Scrappy and the First Lady each day!

These aren't the greatest photos but I wanted to post some... I'll take better ones next time! (I normally do not take photos of the hotels/resorts that I stay in!)

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
5  Thank KimberlyAMorin
Reviewed November 18, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Dragon's Lair for our anniversary, and had a wonderful time! :)

The hotel was very clean, and the staff was very pleasant.
I thought that the room was a good size, and it was nice to be able to watch the TV from the jacuzzi tub.

They have free coffee available all day. I don't eat breakfast, but my boyfriend liked making hos own waffles. We even arrived lateish and there was plenty of waffle mix, and other food.

There are some complaints in previous reviews about the walls being thin. It's not the walls, it's the doors. Which was my only issue. The doors are thin, and uninsulated, and we had some difficulty locking ours because the knob stuck. But nothing major.

We will definately stay here again in the future!

On a side note, the Moat Mountain which is right next door, is a fabulous restaurant. The waitress was amazing, and the food was delicious, with lots of vegetarian options :)

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank phedrebun
Reviewed November 2, 2008

Whoever found the staff to be unpleasant must have stayed at a different hotel. This is a themed hotel and they make every effort to make the rooms just that. Yes it may be over priced but I think we all knew that when we made reservations. We stayed in the motor cycle room the first night, though it wasn't for us, it was definetly biked themed and the hot tub was "GREAT". We found the room to be very clean, though we had a heck of a time figuring out the TV system but when we called the front desk they came right down without a problem and explained it to us (again). They do supply cards etc to play on the poker table if you asked at the front desk. Only issue with this room we found was the TV isn't placed in the right spot to watch from bed. It was the little touches if you look around that make the room unique, like the skylight, the bar and just the details all around. Though this room wasn't for us we did find it interesting and someone else could enjoy it very much especially since you have your own garage with remote to park your bike(s) in.
The second night we took the NY penthouse, this is a really comfortable and lovely room, the decor is very nice. The bed was a little small but other then that it was very enjoyable. We would definetly go back to that room again. The details in the rooms are things you wouldn't find in another hotel.
Becauce of a minor issue with had the first night the staff called us can offered us a free bottle of champange for our trouble. We didn't think it was a big deal but the gesture they made was very nice and unexpected. The housekeeping staff even took the time to leave us a hand written note thanking us for the small tips we left and added a few extra's in our room for a nice surprise (thank you girls).
The place is VERY pet friendly they bring a dog bed to your room, supply a bag of food,dog wipes and bowl of course a little card welcoming your pet.
As far as someone saying the place had ants, well welcome to NH (country). I am sure they do everything they can to take care of any and all issues. Even the cleanest houses have ants at times and being this is a one floor hotel it could happen. This place is exact what is said it is a THEMED adventure hotel. Pricey yes it is but everyone knows that when they made their reservations. If you want something different this is the place.
They have a very good selection of movies and the free breakfast wasn't bad.
I will say though one major downfall for me as a huge coffee drinker was that you had to pay for the extra coffee pods if you wanted more then what they had in the rooms. That I wish they would reconsider. I know the pods aren't cheap but the rooms aren't either. Just a opinion now!
In closing just know the staff all are very nice and not once was any of them unpleasant or unhelpful. Think this is both a great place for kids as well as couples looking for a little time together. We can't wait to check out the moive room with the 10 foot screen next.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JustineMaine
Reviewed October 9, 2008

I have stayed at alot of hotels in the North Conway region in the past few years. I liked this hotel the least. I found that there are alot of better hotels for the price that Adventure Suites charges for it's rooms. Below I have posted some of the postive/negative aspects of the room.

The postive aspects of Adventure Suites are:
1. Location to Area Attractions
2. Private entrance/exit
3. Hotel Staff / Service

The Negative Aspects of Adventure Suites are:
1. Overpriced
2. Unclean (Ants were found in various parts of the room)
3. Broken glass
4. Construction
5. Paper thin walls.

Look before you book!!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
advntre-seeker, owner at Adventure Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2008

I am sorry to hear that you felt we were not the best hotel for you in North Conway when you stayed here over 1 ½ years ago. We are the only theme hotel in North Conway and one of the few theme hotels East of the Mississippi. We take great pride in our rooms, our themes and our customers.

Where else can you stay in a Cave with your family? Spent the night in your personal movie theatre? Drive your motorcycle into your own suite? These are experiences that are unique and fun and you can’t find them anywhere else in the world!

Please understand that our suites are expensive to build and therefore our rooms are priced on a higher scale. Just to give you an idea, ShowTime cost over $200,000 to build. There is a $20,000 projection/sound system in this suite. The walls are all sound-proofed as well. Some of our economy suites (not sure which suite you stayed in), which are our lowest priced suites, have concrete block walls (Much thicker than paper), but are not yet sound-proofed like the newer suites (Super suites). Our economy suites are priced comparably or lower than other Jacuzzi hotel suites in the area and still include our great “extras” like the breakfast, internet access, great customer service, outdoor fire pit and incredible views that you would not receive at any other hotel.

Our suites are very expensive to run partly because of the plethora of water that we use here. Waterfall showers, hot tubs, double shower heads and steam rooms are features that we offer and most other hotels do not. The town-supplied water and heating the water is very expensive. Our cleaning process involves a lot of water, a complete sanitizing system and much man power—Every day!

We make improvements to Adventure Suites every day. Our place has improved incredulously in the last 1.5 years! We are a work in progress. This hotel is a piece of art work that is molded on a daily basis by caring staff, master carpenters and contractors who are leaders in their fields.

Cleanliness? Ants, flies, occasional wasps and bees are issues every hotel and household contends with in this area. I do not believe ants in a room constitute in any way that the room is not clean. We are very diligent we our pest control and by letting us know that you spotted an ant (or fly, wasp etc.) we can rectify the situation immediately. Again, we are no different than any other property in this respect, except that we can solve it immediately with our great maintenance staff. We do encourage our guests to let us know if they have a problem. Our staff work very hard to keep these rooms spotless and in great working order for you. Some issues we contend with are very different than other hotels. We have very little carpet in our hotel because we do not find it very sanitary. The downfall to that is that our wine/champagne/drinking glasses are constantly breaking on the harder surfaces. We do pick these up during our cleaning process and intensive inspection process, but it’s not impossible that we may have overlooked a piece. Kindly let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable here and we will be more than happy to help out.

We are disappointed to hear that a customer stayed with us, did not address any of there concerns with us and then decide over a year later to write a review. (?) Please rest assured that we are here for our customers, but we can’t help if you don’t communicate with us! Our consistent record of very happy people who continously stay with us on their birthdays, honeymoons, anniversaries and other important occasions, as well as recommend us to their friends, confirms that we are one of the BEST places to choose in New England for fun, adventure and great memories.

Reviewed August 2, 2008

My fiance and I stayed in the Victorian Spa. We loved every minute of it. We booked it in the first place because we were in search for some much needed rest and relaxation. The Victorian spa was perfect for us. We started off with dual massages in our room with the fireplace burning and relaxing music playing on the stereo system. The speakers sounded great and the room was clean, although the sink drained a little slowly (which was my only complaint). We also made use of the steam room and private sauna all within the confines of our room. At night, we made smores out at the firepit out back while we sat and talked to one of the employees. I thought the guest service was great. The guys were extremly polite and efficient. We're in our thirites. If we had kids, it would be a different story. If you're looking for ammenities, this really isn't the place for you. There's no swimming pool, no lobby restaurant or bar. Although there is a restaurant within walking distance and we walked there, it was nice. I liked the breakfast in the lobby. We had fun making our own waffles and the man working at the front desk helped us out. After breakfast, we went back into the sauna. By the time we left, we felt relaxed and refreshed. Just booked another room for this August. Then we're staying at the Mount Washington Hotel the following night. I think that's a good mix- the Adventure Suites one night because we had so much fun just hanging out in the room and then another hotel with full amenities the second night.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elizabeth026
Reviewed July 27, 2008

With our 7 year old and 2 year old we found the Treehouse room unaccommodating. While the decor is interesting, the "stayability" for our family was not good. The first floor has a 2 seat bench, and a very small table for children. The TV was 20 feet off the floor and impossible to see. Not that you'd want to watch it because the 1st floor has no comfortable place to sit - to watch TV or eat.

The second floor had two rooms. The "master" has a ceiling of about 5'9". I'm 6' so I was constantly ducking for fear of banging my head. The second "room" called the Nutroom was nothing more than a long closet with a TV on the wall with a 4' ceiling. The light in this dark space didn't work.

The "bed" was a pad on the floor about 5' wide and 12' long. Very claustrophobic for our 7 yr old. The only bathroom is on the first floor.

No pool, so swingset, no place for the 2 yr old's pack and play, no kid friendly place to walk to nearby.

We ended up packing up and leaving at 10:30PM, sacrificing our night there in exchange for being in our own beds 2 hrs and 30 mins away.

BTW - the lobby closes at 11PM, so if you expect any hotel services later than that, be warned.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family