“Reasonable pub and restaurant”
Review of Rafferty's Restaurant & Pub - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Petty reasonable little place, food ok, staff friendly, drinks aplenty.

I'd go back but I'd like to see what's else in North Conway first.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The restaurant is located some 50 yards off the main street. As the previous reviewer stated cheap and cheerful with large portions. I enjoyed my ' steak tips ' which were nicely cooked tender and tasty. My eyes were bigger than my stomach so could not really do justice to the meal. My wife did not enjoy the onion soup but again this is a question of personal taste rather than the fault of the restaurant. The waitress was very helpful and attentive. Nothing special but standard fare at a reasonable price

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stopped for a late bite. Raffertys was what we expected. Cheap and cheerful with friendly service. Really enjoyed the food and then chat at the bar after. The food is not cordon bleu but it doesnt pretend to be - what you see is what you get. No complaints from us.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I do not usually write reviews good or bad. However, I have to write one about this restaurant. My husband and I travel about four to six weeks a year. We have been to many states and eaten at a lot of different restaurants, favoring local over chain types. We ate at Rafferty's a few years ago and it was fine. Food was OK. We ate there this evening and we will never go back. We ordered the meat lovers pizza. My first bite had sausage that was raw in the middle. My husband's piece had a burnt crust. How they managed to have burnt crust on one part of the pizza and raw sausage on the other is beyond me. We sent the pizza back and I got a hamburger. I ate almost half trying to figure out the weird taste it had and I also had my husband try it. He noticed the same odd taste. We don't know what it was but I left it and almost all of the fries. His french dip was nothing to write home about either. So we went to Shaw's and I bought a frozen stouffer's microwave ziti dinner. My husband also had the French onion soup. I've never seen French onion soup that looked as unappetizing and unappealing as what he was served. He said it tasted ok but it almost looked burnt. I'm sorry we ever went there. Maybe their cook was having a bad night. Whatever was wrong had better get fixed or they will not be in business much longer.

1  Thank Marie H
thunder28, Manager at Rafferty's Restaurant & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Really interesting, I happened to be the "cook" on duty the night in Question. The pizza that you ordered, I will start out by saying it is a grilled pizza, so there will be some "burnt parts" . Now let me address the sausage, like most restaurants that serve pizza, we purchase pre-cooked crumbled sausage so the chances of this being "raw " as you put it are very slim. Now I will address the burger, It is funny that this is the first I am hearing of the "funny" taste as I personally made those burgers on the day you were in. We make our burgers from scratch. I am truly sorry for your experience.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We only sat at the bar to order take-out but the food was very good and the fact that almost the entire menu is available gluten free was amazing.

thunder28, Manager at Rafferty's Restaurant & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we try to take care of all allergy's. There has yet to be someone that has come to us with an allergy that we have not been able to serve. Again thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again.