“Expected more” 3 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Rafferty's Restaurant & Pub
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Florida
“Expected more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

We planned a weekend getaway and had a restaurant.com coupon for this restaurant. I have seen it there for years but never stopped in so was hoping for some good local food. The place is small and off the main drag. Atmosphere is pub like. We were seated promptly but quickly moved our seats to another table by the window so we could watch the TV (Red Sox game). We ordered drinks and potato skins for an appetizer with bacon bits on the side. A server brought our potato skins but no bacon bits. We flagged our waitress who said they were on the counter and would get them. That never happened. My husband ordered the Fisherman platter which was ample and overall good. He ordered extra tarter sauce. That never came. I had the Fish & Chips which was also good. Service was a bit slow - the waitress said she was distracted by a large party (table of 8!). She was very pleasant but we felt rather neglected. We had to flag her down for anything we needed. The food was WAY TOO SALTY - for both of us. Overall seemed like a good local spot and might give it another try but state 'no salt’. Basic food, nothing fancy - no atmosphere, no view. Bar scene appeared to be doing well when we left.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Coco1231

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great gluten free choices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

This place was fantastic. I was able to eat fried clams after five years of being diagnosed with Celiac Disease. Our waitress was pleasant and eager to assist me with the menu. The food was very good. I would definitely come back here to eat again. When you have to eat gluten free, this place is an excellent choice.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Haverhill, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Huge disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

This restaurant came highly recommended for my gluten free daughter. We decided to make a trip to North Conway for her birthday based on this recommendation. Her birthday falls on a Tuesday, which they are closed, so we made a 2 night stay out of it.
Nice location, easy walk from our motel.

Positives - Our waitress was great. Very friendly. Made some good suggestions for my daughter, especially the desserts. Our potato skins were good. The homemade potato chips are out of this world as are the sliver thin onion rooms. DH enjoyed his land and sea.

Negatives - The amount of time we waited between appetizers to our dinner was ridiculous...at least 25 minutes. They appeared to be short staffed as the owner began taking orders herself. We only saw 2 waitresses. My daughter did not care for her gfree pasta and meatballs at all. The meatballs were terrible. She did enjoy the breadstick. My son had the chicken parm. While he liked the chicken itself, he also did not care for the sauce. It was spicy...as in hot?
I had the prime rib dip and it was TERRIBLE. The prime rib tasted like it had sat in the fridge a few days and I was served leftovers. The au jus was bland. The waitress did offer to take it back and get me something else but at this point, I had just turned on the place. She took my dinner off our bill. The owner did ask how our meal was and I told her how awful mine was. She was genuinely surprised but was pleasent about it and thanked us for letting her know.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Strafford, New Hampshire
“Gluten Free”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Everthing on their menu can be made gluten free! The owner's children have celiac so they understand about cross contamination. They have Daura beer, which is GF from Spain. Taste like real beer.

Visited August 2012
“Great gluten free restaurant!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great restaurant for those with gluten allergies. They are very kid friendly. You can also purchase gluten free items like frozen raviolis on site.

• Visited July 2012