“Delightful Experience”

Shalimar of India
Ranked #41 of 94 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
montreal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

I was here with my husband and family a few weeks back and it was a pleasant experience that I will certainly repeat.

They have a large selection of Indian dishes including vegetarian meals to lamb and seafood for pretty reasonable prices. Their selection of wines by the glass was very good. My kids fell in love with the "mango milkshakes", I was extremely pleased by their menu because it accommodated my entire family.

The servers were friendly and efficient, always there when you needed them and not overbearing at all.

The ambiance is pleasant with nice views of the mountains through the large windows and the background music is pleasant and suitable for the restaurant.

Thank you Shalimar for a great evening!

1 Thank TheAdvisor000

United States
“Indian Spice....YUM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2010

We recently ate at the Shalimar of India and are very happy that we did! Thank God North Conway added some spice to the scene. The service was incredible, you did not lack for anything as they were very attentive. I had the chicken vindaloo which was excellent and my wife had the palak paneer which she loved. We also had a coconut nan which was to die for and the chutneys were the best I have tasted in New England. We were never much for outlet store shopping but Shalimar has given us a reason to visit North Conway!

1 Thank TACOB0B
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic--a must eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2010

Great Indian food--everything we ordered was fantastic! My husband and I ordered three entrees to share, and two types of bread. Everything was so delicious we ordered more! The service was impeccable, local family owned; very considerate and polite. Not to mention, the prices were so low! It was easy for us to try everything on the menu; our check was so reasonable. Highly recommend this place!

1 Thank hollette1
Cape Cod, MA
“Finest Indian food served by people that care”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2010

I have visited Shalimar several times over the years and my experience is always excellent. The staff is friendly and seems to really care about your dining experience. My favorite dishes are Malai Kofta, Saag Panner and the Garlic Nan.

The food seems to be made fresh and I would put it up against any Indian restaurant that I have eaten at.

1 Thank JDRCapeCod
Twin Mountain, New Hampshire
“Friendly, Relaxed Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2009

Had a very nice meal at Shalimar. The food was very tasty and seasoned perfectly. I had the chicken vindaloo which you can order according to what level of heat you want. Mine was medium plus which gave me the right amount of heat. The naan bread with coconut and raisins was very good. The basmati rice was average tasting but helped to temper the vindaloo's heat. The waitress could be the owners mother and was very attentive and always there to refill my water glass. The interior is painted a mint green which is soothing and they played some very peppy Indian dance music which reminded me of a Bollywood show. I'm 6', 240lbs. and could only finish half my meal as it was a good sized portion. All in all an excellent meal and experience.

1 Thank TwinMountain