“The restaurant we were looking for.”
Review of Shalimar of India

Shalimar of India
Ranked #34 of 95 Restaurants in North Conway
Price range: $1,295 - $1,595
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I live in the Northern Italy, in a town where thousands of Indians live, all Sikhs, but no one has opened a restaurant, so, after eating at Shalimar, I know what I lose! Everything we ate here was very good, since the starter especially the fried vegetables. The waitress fortunately recommended us to avoid spicy dishes, but to order the preparation of mild or a little spicy. It was a great advice so because' we could better appreciate the unique flavors of Indian cuisine. We tasted different preparations of chicken, all very special, accompanied by Naan bread, both simple and fried, very good the first, the second tasty but very heavy, better ask a portion for two. Surely dinner at Shalimar was almost certainly the best of our trip to the USA.

dhanwant s, Assistant to Mr. Singh at Shalimar of India, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

What a lovely comment! Thank you very much! This has put a smile on our faces, and we are so happy that you had such a nice experience on your trip here to the USA, and that you enjoyed your meal with us. If you find yourself back on another visit, we hope you will visit us again. Travel safely, and enjoy the remainder of your trip. Thank you again!

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and myself had a great experience at this great Indian restaurant tonight...

Very good appetizers, delicious chicken, attentive customer service!

We will come back for sure!

We are glad you stopped in and that you enjoyed your meal! Thank you very much for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit. Have a great week, and thank you again!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We visited the Shalimar restaurant over 10 years ago when it was located just off the highway in the town. We enjoyed the meal and decided to visit the place again in its different location. Oh dear, how things have changed! The chicken tikka starter lacked any flavour and I agree with those reviewers who have found the nan bread to be awful. I chose the prawn vindaloo and my wife ordered the chicken tikka masala. These two dishes appeared to be identical except for a slighty spicier vindaloo. My wife only ate two mouthfuls and I picked out the prawns in my meal and left the rest. We have enjoyed Indian cuisine in many countries but this was a bad experience.

1  Thank PaulExeter_UK

While we are glad you tried our restaurant, we wish that you had spoken to us at the time if something was amiss with your meal. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Just had food at Shalimar at North Conway. I had biriyani and Parotta. The parotta was very soft. The mutton biriyani was very tasty. Would definitely recommend this if you want authentic indian food.

dhanwant s, Assistant to Mr. Singh at Shalimar of India, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you very much for stopping in and also for taking the time to review. We hope you will return on your next visit! Thank you again!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Extensive menu of standard North Indian fare. Restaurant decorated by many, many recent, praising comment cards. Well prepared dishes served by pleasant owner. I had Saag Paneer (spinach with their own homemade fresh paneer (cheese.) Yummy masala sauce. Good desert selection. We vacation in NH every year and the whole state does not have an Indian restaurant this good.

Hello, and thank you very much, not only for your visit but also for your kind words. It is nice to hear, and we do hope you will return on your next visit. Thank you again!