“Consistently good food”
Review of Peking Sunrise

Peking Sunrise
Ranked #74 of 95 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: The Peking Sunrise Restaurant of North Conway is proud to provide you with an extended menu featuring Chinese, Thai and Japanese cuisine.
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Usually, we eat in but this time we decided on take-out. I ordered one spring roll, one hot & sour soup, and orange chicken. My husband had the beef w/garlic sauce, prepared medium spicy. Both entrees came with a huge amount of fried rice. My chicken was moist and delicious, the beef w/ garlic sauce was also extremely tasty. The spring roll was not oily but just right. The soup was strong with marvelous bits of meat and vegetables. All in all, this was yet another good meal from this restaurant. The fried rice was not too special but very adequate.

2  Thank madlady22

Reviewed June 20, 2014

My wife did a take out Kung Pao Chicken and Broccoli beef with steamed rice for around $30. We threw both dishes in the garbage after eating a couple of tea spoons of each, and ended up eating Subway's turkey sandwich. Talking about bad food, it can't get any worse than this. I am surprised they are still in business. We are from the Bay Area San Francisco California area, may be overall California's Chinese food is relatively better than other cities, and we are just spoiled. But bad food is bad no matter what one is used to eating.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Swear they mix water in it. I Nothing like a small thing to make you hate a place, everytiime we think about ordering here I remember this small kick in the (that thing on the back of your body) for wanting an extra sauce. What? $21 plus not enough? Maybe 50 cents would be understandable, but I know that sauce comes in a 5 gallon bucket and the container is about 5 cents .. do you have to make money on the extra sauce? It's a shame because it's things like this that keep me from spending money there. Hey!! how much is an extra soy sauce packet?? 1 per person isn't enough but never dared ask. Foods hit or miss, 65% of the time it's good-- this time the rice was burnt. Place is always busy so why be extra cheap?

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We used to frequent this establishment monthly. The food is edible, and reasonably priced.The restaurant is fairly unclean. But the last few times the service has been horrific. Our server was incredibly rude. She denied her many mistakes and threw our credit card at us. We will NEVER be going there again.

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

This was a major disappointment. We ordered one of the lunch specials which included chicken wings, pork fried rice, and chow mein. The chicken wings were overcooked. The one crab rangoon was pretty good. The pork fried rice was terrible. Miniscule amounts of pork and rice that was over cooked and dry. The pork chow mein had way too much cornstarch and was flavorless. We put hot mustard and soy sauce on trying to create some sort of flavor. Overall very disappointing would not recommend going to this restaurant and we will not return during our summer long stay in the area. The one and only good thing about the restaurant was a hot tea and our waitress did a nice job.

2  Thank KansasSunflowers