“Can't Beat the Muffins”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Can't Beat the Muffins”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My partner and I love the Blueberry Muffin Restaurant, however, it's usually too crowded (it's super popular) to get a seat and so we have to pass by and go with a different choice. On Sunday, we wanted to do an early morning hike so we were up around 6am and determined to get breakfast there. Arrived at 6:30 and oops, they open at 7. No one was there at 6:30. Returned at 7:05 and it was already half filled up. But, we got a table and our waitress was pleasant. My partner had the veggie omelette with grits and I had two eggs over easy with rye toast and beans (which my partner devoured as I was just sadly avoiding the potato side). The meal came out fast and tasted great. I've noticed prices have gone up over the years, but that's true everywhere. Two eggs over easy is a great price. For "dessert" after the hike, we picked up a blueberry raspberry muffin to go. It was yummy as usual. I really recommend getting one of their muffins, even if you aren't eating there, just run in and order one or two. Best muffins I have ever had.

• Visited June 2014

Montreal
“Excellent breakfast”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

A delightful breakfast spot right on the main road in North Conway. The blue berry pancakes were huge and delicious some of the best I have ever eaten and the eggs and bacon were excellent.

The service is quick and efficient and the staff friendly. We bought muffins to eat later on the road as well and they were excellent.

I certainly recommend it for breakfast if you are in the area

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank SteveKMontreal
Concord, New Hampshire
“My favorite!!”
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Every time we are in North Conway I have to stop at the blueberry muffin for breakfast! The portions are huge! It is a little pricey if your on a budget but you will not need lunch and the food is great! Always service with a smile! Try the muffins or the red flannel hash!!

Vermont
“Good diner food”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Basic dinner food if you don't want to go to fast food or Friendly's.
It is a little pricey. Can be a little crowded and noisy.

Visited May 2014
Maine
“Holy rip off prices”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I had oatmeal which was great. My husband ordered french toast (he thought he was ordering a side of french toast at 3.95) when the french toast came it was two measly pieces of wonder bread style toast. When the bill came they charged us 7.95 for it. I asked the waitress if there was a mistake , nope they gave him a full order (no sides or anything with it) and they really charge 7.95 for two pieces of shriveled up white bread, If they are really going to charge 7.95 I expect thick Texas style french toast and at least 4 pieces. I won't be back for there overpriced food. The restaurant is also very small with as many tables as possible crammed in you can barely move your chairs without hitting the next table. The waitress was ok and it wasn't her fault.

• Visited April 2014