“Delicioso!! The Best!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lobster Trap

Lobster Trap
Ranked #14 of 93 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saline, MI
“Delicioso!! The Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We found this place by accident 10 years ago when on vacation and we never forgot it. We're back in town and couldn't wait to return. Oh my goodness, they didn't disappoint! Our servers, Rita and Kerri, were beyond compare - anything we wanted they provided. They knew what we wanted almost before we did. Truly excellent service. And now comes the food ... The only thing better than the service (and that's saying a lot) is the od. I had the deep-fried lobster with homemade onion rings (I know, I know, complete decadence) and my husband had the steamed clams. Our only regret is that we couldn't eat it all over again 15 minutes later. And I failed to mention the cocktail list -- the Hurricane (personally mixed for me by Rita) was as good, or better, than any I've enjoyed in New Orleans (and we were there two weeks ago). Don't let the modest "roadside" appearance of the Lobster Trap put you off. Fancy-schmancy it's not ... Incredibly fresh, deliciously prepared food served by people who really care IT IS! Hmmmmm ... We might have to go back tomorrow.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Denise K

Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Very delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We went early after reading reviews that it gets busy later. We had the clam chowder which was excellent!
Then lobster trails. Very good. Only one side came with the lobster. I had the vegetable and my husband had the twice baked potato we shared both and it was fine.

1 Thank Mary Ellen W
“Succulent and top service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

The staff were friendly and helpful as being from overseas we hadn't eaten Maine lobster before. Cracking open a lobster was helpfully and expertly demonstrated. It was delicious! The clam chowder starter was also very good. This restaurant has our full endorsement!

1 Thank Tony S
Aurora, Colorado
“Good value, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is just a little off the main road in North Conway, on West Side Rd at the north end of town, only a couple minutes from the stop light on the main street. While it looks a bit run down on the outside, and the interior has seen better days as well in my opinion, the food was very good and the prices very reasonable. The "early bird" specials go from 11:30 am until 6:00 pm I think, are are very good. My wife had the lobster roll, with a cup of clam chowder and onion rings for about $12 and it was excellent. I had fish and chips with onion rings, for about $8, one daughter had fried clams (for about $12) and another pasta and everyone was very happy with the food. The only real complaint was with the slow service, and it was not the waitresses fault. There was only one waitress working and there were probably 6 or 7 tables of people so service was slow.

From my perspective, the quality of food and price outweighed the negatives and make this place worth a visit.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank MT1
Orlando, Florida
“Good seafood, good price...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

When we arrived we waited a long time to be seated. A family that had come in after us was actually seated before us. We were very close to leaving, when the hostess finally sat us. Our server greeted us pretty quick considering how busy the place seemed (and under staffed), however this was a Saturday night, so maybe it isn't like that all the time. She took the time to explain some of the menu items that I had questions about and was very helpful and informative. I went with the whole Maine stuffed lobster because I don't like the green stuff on the inside and my husband got the fried clams. We both ordered the clam chowder for an extra $2. The chowder was great, the lobster was delicious and the clams were whole clams, not clam strips. Food was very good and reasonably priced.

• Visited September 2012