“Dissappointed”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My wife and I visited the Applebee's restaurant in North Conway this past Saturday. I was really looking forward to their "Bourbon Black and Blue Burger" so I ordered it well-done (no pink). When it arrived, I cut it in half because it was so big. It was rare inside and very very pink so I had it sent back. The manager got involved at this point and said that he would check on the replacement. When he (Garry) brought me the second burger I cut it in half again low and behold it was also under cooked. I returned it only to order an appetizer which I must say was very good. The manager showed up again and told me that he removed my burger from the bill and he also gave me the appetizer free of charge. Even though the manager made it right, I was still disappointed that my burger was under cooked twice. A woman sitting near us had the same problem with her burger. Perhaps the manager should provide training for his chef's.

2  Thank Terry S

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I had an early dinner here Tuesday night. While Justin, my server was attentive and friendly, the server who helped him deliver my food ruined it. When ordering my cheese-sticks, I commented that I am allergic to tomatoes, asked for honey mustard dipping sauce instead. When the server delivered them to my table, he delivered the honey mustard on a separate plate and the tomato dipping sauce on the plate. The plate was dropped onto my table, not placed, and I asked that he please take the tomato sauce away. The server's response was to huff and roll his eyes and he began to walk away. I stopped him by saying take it away I'm allergic and don't want it on the table.

Justin asked me when I wanted my salad brought to me, brought me a take-out container for what I didn't eat, but despite his great service, the experience was ruined for me by the other server.

I realise I am not a regular, but do stop in at this Applebee's each time I'm in or passing through North Conway, but next time I'll be looking for somewhere else to stop.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is an Applebee's, and it is like every other Applebee's in terms of the menu (varied and something for everyone!), decor, and quality. The manager (I wish I remembered his name!), however, was not like every other and deserves credit for his service and attitude. Any restaurant should provide good customer service, but many do not. I commend this manager for taking pride in his job and caring about his patrons. North Conway is a busy community, and this is a busy restaurant. If you arrive at a prime dining hour, you will probably wait. On this particular Saturday evening, we got lucky and only had to wait 10 minutes for a table. Our server, Jessica, was very pleasant and accommodating. Service was a bit slow, however, and the three little ones with us were getting cranky by the time food appeared. I am sure if we'd said we were in a hurry, they would have tried to speed things up. As it was, it seemed my Chicken Broccoli Alfredo had sat under the warmer for awhile before being served as it was coagulated and barely warm. I did not realize this until after the server (not Jessica) had left the area. I took a few bites, and the food was tasty but had sat too long to be enjoyable. When Jessica came by several minutes later to ask how our meal was, I told her my meal had not been served hot. She apologized and offered to have it reheated, but everyone else was well into their meal, and, with the children, we didn't want to prolong our dining. I declined her offer. The kids meals were a good value at $5.49 for a nice grilled cheese, plenty of fries, and apple juice, and my husband very much enjoyed his shrimp scampi which was hot (as were the kid's meals). Less than 5 mins. later the manager appeared at our table with a sincere offer of apology as well as telling us he would take the meal off our tab. He also insisted on bringing the food to the kitchen to be heated up properly assuring me he'd return with it promptly which he did. He said he stood and waited for it to be done, and he also tried to make it look appetizing before returning it. Since we had not readily complained or been irritable to our server, we thought his actions were very generous. We appreciated his professionalism and concern for his clientele, and I think this puts this restaurant at a higher level than many. So while the service by the waitstaff was only average, the attitude was great, my food was very good (when heated properly), and it was a good value.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

The food was great and the service was awesome even though the place was super busy as it was 6:00 when we got there.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was excited to try my first Applebee's as it is not available in my city. Very friendly and polite wait staff (thanks Josh) and very extensive menu. I actually appreciated how this chain is trying to accommodate what people want these days. The prices were very reasonable as well, you can dine for as cheap as $25 for 2 people and still have a FULL meal. We went on Burger Monday when all burgers are $5.99. Chose the American and Philly burgers and started with their appetizer sampler. This is where Applebee's failed...or at least somebody in their kitchen at this location failed. The food was so salty that it burned. I had to "disect" my meal to find the culprit so I could enjoy it. Unfortunately, it seemed like the cheese was one of the culprits and since cheese was heavily featured in our menu choices (in 3 of the 4 items in the appetizer sampler AND in my Philly burger)....I could only manage half of the meal. The other culprit was the heavily salted fries. So, somebody in the kitchen needs to relax a bit with that salt shaker, okay?

Sorry Applebee's. Since the quality of food is the main reason I go to a restaurant, I had adjust the overall rating of this particular property. Otherwise, it seemed like a really nice and friendly place with decently priced items.