“Short wait, good BBQ”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at 6:00 pm on Valentine's Day and were seated immediately (even though the parking log was packed). The wait staff was friendly and fast. My wife and I shared a BBQ combo platter and it arrived in under ten minutes. Also had a great stout brewed right on site.

Not the best BBQ I've had, but very good. Tip: ask for extra BBQ sauce on the side because they don't put a lot on the meat.

There are newer reviews for Moat Mountain Smokehouse

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We went to the Moat on a Saturday night in February expecting a long wait for our party of 6. Reservations are not accepted for any size group. After waiting over 90 minutes for our table, we were hoping that the food would be worth the wait. Unfortunately, our food was just average but did arrive somewhat quickly after ordering. The variety of beers is impressive. I had heard lots of great recommendations about the Moat but did not find they were valid based on our experience.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Wonderful atmosphere, with yummy food for a great price and a delightful stout (beer) all combined for a great dinner.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Went on a Thursday night around six to a crowded parking lot and thought we were in for a wait, but once inside found a large multi roomed restaurant and were seated right down. They are a microbrewery and a smokehouse so I tried their beer sampler, 7 beers for 7 dollars, some I liked, some I didn't but is a nice way to try different types of beer. The service wasn't that great and the ribs I got were tender but cold in some spots and the sauce they put on was cold and not very good in my opinion. Kids got cheeseburger sliders which were ok and wife got a caesar salad that was ok. Overall everything was ok but nothing was great and the ribs were a disappointment.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Expect to wait, even in the week, if you want a table in the bar. Worth it though as turnover seemed to be relatively quick and it's relaxed but buzzy. Great selection of on-site brewed beers (I don't usually drink beer!) and a varied menu. Had sliders twice which were good but perhaps would benefit from an accompaniment other than /as well as mounds of fries. Also, on second visit, has pan fried salmon which really was delicious - moist, tasty and the best meal of the holiday for me. Recommended for a fun evening with good food.