“unique comfortable place”

Moat Mountain Smokehouse
Ranked #6 of 94 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nashua, New Hampshire
“unique comfortable place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Great staff and service, good beer, good food, family friendly. Great painting on the walls, comfortable and warm. We enjoyed it very much.

Visited December 2013

Lowell, Massachusetts
“Awesome #2”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Once again as new owners at the Eastern slopes inn we have been to not all the area restaurants but Every time we go up to North Conway we have to hit Moats they have the best chilli I have ever tasted ever u can get it with beans or without I get it without omg just the right amount of heat big chunks of brisket I take a bucket home every time we leave barbecue brisket sandwich is awesome ribs and burgers and theres a huge selection of cold beer and there host was awesome wait staff was pleasent I was able to contact the chef Scott himself and get the receipt for the chilli the restaurant could use a facelift but the food and staff are awesome this is one of my many favorites my wife and i will be back up there on 12/13/2013 for my birthday LOVE IT .......

Wakefield, New Hampshire
“Delicious and Reasonably priced!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

A group of 4 of us went out to North Conway to try the Moat. Known for it's brewary and quite a large menu selection. There is definately something for everyone on this menu. Price range was fair for what your got that is for sure. Drinks were very good, nice variety of beers to choose from and it didn't break the bank. We had the Dinner for 4 which was more than enough- Ribs, Chicken, Brisket, Pulled Pork, Mashed Potatoes and Dirty Rice (Way to much Cumin and Chili Powder- all 4 of us Didn't care for that so we left it). But the meal over all was very good. The 2 BBQ sauces on the food was very tasty. Liked the sweet one a little more than the mustard base one but still both very good. Their slider sandwiches looked awesome and can't wait to go back and try that with their fries- what a serving for $10.99!!! This is a must try restaurant if in N. Conway!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Pretty good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Enormous restaurant right off the main drag into North Conway. Food was pretty good though not really super impressive in my opinion. The beer was great though, and I liked the balance they had between their own brews and commercially available ones. Usually it's one or the other! Service was fantastic, as well - they were able to quickly accommodate our group of eleven people

Milford, New Hampshire
“Tasty barbeque and beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was our second visit to Moat in a couple years time. The food is still really good. The BBQ brisket I had was really tender and flavorful. No knife was required. The Texas Toast was more like Texas Bread, but it didn't really bother me. My wife had the Thai Chicken pizza, which is phenomenal. Sweet and spicy, with sprouts and grilled chicken as well as a peanut sauce. Truly an excellent take on pizza. We had a sampler of their beers, all of which were good. My wife enjoyed the lighter ones and I the darker ones. I also ordered a seasonal porter which was good but not the greatest porter I've ever had. Our server was a bit grumpy at first. As the night went on, she was a bit nicer and not as short or quick to move on. The outer, enclosed patio-like area we sat in was really nice and warm even though it was somewhat cold outside. There was a nice fireplace going, we were never cold. Overall, the beer is great (I took home a growler of their stout) and the food is exceptional. Put a little polish on the service and decor and it would be a 5-star rating.