“One of my new favorite restaurants in North Conway”

Moat Mountain Smokehouse
Ranked #7 of 93 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
massachusetts
“One of my new favorite restaurants in North Conway”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had not been to Moat Mountain in years........We had dinner there (sat at the bar) and had such a great meal and a good time. The service was great!.....very friendly bartenders. We ordered burgers and fries. They offer three options for french fries-Yam, Cajun and Classic. The Burgers, Yam and Cajun fries were SO delicious......can't wait to return to Moat Mountain.

Binghamton, New York, USA
“Long Wait, food was okay, atmosphere like a house”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is the first place we went to. There online menu showed a ribeye steak, but it was no longer on the real menu - they should update their website. The wait was long, but expected - based on the ratings here we knew it would be some time before we got our seat. After about 55 minutes, we sat down at a table that kind of seemed like a place you might eat at in the backroom of a cabin on a lake. nothing fancy, nothing special. Lots of very loud kids - which was nice because our kids could also be loud without too much worry from us, but it was difficult to hold a conversation as well. I had the st louis ribs and they were excellent. The iced tea was not fresh brewed, just crappy nestea - so that kind of turned me off. But the ribs were very good, so I'd likely go back for another bite sometime.

Visited July 2013
Londonderry, New Hampshire
“Been going there for years”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We only go to this place for dinner wen in the Conway are. The trick to enjoying this place is to go any time before Story Land crowd comes, which is usually before 4:00pm. Any time after that and you'll be waiting for about 20-30 minutes with the Story Land crowd (kids toddlers and parents who just are wiped out) again go before 4 pm

In regards to the food and beer its had to find a place that serves good food and brews good beer.

Davie, Florida
“Great place”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Was recommended by our Innkeeper and did not disappoint. The food was great and we loved sitting at the bar. We returned our last evening for a second time.

Visited July 2013
“Just below ok”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

No smoked sausage. The combo was ribs, quarter chicken and either brisket or pork. They didn't have any smoked suasage at all. Only 2 sauces (texas and carolina) and neither was on the table. Ketchup was on the table. Cardinal sin for a bbq joint.

I had the brisket, which was ok on bland toast, bland mashed and slaw that was full of half ring-sized pieces of onion and green pepper (both of which I hate). The brisket was straight-up meat with texas sauce poured over it. The meat wasn't pre-treated at all, that I could tell. My wife had the creole crab sliders, which were "fine". They were supposed to come with a chipotle aioli, but didn't. Just a dry bun. My daughter had a cheese quesadilla, which didn't come with sour cream or salsa (we had to ask).

Waitress needs a lesson. A server brought our meal and our waitress was nowhere to be found to ask if I wanted another beer or ask if we needed anything else, like the aioli for the crab cakes or sour cream for my daughter's quesadilla. Several minutes later we had to ask a bus employee to get our waitress.

My wife was put off by the hostess, who she found less than personable when leaving our name for the queue. On the way out, the hostess was talking with a waitress and couldn't be bothered to say, "Good night". My wife said to me, "that's the hostess' job". I agree.

Now that I think about it, 2 stars is generous. This place won't be around for our July vacation next year, and if it is, we won't be going.

1 Thank sfortuna93