“Good Beer but Disappointing Food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Moat Mountain Smokehouse

Moat Mountain Smokehouse
Ranked #6 of 93 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hartford, Connecticut
“Good Beer but Disappointing Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We went for dinner on a Thursday night and it was fairly crowded. I seems like a popular place and I was hoping for a nice meal. The beer was worth it but I felt their food and service left something to be desired. They have a rather extensive menu and maybe I ordered the wrong thing. The hostess was a bit cold and unfriendly. I wish I had a better time, but I don't think I will return. Many restaurants in the area have their beer on tap.

• Visited April 2013

boston
“Not if you want bbq ribs/pork”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went here this past weekend during our visit to storyland. Reading the reviews of this restaurant at some other website we thought it sounded pretty good and let's give it a try. We love BBQ and ribs, so why not.

To start, we had the long horn nachos. Not bad. Basically nachos with cheese and some meat on top. Nothing too terribly special but wasn't bad.

Husband got the $6 beer sampler, not a bad deal either. But that's pretty much all that it was good for the night.

We ordered a full rack of ribs and bbq pork. There was NO TASTE to either! Because there is bbq sauce, it doesn't mean the meat could be or should be tasteless. No flavor, not even meat flavor. It was very disappointing.

We really wanted to like the food and judging by the number of cars out front, really thought this would be a VERY good place. I guess if you come here to drink you probably won't be disappointed. Or if you come here for quantity, you also might not be disappointed. BUT if you are coming here for authentic bbq ribs and pork... I would not recommend this place.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank bostonwa
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Brew and Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stopped by here the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. Started out with the blueberry brew... was tasty and smooth. For lunch I had the pulled pork sandwich...one of the best pulled pork sandwiches I have ever eaten. I liked the ratio of coleslaw to meat, as well as the fact that the bun wasn't too thick. My bf had the brisket and loved it. I am glad we got there when we did, though...walked in around 11:45 am and when we walked out about an hour later, there were at least 20 people waiting for tables.

Massachusetts
“Well worth the wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We arrived on a very busy Memorial Day weekend for dinner and, rather than wait for a table, we found a couple seats at the bar and were served quickly. The house-brewed stout was exceptional--I'd say even better than Guinness--and the pulled pork sliders were very good. My wife had the Texas brisket and, as a Texan, she thought it was very good. Friendly service and great food, and everyone knows it, so the restaurant/bar is packed and loud. However, that wouldn't stop us from returning.

London, United Kingdom
“We stayed here as well as had an evening meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

The room was clean with a comfy bed - husband's favourite this holiday.
We were surprised that the room (upstairs from the bar and restaurant) was as quiet as it was, as we visited on a Saturday night and could not hear noise from the bar - it was bustling and loud downstairs in the bar area.
We ate in the closed porch area and found that pleasant as it wasn't overheated or cold and we could hear each other speak over our meal - hanger steak and black bean wrap. The food was perfectly good - the hanger steak came with mash which my husband prefers to fries and the wrap had some interesting flavor/flavours.
Unusually we had dessert and both the apple tartlet and the peanut and chocolate cake were light, tasty and not too sweet.
The beers were good and it was nice to be able to leave the younger, noisy crowd in the bar and drink our beers in peace in our room.
Staff all helpful and friendly.
Would recommend all 'round if you are in the area.