“Yummy”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Ashby, MA
“Yummy”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Moat is always on our "must stop' list. I'm not a big beer drinker, so enough said there. I go for the food. It's plentiful and delicious, with some interesting twists on the menu, which is extensive! I always seem to gravitate to the BBQ entries, and everything I have tried was well prepared, served hot and did not dissapoint! Warning...during busy times this restaurant can be extremely noisy. I mean noisy like you cannot have a conversation across the table, so we try to go when it's less crowded and always sit in the enclosed porch. I think it's just the acoustic properties of an old building, but a little sound insulation here and there wouldn't hurt. Even so, we make it a point to stop here every time we are in the area!

• Visited November 2012

Florida
“Great Place to eat!! And have a few cocktails!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We decided to try The Moat after a suggestion was made by our snowmobiling guide. Great atmosphere, great service and excellent food. When we are in the are again we will be sure to visit. Definitely worth the visit.

• Visited March 2013
Galesburg, Illinois
“Average food for a above average price”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My experience at Moat Mountain was not very enjoyable. I was staying in North Conway and asked a hotel staff member for a suggestion for a restaurant, and they suggested this place. I have no idea why though because everything about the restaurant was terrible. We waited 45 minutes to get sat, and then sat in a porch like area and we froze! The appetizers (nachos) was excellent and that was the highlight of the meal. The ribs were terrible and I was surprised considering I was at a smoke house. They tasted like they were over smoked. Yuck. The beer was tasty, but very pricey. Overall I would not go back.

• Visited April 2012
Grafton, NY
“Great chili, stout & chicken sandwich”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My first night in town a few colleagues joined me for dinner here. It was St. Paddy's day so somestout was in order...smooth and just right, a bit more like Murphy's than Guinness. I had a cup of chili with beans...mostly big chunks of meat...beef and sausage...great. My entree was the chicken and portobello shroom sandwich with sweet potato fries....delicious...nicely cooked chicken breast and shrooms, great hard roll. Pricey by my standards but not by a tourist town standard...so feel at ease going here. I'd go back, no problem!

Visited March 2013
Boston, MA
“Kind of pricey but great BBQ nachos”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Who doesn't love BBQ? Who doesn't love nachos? Go here for both and have a paddle to sample their beer. I'm not crazy about any of their beers that they brew - but to each their own!

This place is VERY crowded, so expect a wait during high season.

Visited October 2012