“Great chili, stout & chicken sandwich”

Moat Mountain Smokehouse
Ranked #6 of 95 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My first night in town a few colleagues joined me for dinner here. It was St. Paddy's day so somestout was in order...smooth and just right, a bit more like Murphy's than Guinness. I had a cup of chili with beans...mostly big chunks of meat...beef and sausage...great. My entree was the chicken and portobello shroom sandwich with sweet potato fries....delicious...nicely cooked chicken breast and shrooms, great hard roll. Pricey by my standards but not by a tourist town standard...so feel at ease going here. I'd go back, no problem!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,609)

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Who doesn't love BBQ? Who doesn't love nachos? Go here for both and have a paddle to sample their beer. I'm not crazy about any of their beers that they brew - but to each their own!

This place is VERY crowded, so expect a wait during high season.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great atmosphere for a St. Patty's day lunch. I had the Reuben sandwich and caesar salad. Both were excellent! The fries were probably the best fries I have ever had at a restaurant. The beer is excellent too!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our food was good. My husband loved his beer. Super busy on a Saturday night so get there early or be ready to wait. Or hope to get lucky and snag a seat at the bar.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was our 1st visit to the Moat Mountain Smokehouse, there were 3 adults + 2 teenagers, so we opted for the "family meal" deal at $15/pp. We were brought bowls of mashed potatos, coleslaw, corn bread, and 2 huge platters of meat (WARNING: the following depiction contains scenes of mouth-watering meat and may not be suitable for vegetarian readers.) One platter had ribs, chicken, and brisket; the other platter had ribs, chicken and pulled pork. Honestly, the ribs were OK but not outstanding (a little dry for my taste); the brisket & chicken was very good; the pulled pork was excellent. Everything but the ribs was all you could eat, but despite the fact the 5 of us did our best, we still had left-overs from the 1st go-round (which we boxed and took home). I the Czech pilsner, which was very good. Our server was friendly; we would definitely go back to Moat Mountain, loved the atmosphere and food.