“MASSIVE PORTIONS, very good food, friendly, accomodating service.”

Moat Mountain Smokehouse
Ranked #6 of 93 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed August 4, 2011

The Moat Mountain Smokehouse has a large menu selection, especially for dinner; which is the time we went. We went around 6 at night with a party of five. One person got the ribs, two people got the meatloaf, I got the Caesar Salad with Beef Brisket.

I was told the meatloaf was delicious itself, but the BBQ sauce on top was a little spicy; If you don't like spicy please ask for it on the side or a fire extinguisher. On the side with that was mixed veggies and out-of-this-world mashed sweet potatoes which were sooo buttery and creamy. I would highly suggest a side dish of these to enjoy.

The ribs were typical ribs.

The caesar salad was different than normal in that the sauce had some sort of taco seasoning flavor in it. It was indeed called a 'southwest caesar salad'. (You'll find that they are obsessed with southwest caesar salads up there) It was good and had about 8 slices of a beef brisket on top that I added for 3 extra dollars. You can do the same with grilled chicken or shrimp I believe.

I would suggest this place to beer lovers; those that like sampling of beer, smokehouse specialties of meat, and large portions. Don't do this place on the last day as you will have a doggy bag for lunch the next day.

There are newer reviews for Moat Mountain Smokehouse

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Just made our first visit to Moat Mountain Smokehouse for lunch in July 2011.
We enjoyed the restaurant very much and will definitely return.
They offered a wide selection of sandwiches, salads, and other entree's
Food was delicious, plentiful and reasonably priced.
We liked the character of the building and pub instead of the standard chain atmosphere.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Whenever I visit No. Conway, I have to make a stop at Moat Mtn. for a beer. My personal fave is the Weiss, but you will not be disappointed with any of their selection. I love this place, because they always have a fresh, healthy food selection for me to order from (I eat a special low fat diet for health reasons). It is VERY hard to find a restaurant with such a healthy selection! There is something for everyone here, mexican flavors to a Thai pizza!! :-D You must try the molasses peppercorn salad dressing, it is extremely "out of the box" and excellent! (They even sell it in a jelly jar if you want to take some home!)--Very family friendly here. Staff is always so nice, I see a lot of the same faces year after year, that says something!! Must visit!

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We've been coming here for years and years whenever we are in N Conway, and the food and beer are always great!

I was dreaming about the blackened catfish wrap with sweet potato fries and once again, it did not disappoint!

Spouse had the Reuben, son had thai chicken pizza and daughter had the kids burger. There was not a single crumb left of any of the entrees!

The brown ale and stout were also fabulous as usual!

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We quickly got a table for seven on a busy summer night. We have a 3 year old and a 6 year old and were seated in a room with other noisy families. They have a varied menu, and the brown ale was super. Our meals took a long time and some were cold on arrival. The brisket was delicious, though sauce was average and spare. The sliders were enjoyed, but the smoked salmon was barely edible. Very fishy.