“Great atmosphere and great selection of...”

Muddy Moose Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #8 of 94 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Moncton, NB
“Great atmosphere and great selection of...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2010

Great atmosphere and great selection of food! Also has a great view from the deck!

Lowell, Massachusetts
“Glad we tried it....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2010

Interior was very clean, "folksy", and "country" especially for Northern NH. VERY Well done!! We really enjoyed the atmosphere even though it was busy and a tad bit loud.

Service:

Service was EXCEPTIONAL! We were really impressed with how fast the waitstaff could clean a table and get the next party seated. I never saw anything like this! Food was brought out in a timely manner too (fortunately not too fast)! Our local waitress was friendly and very accomodating.

Food:

I had the 20oz Sam's Draft for bevarage (no complaints) and my wife had a mixed speciality drink. She thought it was somewhat syrupy and a bit too sweet and didn't finish it all.

The bread was VERY VERY good (served with REAL butter)! I do have to admit that I really missed not having a dinner house salad with the entree. It is NOT offered for any of the entrees . :-< (or not even offered for a $2 to $3 add on).

My wife ordered the Rib Steak for $20. Not good! It was very chewy and not very tasty. She should of brought most of it home for the dogs to nibble on. She states the baked potato and carrots were really good though. My dish has a better story. I ordered the Chicken and Broccolli Alfredo. Not much broccolli but there was plenty of chicken and pasta. It was pretty good and I ate every bite! No cheese was offered as a topping though.

My 15 year-old-son had the Ruby's Lake House Pasta. This was very good as I got to sample a portion of it the next day! I loved both pasta dishes. Daughter had the chicken caesar salad as her meal. VERY BIG salad!!! Plenty for her to enjoy and bring home to have for lunch the next day. My youngest son enjoyed his kids hot-dog and fries. The waitress even brought extra Oreo cookies for all the young-at-heart to share.

This place is loud but fun! We would definitely go there again... (beats Applebees and 99). We would probably try different menu options.

Connecticut
“Muddy Moose - Good enough for multiple visits”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2010

North Conway is great because it has such a variety of places to eat. The Muddy Moose is probably the one place that you will visit more than once. All the food is very good and the place is immaculate with a gorgeous, huge, modern bar. The place is a perfect family restaurant that then transitions into the best bar in town. Great burgers (although the 8 ounce burger is probably a 6 ouncer), fresh salads and fairly good steaks. A family of 4 can eat like kings for $60 (more if you drink). The only restaurant that we visited more than once.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Average meal... not great, not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2009

Service was pretty slow until business slowed down... then it was decent and we got regular attention. All of our meals were decent but they didn't overwhelm in taste by any stretch. I had a decent burger and onion rings and my wife had the chili taco salad. Both were very large and filling, but only about average in taste. And after skiing all day, everything tastes good... The onion rings were the best part.

Massachusetts
“Average...Just Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2009

Atmosphere - generic, yes it tries to be rustic but it wasn't anything special. The music seemed out of place too unless you're a fan of current "Top 20" music.

Service - no complaints here, the waitress was friendly and service was quick.

Food - just like the atmosphere, extremely "franchise" generic. My wife's burger was ordered medium but came well done, and my steak tips smothered in gravy and mushrooms could have been from Ponderosa...a very blah meal. They don't serve loaded potatoes either so instead you get a plain potato on your plate with a plastic container of sour cream.

There are better options in North Conway (try Moat Mountain). It wasn't that the meal was horrific, it was just very generic and the atmosphere was boring.