“Good and satisfying”

Ranked #30 of 96 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our landmark North Conway, New Hampshire restaurant has been serving up Sustenence, Merriment & Cheer since 1976. Our food is legendary, our service is warm, our style is definitely neighborhood. Mt. Washington Valley's most popular restaurant open 11am to 11pm seven days a week.
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Conveniently located in the middle of Main Street. Not too busy around 1pm on a Sunday. Seated and greeted promptly. Hubby's bacon cheeseburger and my BLT & turkey wrap were big and delicious. Their fries are the size of silver dollars and a nice variation of the usual fries you get at other places. Too full for dessert but the choices sounded good. Have dined here previously and will be back.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

The atmosphere at Horsefeathers is quaint. It is in the middle of North Conway. We were fortunate enough to have a sit upstairs overlooking themain street. We were directly across from the train station. The menu was varied. There are the tradional items, traditional with a twist and some totally unique offerings. My husband had a very tasty pastrami sandwich with onion with a special house made sauce on marble rye. I had the turkey and ham on focaccia. They were delicious. And did I mention a nice selection of craft beers? It is not my favorite place but I would go back again at least for lunch. The dessert menu looked even better then the rest of the menu but we were too full for anything more. It is worth checking out.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stopped by on a Saturday while staying in North Conway for a conference. We were looking for somewhere to watch the Bruins game which was on at 12:30 PM.

We ate downstairs at one of the high top tables as there are 6 TVs down there and both of us could get a good view.

Lunch was pretty basic - I had a swordfish special that was $8.95 and a cup of chowder. My husband had the chowder and a clam roll. The chowder was very thick and floury tasting. I wouldn't order it again. The swordfish was a perfect lunch size but wasn't the freshest swordfish I have ever had. The seaweed salad that came with it was actually very good. My husband said his clam roll was fine but that the fries were on the salty side.

We stayed for the whole game and they didn't rush us or make us feel uncomfortable - I also liked the fact that they served hard cider as I don't drink beer. My husband enjoyed the local ale on draft that he had.

We also had dessert - ice cream for my husband (black raspberry frozen yogurt with chocolate pieces) - he said it was excellent. I ordered the mixed berry bramble - not great - too much bramble and not enough berry. Although the berry part I found underneath all the bramble was good as it was not loaded with sugar. Also not served hot but lukewarm. The vanilla ice cream it was served with was also good.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Been coming here every year for vacation and send people here for the ribs. Except for the fact that they don't have em anymore... Can't tell me you are losing money when you charge 25$ for a chicken parm... Won't be back again.

3  Thank Wadeol1
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I love everything about horse feathers. They make you feel right at home as soon as you walk in the door. Downstairs you have a restaurant and a bar and upstairs you have another bar and also dining area. My favorite place would be the couch right in front of the fireplace . That location was perfect for a chilly night with a martini and an appetizer! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to family and friends. You have to try the horse fries!!