“Yummy!”

Ranked #16 of 95 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our landmark North Conway, New Hampshire restaurant has been serving up Sustenence, Merriment & Cheer since 1976. Our food is legendary, our service is warm, our style is definitely neighborhood. Mt. Washington Valley's most popular restaurant open 11am to 11pm seven days a week.
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had the most delcious scallop pie ever. It was like a coquille dish but the topping was so good. My husband was sorry he hadn't ordered the same thing. As it was a 2 for 1 we really hadn't expected the quality of food. We finished off the scallops but we couldn't finish his steak special. It was very good as well. We took it back to our lodgings and had it as a sandwich the next day. Both dishes were served with the yummiest potatoes. A very good experience.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stopped here for lunch on a Thursday while passing through North Conway. Have walked and driven by this restaurant for years but had never visited. I guess the open parking space right in front of the door was an omen. There are different room to dine in, a bar with booths and high tops to the left, a new bar with tables upstairs with a view of the mountains and train station, and an ice cream shop to the right which has an old fashion counter with booths. We eat in the ice cream shop since there was no stairs for my elderly companion to climb. They had specials for lunch including Prime rib sandwich, pot roast sandwich and salmon filet. My companion had the salmon fillet served with a cucumber salsa and salad for $8.95. The portion was very large and she said it was delicious since she eat everything. I had the clam chowder which was very good and served HOT, the way I like it, not lukewarm like so many places. I also had the bacon, vermont cheddar 1/2 lb hamburger served with fries, which was also very good.
Overall the prices were very reasonable. We had Alexis for a server who was both friendly and helpful with our order. Will be visiting here again.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I'd had my heart set on a haddock sandwich (or small order of fish and chips) for lunch, but nothing like it on the menu. When I told the waiter what I'd been hoping for, he came back with an offer of a haddock Reuben that is usually on the week-day menu. Just what I'd been hoping for! It was delish, and it was so nice for him to go out of his way. The fries are not the "normal" fry- more like a tater tot. They were good!

We stayed in the icecream-parlor part, and it was a fun environment. Clean, airy, fun tunes.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Ate my whole Caesar salad to be surprised with a giant moth at the bottom. Horrible!!! Don't bother when there are so many other options!

1  Thank Astuart04
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stopped in for a light bite and a drink. It is very bright and clean. Service was very good and the wine was cold and tasty. One of us had the chowder which needed seasoning but was very hot and filling. The other had a stuffed mushroom appetizer which also lacked in seasoning a little.