My husband and I have always loved merlinos & go there several times a year when we are in the area. We went there on 4/22 in a party of 7 adults & 5 kids. 4 of us got their famous prime rib, 2 rare, 2 medium, while the others got a variety of different meals. The 4 who ate the prime rib all woke up, in the middle of the night with food poisoning!! I called the restaurant and received a call back about 6 hours later from the manager Deb. Deb said she called everyone else who ate prime rib that night and they were all fine. So it could not have been the restaurant. Right! I'm supposed to believe you just randomly called people who ate there and asked them if they got sick off of your food?! I kept telling Deb that the only meal we all had in common was the prime rib. She refused to concede that the prime rib caused our food poisoning. She told me that had NEVER happened. Funny enough, I read a review posted on yelp from the month before we went. the reviewer says her boyfriend got food poisoning from the prime rib and lobster!! Deb actually refused to concede that it was their restaurant at all, despite all Of the indisputable evidence. Then, she started to say that they have a disclaimer on the menu that says "we are not responsible for..." I interrupted her & said "the disclaimer says rare meat. 2 of us had ours done medium." Ugg! We will NEVER eat there, again & I will post this review on every site I can.
The bottom line, DO NOT EAT THERE unless you have a day or two to stay in the bathroom. The restaurant gave us food poisoning (the one who had the largest piece got it the worst), the manager not only lied to save face and keep our money, but refused to admit we got it from Merlinos.
* I gave the service a 1. Our waitress was actually very sweet but the treatment by the manager (Deb) made that moot*
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.