“Disgusting!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Merlino's Family Steakhouse
Ranked #47 of 93 Restaurants in North Conway
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The Luciano family welcomes you to Merlino's Family Steakhouse, a Landmark in North Conway, New Hampshire since 1967 Sports Tavern, steaks, lobsters, family Italian recipes, and a Merlino's Famous Sunday Buffet! The Classic Northern New Hampshire restaurant with longtime, local servers and bartenders, and great food! Reservations welcome and please fill out our comment cards at the end of your party. Thank you!
“Disgusting!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I have always loved merlinos & go there several times a year when we are in the area. We went there on 4/22 in a party of 7 adults & 5 kids. 4 of us got their famous prime rib, 2 rare, 2 medium, while the others got a variety of different meals. The 4 who ate the prime rib all woke up, in the middle of the night with food poisoning!! I called the restaurant and received a call back about 6 hours later from the manager Deb. Deb said she called everyone else who ate prime rib that night and they were all fine. So it could not have been the restaurant. Right! I'm supposed to believe you just randomly called people who ate there and asked them if they got sick off of your food?! I kept telling Deb that the only meal we all had in common was the prime rib. She refused to concede that the prime rib caused our food poisoning. She told me that had NEVER happened. Funny enough, I read a review posted on yelp from the month before we went. the reviewer says her boyfriend got food poisoning from the prime rib and lobster!! Deb actually refused to concede that it was their restaurant at all, despite all Of the indisputable evidence. Then, she started to say that they have a disclaimer on the menu that says "we are not responsible for..." I interrupted her & said "the disclaimer says rare meat. 2 of us had ours done medium." Ugg! We will NEVER eat there, again & I will post this review on every site I can.
The bottom line, DO NOT EAT THERE unless you have a day or two to stay in the bathroom. The restaurant gave us food poisoning (the one who had the largest piece got it the worst), the manager not only lied to save face and keep our money, but refused to admit we got it from Merlinos.
* I gave the service a 1. Our waitress was actually very sweet but the treatment by the manager (Deb) made that moot*

1 Thank Mom2aidan01

Portland, Maine
“Don't waste your money on "Taste of Italy"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

We love this restaurant for its wonderful staff and service. Although we are obviously not "locals", we have always been treated well and the staff has always been friendly and eager to please. So, we will continue to stop in from time to time, however, we felt we should tell you about our experience with the menu item called "Taste of Italy". It was 16.99 and included chicken parmesan, chicken alfredo, and lasagna, and a large tossed salad. We did take this out, so in all fairness, it did sit for a bit before we ate it. However, the chicken patty was thin, like shoe leather, it was obviously some frozen patty, not a real chicken breast,which is ridiculous considering the price. Take some pride in what you serve! The chicken alfredo was dry, needed more sauce. The lasagna was good, the best thing in the meal. So, do not waste your money on this entree!

Leominster, Massachusetts
“Not worth the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

This restaurant came highly recommended for angus steak so we went....love that its family owned but honestly the stmosphere does not reflect.the prices and I paid $17 for a lindon broil steak? I will say my husbands sirloin was delicious but Ive had just as good a steak at Texas Roadhouse for a lot less money......very dated and cold.inside....I want to say I liked it but I just cant.....still on the hunt for a good steak house :'(

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Wyckoff, New Jersey
“So nice we did it twice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Bottom Line: Locally owned restaurant that offers great food at a reasonable price.

Details: After arriving in town, we asked some locals where to go for dinner and Merlino's was suggested as a place they would go. The restaurant itself is a little dated but clean and the wait staff was pleasant. My wife had the St Louis ribs which were delicious and I had the chopped steak (which was good but a bit pricey for what it was). There is a kid's menu and my daughter enjoyed the pasta. I imagine that the reason they are so low on the list here is because of the price. Overall, we enjoyed the meal enough to come back for dinner once more before we left.

Halifax, Canada
“Succulent beef, what can I say”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have been going to Merlino's for the past 20 years. Best prime rib we have ever eaten. Now they have fresh oysters. What more can you ask for. We love the Mt. Washington fresh salad and rice. Makes for a delicious meal.

• Visited December 2012